Profile for Mrs. Janet M. Williams > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Janet M. ...

Mrs. Janet M. Williams (Sittingbourne, Kent, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Pack of 4 PURPLE Capacitive/Resistive Touchscreen Stylus Pen suitable for Apple Ipad/2/3/4/ Ipad Mini Samsung Note 10.1 Galaxy Tab Google Nexus 7 Kindle Fire HD Sony Xperia Tablet S Asus Transformer Pad Infinity Motorola Xoom BlackBerry Playbook HP Slate 2
Offered by UniFane

5.0 out of 5 stars Metallic stylus with spongy nib, 13 Feb. 2015
Absolutely stunning brightly coloured metallic purple stylus x 4 with soft spongy nibs. Perfect for writing on phone & other screens where the buttons are so close together that you're constantly tapping the wrong ones with your fingers if they're as clumsy as mine! Especially when auto spell check changes the words for ones I've never even heard of & I'd like to think that I'm not that daft lol. Approx 11.5cm or 4.5" in length including nibs. The nibs are 0.5cm or 0.25". Diameter of stylus is 3cm or 1 & 1/8" sorry can't remember how to write inches out lol. Hope this helps someone.

GreatShield Apple Certified Lightning [MFI Licensed] Sync & Charge 8 Pin USB 2.0 Lightning Cable for Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus/5/5S/5C, iPad Mini 2 II with Retina Display 2013 / iPad Mini, iPad Air 2013, iPad 4th Gen, iPod Touch 5th Gen, iPod Nano 7th Gen (6 Feet / 1.8m) - 1 Year Warranty (Black)
Offered by theWireless USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin for a better price than an Apple accessory!, 12 Sept. 2014
I've seen quite a few reviews of products not being compatible with Apple products either straight away or after a couple of weeks & can safely say that I haven't had these problems at all with either my iPad mini or iPhone 5s. Although I'm pretty certain that at first it fast charged my iPad, it doesn't now but it still fast charges my iPhone. The original Apple lead is long enough for me to use in the car & the fact that it doesn't support sound etc wasn't what I wanted it for. Previous reviewers had mentioned this but it is now (or was) quite clearly set out in the description. It was the length I wanted as where I sit on the sofa using my iPad & where the extension lead reaches from the plug socket meant that I was almost leaning off the sofa & still pulling on the original lead if I wanted to use it while it was charging! I know how flimsy these leads are & that it was only a matter of time before it broke, leaving me leadless, but totally refused to waste my money on an 'original Apple accessory'! This lead seemed to have the best reviews & was on Apples website being sold as part of a package, so I was hoping I wouldn't have the compatibility issues experienced by some. I can now sit back on the sofa, comfortable, happy, drinking tea & playing on my iPad to my hearts content because of the extra length of this lead. I've had it almost 3 months now, it's not looking shabby, the plug is not falling apart as reported by some, in fact, apart from a small bend in the wire where it sits on my stand, it looks new still! Having the freedom of the extra length of this lead is fantastic compared to that supplied by Apple plus the fact this lead is so much better in price than Apples is an added bonus! All I would suggest, is what I've always done, which is to firmly hold the plug when removing it from your iPad/iPhone as I know a lot of my friends just pull it by the wire when they unplug their chargers. Maybe this is why the wires come out & those little plugs fall apart!

Hans Christian Andersen's Fairy Tales
Hans Christian Andersen's Fairy Tales

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 12 Jan. 2014
Who cannot resist the tales of Hans Christian Andersen.

We've all seen the Disney interpretations - the tales they've bulked out so they could turn them into films & the films are very entertaining but the book reads far better than I thought it would.

If you have been brought up by your parents or others, reading you bedtime stories by Hans then you should read this book. There will surely be titles that you've never heard of unless you're an avid fan of his. I certainly hadn't heard of them all.

I haven't finished reading this book yet but so far I haven't been disappointed by the titles I've read.

The Princess Bride
The Princess Bride

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 12 Jan. 2014
Most people would know this by the film. It is similar to the film but although I think the film is very good, I don't think it does the book justice. Of course like most books turned into films there are slight differences but these do not alter the fact that the book is excellent provided you read it with an open mind.

If you want the book to be exactly like the film then I'd suggest you don't read this as you will be disappointed.

Personally I loved it & would recommend it to everyone

Irish Fairy Tales
Irish Fairy Tales

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely night time reading, 12 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Irish Fairy Tales (Kindle Edition)
My Aunt had suggested reading this book so when I got my kindle I downloaded it.

I think it's well written & it kept me reading for hours at a time. It was very easy to read, not like some of the fables, with an easy to follow storyline. The stories were explained well & I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. It most definitely wasn't a chore like some.

A good read that I'd thoroughly recommend

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing mouse!, 23 Jun. 2013
I first bought this mouse about 3 years ago now, and have been looking to 'upgrade' to the '5000' which Microsoft say is connected wirelessly via bluetooth but for some reason folks are selling what looks like a 4000 with a nano transceiver as a 5000! So I thought I'm not going to buy something to receive something completely different and would buy another trusty 4000 again. Imagine my shock then at seeing these reviews on here for the over heating nano's! I have never had any problem with my nano. I did used to take it out of my laptop and store it in my mouse all of the time, however I didn't keep that up and eventually just left it connected to the laptop. It has never heated up or overheated at all! The 2 laptops it has been connected to have but not the transceiver! It protrudes approx 1cm from the port on your laptop so does catch or get caught on things but I've never had a problem with that.

I have size 7 hands (glove size) and the mouse fits neatly in my hand, with the rear of the mouse in the middle of my palm and my fingers on the buttons.

The 'extra' side button does take some getting used to but after a while it doesn't feel that awkward anymore and it's really convenient to have a pre-programmed 'back' button, rather than keep moving the pointer up to the corner of the screen. I know it's only a small movement but once you've got used to it, it really does make a difference. I would have liked to have had a forward button too on the other side, but hey you can't have everything can you! You can also change the side button to something else, whatever takes your fancy, in fact you can program all of the buttons to whatever you like.

I agree with the other reviewers that it was a bit disconcerting at first not to have a scroll wheel that 'clicked' as you moved it but it is a lovely smooth action and can move down your pages ever so fast if you'd give it the chance to. Admittedly though, fine tuning can be a bit of a problem if you're impatient with it as I was at the start. I still am sometimes, but I'm not so bad now.

I use the mouse in both hands, mainly my left but sometimes my right. It is easy to change it to left or right handed and the buttons are very receptive to the touch, although sometimes a little too receptive to my right hand as I find it has clicked on things I didn't want but that is down to me not using the correct hand. I tend to hold my fingers above the buttons on my right hand rather than resting lightly on the buttons as with my left!

It is not a 'mini' mouse, it is a reasonable size mouse. It doesn't weigh a vast amount but is not too heavy without being too light.

The bluetrack technology works on most surfaces, it works on clothing, sheets, table tops (not glass though) and other items. The only thing I've really had a problem with is paper! yes paper! If you have a pile of paper neatly stacked then you'll probably be ok, but if it moves about then the bluetrack technology won't work properly. It can't read off of the paper if it's not fixed in place. If you are using an A5 notepad you'll probably get the same result, an intermittent pointer, but use an A4 notepad and you'll be fine so long as you're in the middle. I hope I've explained that clearly! If you have loose clothing on then you'll also probably get the same intermittent result, but use it on a sheet that fixed in place and it's fine, use it on jeans that are heavy enough not to move about when you move the mouse and it'll be fine. I hope you understand what I mean. I have never found it to be a problem, irritating yes, because when I'm in the middle of something the mouse pointer doesn't go where I want it to because the surface I've got the mouse on is moving beneath it, all because I've got used to not having to use a mouse pad etc.

The battery does last a long time, although when I have been browsing the internet or just using the laptop for days on end I've found that the battery probably only lasts about 3-4 months. I've used both rechargeable and disposable batteries and got the same results.

It may be a little different from the mouse you are used to but go on give it a try, you never know you may get to like it if you give it the chance it deserves! All in all, I would definitely recommend this mouse to anyone looking to upgrade their mouse.

The Competitive Gundog: Field Trials and Working Tests
The Competitive Gundog: Field Trials and Working Tests
by Nigel Dear

5.0 out of 5 stars Easiest Gundog training book to follow!, 1 April 2013
I'm new(ish) to this sport & started off training my Labs by myself as there were no trainers or clubs within an hours drive of where I live. I'd been following a series of DVDs by a really old bloke, which were good but of course you can't watch them while you're in a field unless you've got a portable DVD player which I didn't have!

Eventually it got to the point where I had to join some clubs for help & was recommended some reference material. When I looked at whati was told to buy these authors all seemed to assume that you'd already been in the sport for ages as they used terms I'd never heard of, phrases & commands I'd no idea what they meant! Now sometimes you can work out what they mean but not always so some books were very hard going! 1 book I was told to get was all about training spaniels!!! Totally different ball game as a Lab doesn't quarter (hunt from side to side) like a spaniel!

The last book I'd heard about was this book, I waited to order it, thinking it would be like the rest but it's not!! Nigel explains everything, he doesn't assume you have been in the sport for years, which is very refreshing for a Novice Dog/Novice Handler! Nigel explains all his training techniques with examples, they are all set out clearly & are easy to follow by the Novice person & there's even a sort of where did I go wrong section! Brilliant! I only wish that this had been had been the 1st book I'd been recommended as I wouldn't have had to go anywhere else.

Fellowes Crystals Keyboard Palm Support Purple
Fellowes Crystals Keyboard Palm Support Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Fellowes Crystals Keyboard Palm Support Purple, 28 Jan. 2012
This is a large, soft, sqidgy wrist support that is just a bit longer than the keyboard on my computer. On my laptop it is big enough to use as a wrist support for my separate mouse. As I use my laptop on a lap table it is just the right height to stop the wooden rim of the table digging into my wrist/arm.

Fellowes Crystals Keyboard Palm Support Blue
Fellowes Crystals Keyboard Palm Support Blue
Offered by Shoplet-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fellowes Crystals Keyboard Palm Support Blue, 28 Jan. 2012

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 (Business Packaging)
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 (Business Packaging)
Offered by 3B-IT Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 for Business, 28 Jan. 2012
What a result! a marvellous buy!

I was looking for a new mouse for my laptop as I don't get on with my touch pad, my old mouse was giving up - the buttons weren't working properly anymore. I had bought a couple of cheap Logitek ones but they weren't up to the job! I needed one for left handed use, and the Logitek ones wouldn't let me change the buttons. Anyway back to this one. The mixed reviews did worry me, but after looking at the various ones & their reviews I decided to try this one.

The buttons are lovely and soft to press, not too hard and don't need a hard, heavy handed press, just a nice gentle press. The back button on the side is just in the right place for your wedding ring finger (remember I'm left handed) you just press it with the side of your finger, it just takes a bit of getting used to.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2014 11:26 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2