Profile for diggersmum > Reviews

Content by diggersmum

diggersmum

Page: 1 | 2
Duralex Picardie Clear 9cl Set Of 6 Glasses, Great Home Drinksware Accessory Range
Offered by MightyHousewares
Price: 6.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Glass's, 6 Jun 2013
Love these glass tumblers they are solid and sound and remind me of my childhood drinking juice at Mccari's a cute little cafe .That made the most amazing Knickerbocker glories..Robust and not pretentious these glasses are the bizzo.

Weaning
Weaning
by Annabel Karmel
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good food, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Weaning (Hardcover)
Good book ,good for using everyday foodstuff for all the family.Encouraging children to try and eat well as well as healthly.

Grow Your Own Drugs: Fantastically Easy Recipes for Natural Remedies and Beauty Treats
by James Wong

5.0 out of 5 stars muddy hands make potions., 13 Feb 2012
I love gardening and have been interested in the power of plants like forever as I did a botany course years ago when I was a sapling love Jame,s enthusiasum for plants and now I can use his recipes as well.

75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit & Crochet
75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit & Crochet
by Lesley Stanfield
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars diggers mum crochets and knits., 13 Feb 2012
Wow ,what a little gem this book is .How wonderful to knit or crochet your own insects and wild flowers .Whats not too love ,getting to grips with the drawn patterns is a challenge but once grasped it,s not so bad .The birds are on the agenda and the butterflies are on my must do list, as I have grand ideas for them ..A wonderful book full of clever creatures.

Woodturning: A Foundation Course (Woodturning Woodturning)
Woodturning: A Foundation Course (Woodturning Woodturning)
by Keith Rowley
Price: 11.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Fingers and thumbs., 13 Feb 2012
A very informative book now I need hands on experience on the lathe to practice the projects in the book.A very good read with lots of tips and advice.

Cheap Chic
Cheap Chic
by Emily Chalmers
Price: 9.09

2.0 out of 5 stars I Love junk shops., 13 Feb 2012
This review is from: Cheap Chic (Paperback)
This really didn,t teach me much .I used to go around the junk shops as a child with my parents as money was tight and as an adult I have continued to do the same as money is still tight so I am used to making and doing and rehashing stuff for a new purpose the photos are lovely in this book but it really hasn,t taught me much that I didn,t know already..

Cute and Easy Crochet
Cute and Easy Crochet
by Nicki Trench
Price: 10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars easy peasy.., 13 Feb 2012
This review is from: Cute and Easy Crochet (Paperback)
Cute and easy really sums this book up I have made the afghan bag,the wave cushion ,the bears,the crochet hook holder.I have made facecloths the balls have been turned into xmas ornaments for the tree and a very fetching snowman do I endorse this book ?YES I do it,s good for building confidence in crochet and the stitch explanations are very good.

55 Christmas Balls to Knit: Colourful Festive Ornaments
55 Christmas Balls to Knit: Colourful Festive Ornaments
by Arne Nerjordet
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars A novice knitter!., 13 Feb 2012
I received this book and immediately went to the wool bar for some wool and double ended needles and that evening made my 1st ball the one with the snowflake on ,I have never before used 4 needles but I found on reading the book That with some perseverance I could and I quickly got the knack .I now have 8 balls all red and white and some are freestyle fairisle so was the book worth it? For me YES with out a shadow of a doubt...If you fancy a chrissmassy challenge or nice gifts to give to family and friends then this book is for you .Me I am keeping my knitted ornaments for ME!! and I will have too knit more as gifts,and hope I can part with them..

Simple Crochet
Simple Crochet
by Erika Knight
Price: 10.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the cover., 4 Aug 2011
This review is from: Simple Crochet (Paperback)
Well having already made several cushions ,and several pairs of slippers from this book in wonderful cotton colours and cosy wool combinations and been highly praised for my creations .I would suggest you purchase this book if only to learn how to crochet as the pictures are wonderful and I have really learnt a lot I just knew one basic stitch which wasn,t very much but now I am racing through projects and really enjoying it .Crochet grows much quicker than knitting,so the end product comes faster and guess what it,s easy to unpick If you make a mistake.I am to coin a pun WELL AND TRULY HOOKED !!!.

Simple Knits for Easy Living
Simple Knits for Easy Living
by Erika Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple knits for Simple knitters..., 4 Aug 2011
I love this book ,the pictures are wonderful and having come back to knitting after a long absence ,it,s refreshed my memory of how knitting a simple cushion or making a gift for a loved one or friend can be so cathartic and rewarding.Something not mass produced or off the shelf but made with love,care and attention to detail in your choice of colours and yarn..Unique .The patterns are easy to read so I would highly recommend this book..So what are you waiting for ? give it a go and remind yourself how talented you are..

Page: 1 | 2