Profile for Gaz Pacho > Reviews

Content by Gaz Pacho

Gaz Pacho "gaz_pacho" (Ferniegair)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
I Can Make You Smarter
I Can Make You Smarter
by Paul McKenna
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars 6% smarter already, 25 Jan 2012
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
I normally have a certain scepticism about Paul McKenna and a personal grudge. (He once made me 'make love' to the floor in front of an audience. I'd been hypnotised into thinking the floor was Jan Leeming). With this book, I once again have to hand it to him. The techniques are very clear and, for a book trying to make people smarter, easy to understand. By the way, does anyone know if McKenna's phd is earned or if he managed to persuade someone to give it to him?

Heroes
Heroes
Price: 6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Funf stars, 16 Jan 2012
This review is from: Heroes (Audio CD)
What a long way from Ziggy to this in 5 years. Indeed, 5 years - that's all we've got. It's worth the extra effort to get the version where the Dame barks Heroes in German.

The Doors of Perception: And Heaven and Hell
The Doors of Perception: And Heaven and Hell
by Aldous Huxley
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A wild ride, 22 Dec 2011
This is a must for disco biscuit fans or anyone who thinks that getting nutted is a modern invention. Aldo did it in the name of art but i think we all know where he was coming from. Respect.

The Kaibab Resolution
The Kaibab Resolution
by Ron Culley
Price: 2.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Cliched but entertaining, 12 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Kaibab Resolution (Paperback)
Cool heroes and beautiful ladies. If you're looking for an action-based thriller that you can skim read in an afternoon, this is for you.

The Art of Captaincy
The Art of Captaincy
by Mike Brearley
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better, 3 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Art of Captaincy (Paperback)
Brearley is lauded as one of the great captains but I have to say I was a bit disappointed. Sure, it's interesting to know what Alan Knott did with his grip in order to play pace more effectively, but couldn't we have got just a little bit about how Botham broke the bed or Boycs drinking out of his shoe? I know that what happens on tour is supposed to stay on tour but throw us a bone Brears!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2012 6:27 PM GMT

Olay Total Effects Moisturiser Eye Transforming Cream
Olay Total Effects Moisturiser Eye Transforming Cream
Offered by BrandedBeauty
Price: 8.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Transforming, 28 Feb 2011
An incredible price for an incredible product. I have what are referred to as laughter lines. 'Nothing is that funny', as a close friend once said. The Olay has been great and smoothed out the area round the eye. It's also very good for a dab 'round the back', as it were, after a hard day at the office.

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by Invero
Price: 1.17

5.0 out of 5 stars The business, 28 Feb 2011
I've got to say, if you're after 1.8m of HDMI to HDMI cable then look no further. And they go with my teeth.

My Way
My Way
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ta Ger, 26 Oct 2009
This review is from: My Way (Audio CD)
Ian Brown has been a hero of mine since the Roses days. His solo stuff can be a bit hit and miss but this is a return to form. Stellify is magic, so are the next four. Own Brain is magic as well. He's saying that he's got his own brain to think and that, but it's also an anagram of his own name - Ian Brown. Quite clever and it shows he's not just a pretty face.

P.s. My review title is an anagram of great and that's what this album is.

How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks For Big Success In Relationships
How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks For Big Success In Relationships
by Leil Lowndes
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Softly, softly, catchy monkey, 7 May 2009
This is a great book for anyone who is a bit backward at coming forward. For some - myself included - the idea of walking up to a complete stranger at a party, reception or (gasp) networking event is nauseating. What to say? What to say next? Are they really interested or just yanking your chain? All a complete nightmare. Leil Lowndes has an approach for all occasions. Eye contact (friendly, direct but not as if you're trying to bore holes in the back of their head), a smile (teeth but definitely no gum) and the handshake (firm enough to break a raw egg but not a hard-boiled one) are all covered well. In terms of chit-chat, the sections on first phase (walking), second phase (skipping) and third phase (jogging) have some great tips. I've recently secured landing rights on a lovely young lady and used some of Lowndes' ideas in the approach and chit-chat. Pleasingly, when I asked my young lady about when I'd 'sealed the deal', it seemed it had happened during first phase small talk. 'You had me at hello', she said.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2009 1:57 PM BST

Cosmic Ordering: Rapid Chakra Clearing
Cosmic Ordering: Rapid Chakra Clearing
by Stephen Richards
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Chakra-tastic, 19 Feb 2009
Stephen Richards surpasses even his own high standards with this offering. I'd been experiencing blockages in my chakras which were verging on the physically painful. The audio CD and cards worked better than Dyno-rod and I now have a steady through flow of energy and positive karma. The cards are great fun too, especially for patience.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6