Profile for artemisblack_2 > Reviews

NKJV Single-Column Bible PB
NKJV Single-Column Bible PB
by Various

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Bible, 18 Mar 2013
This bible is beautiful and what I wanted- a single column(unfortunately got KJV instead of NKJV(but the idea is same). It has a decent side margin, and although the cover seems a bit flimsy, it would really depend on how much you plan to handle it. It is the least heavy of the single-column NKJV I have found- however, I don't plan on carrying mine.

The only downside to this is there is quite a lot of bleed-through and I know other people have complained about this as well. I feel it is a real shame, the text print colour is also not uniform(although in mine only marginally). Perhaps- this is owed to the lightness of the paper?

This is not a bible for highlighting- however, it is great to have the text without all the 'ponce and rigmorole' of other bible. It is nice to be able to read the text as a regular book- especially considering for example that Paul's Letters would have not been in 2 columns! I like having the natural flow of the text you would not normally get.

I'd ideally give it a 3.75(might change later) but I would definitely recommend this bible for READING- carrying if you dont mind it getting bashed a bit, but perhaps not the best for study/highlight :) Good bedside reading.

AKNICARE® Complete 6 Product System for Acne, Spots and Oily Skin
AKNICARE® Complete 6 Product System for Acne, Spots and Oily Skin
Offered by SkinMed Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilled with the product, 18 Mar 2013
Received product range earlier than expected. Absolutely thrilled only used it a few days and already the acne that has been pestering me has dissipated. Had a red spot on first day and tried the roller only initially and it was gone, by the time I got to work! I'm so happy :) I bought so many rollers and creams over the years this is the first time something has worked so incredibly well and quickly. I still have the small comedones but I am confident that with a good skincare regime these will definitely go away as well. + I have tons of small scars from old acne nodules which seems to have faded as well.

Use Your Memory: Understand Your Mind to Improve Your Memory and Mental Power (Mind Set)
by Tony Buzan

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 6 Feb 2008
This book provides with many different techniques to help you not only on a day to day basis at home, but also for work whether you are a professional or a student. One of the downside I felt with this book is that it is too general and does not give specific examples suited for a particular task/person. Another thing as well is like many of the authors other book, there is a lot of repetition in this book, that you would have read or if you would read, if you read.have read other books of the same collection. Just to save you the trouble though, I would recommend you to read this book and the two other main ones: The Speed Reading Book and Use Your Head of the same author- to save you the trouble of having to read those section in any other books of the same subject, by same author again- I am giving it 4 stars because it says what it does really well- but only 4 because of the downside mentioned.

Master Your Memory: More Inspiring Ways to Increase the Power of Your Memory, Focus and Creativity (Mind Set)
by Tony Buzan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 6 Feb 2008
This is an OK book, I give it a 4 stars only because I do not think that you will fully benefit from it unless you read the one that this book was base it, which is Use Your Memory by the same author. Also, if you are interested in SuperMemory Training, there are better systems out there than the ones in this book- which seem to be more theoritical than practical. the sections on different subjects in this book are quite tiring as well. An OK introduction to Supermemory training, but like most people you will find something better.

PS I would however fully recommend Use Your Memory by the same author it is a far superior book.

The Essential Guide to Becoming a Doctor
The Essential Guide to Becoming a Doctor
by Adrian Blundell

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book, 6 Feb 2008
This is a great book, I have read different editions of this book and I am pleased to say that they ARE up to date on probably everything- I made all my Uni choices based mainly on the info given in this book- a word of caution in doing this however would be that- University entry requirement change a lot- so by the time the book comes out, the requirement mentioned in the book are usually out of date- but that is not the case just in this book, but all of the same kind. A must read for future applicants- thus the reason for the 5.

Oxbridge Entrance: The Real Rules
Oxbridge Entrance: The Real Rules
by Elfi Pallis

4.0 out of 5 stars It was a book but..., 6 Feb 2008
although I did enjoy reading this book, and although I do think it would be useful for those it is aimed at(thus my 4 stars). I would not say that I am absolutely pleased with it. One of my main reasons for this is because of the authors patronising attitudes to public school students and also her over-emphasis on getting into whatever subject rather than giving an insightful approach into getting into the subject you want. Although there is a good separate section for medical applicants- it was not anything that we did not already know- and not only this but not much else has been said about how to get into any of the other courses at Oxbridge- suggesting that they are easier to get into- which compared to law and medicine- yes they probably are- but they are still not as easy as the author makes it out. All in my mixed feelings about the book, make me give it a 3.5- which I can't so I'll just give it a 4, because I do feel that it is an inspirational book for those students that think that Oxbridge is far higher up there than it is.

Medical School Interviews: A Practical Guide to Help You Get That Place at Medical School - Over 150 Questions Analysed
by George Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars A really useful book for any high school student applying for medicine, 6 Feb 2008
I bought this book in the hope to get better not just interview skills but also better for any medicine interviews I may get. I know that someone mentioned that this book is better suited for a medical graduate applying for a residency post- but I do not think that it should be thought of as a disadvantage. The interviewer are going to be looking for students that they feel would graduate and get an internship- therefore they would use a lot of the questions in the book- depending on how hard they will be on you. Another thing that I really liked about this book is that it teaches you how to answer the questions,rather than just giving you a cliched example for you to learn off by heart. These are my reasons for giving it 5*s

Passing the UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) and BMAT (Student Guides to University Entrance)
by Felicity Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars Use it only for reference, 6 Feb 2008
This was a good book to start off your practice I would not recommend anyone to use it solely on its own, I would suggest that people use other psychometric testing practice books with it. It has a comprehensive guide to the test, but to be honest, just a little more than what is already on the website, and I did feel that the section the BMAT was not needed since the BMAT has it own official book- the section of the UCAT would have been covered better I feel if it had not been included. Also there is not a single full length practice paper in the book- which makes working out how much time you take on everything quite difficult. I think thus that my rating is justified

Stranger with My Face
Stranger with My Face
by Lois Duncan
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is fantastic, 29 July 2003
I read this book when I was about eleven. I founfd the book in my school library. Till then I've read all the lois duncan book I could find.

For those of you who never read the story

Well the story is about a girl. When she is seventeen, she discover that she was adopted. What's more she also finds out that she got a twin sister. Her twin sister also knows that she was adopted, but she is very different from the heroine and through a spooky psychic method called astral projection, she goes to find her sister. But the other twin soon regrets ever having been found- and realises that some things are best left in the past and forgotten.

This was a fantastic book I recommanded for any age.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2014 8:51 AM BST