Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Rake and the Recluse : REDUX (the complete six-part serial novel)
The Rake and the Recluse : REDUX (the complete six-part serial novel)

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite a good book - Hated the constant photos, 18 July 2013
Throughout the book the author inserted a lot of photos. Personally they just annoyed me. The costumes were incorrect and frankly not needed.

Intentions of the Earl (Scandalous Sisters Book 1)
Intentions of the Earl (Scandalous Sisters Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book for a free copy, 15 July 2013
I quite enjoyed this book however the author should be more careful with her terminology. In Regency times they would not have said a person 'fancied' someone. I found a few other minor errors.
I suggest the author read Georgette Heyer who depicts the period perfectly.

The Education of Frederick Douglass (Penguin Classics 60s)
The Education of Frederick Douglass (Penguin Classics 60s)
by Frederick Douglass

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 13 July 2013
This book is just a section from the Narratives of Frederick Douglass, if you already have that book, don't waste your money on this one.
It's about 10cms x7cms, a pocket book. I threw my copy in the bin.

La Luxure: Discover Your Blood Lust (Human Vampire Book 1)
La Luxure: Discover Your Blood Lust (Human Vampire Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, wouldn't buy any of the additional books, 11 Jun 2013
Vampires should be just that, Vampires. Big teeth, blood sucking, mind control, strong. Additional quirks always acceptable. Didn't enjoy this as much as I do proper Vampire books. A bit creepy, and not in a good way!

The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden)
The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden)
by Julie Kagawa

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, can't wait for the next!, 28 May 2013
My only criticism of this book was that it wasnt' long enough. Talented writing with a good storyline. My daughter and I have read both books in the series and hope the next book isn't too long coming.

The Devil's Whorehouse
The Devil's Whorehouse

2.0 out of 5 stars Total Non Starter!, 21 May 2013
With this book it felt as though the author started a novel then gave up, shoved a pathetic ending in and called it a short story.
To call it a disappointment would be being kind. It was that bad I deleted it from my library as I have no itention of reading anything by this author again.

Oxford Blood (The Cavaliers Series: Book One): An adult vampire romance trilogy (The Cavaliers Trilogy 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic book!, 20 May 2013
What a unusual idea for a book set in Oxford. The authors knowledge of Oxford was obvious and I loved the book so much I bought the second straight after.
Since reading the second I am eagerly awaiting the third, even contacting the author to ask when it will be available. She kindly replied and I can say for Cavalier fans that the book should be available at the end of the year.
If you haven't already read this book - go for it. It is well written with a great storyline.

Human No Longer
Human No Longer

2.0 out of 5 stars Very VERY Slow start but got Better, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Human No Longer (Kindle Edition)
A lesser person could have easily given up on this book. The first 40% or so was plodding and annoying.
The character had fought Vampire's years earlier, yet after an attack that drained her husband dry and left her barely alive she didn't suspect Vampires. The bit that really got me, was when she didn't understand what was wrong with her when she kept being sick after eating, daylight hurt her eyes, she perked up at night, felt her children's blood flowing through their veins & she drank raw blood from burgers???
You have to be kidding! You can only go so far with the 'denial' card!
I was tempted to give up at this point but I did finish the book, which did improve.
Would I read any more by this author? No. Afraid not. Not the best Vampire freebie book I've read by a long shot.

Dark Genesis (The Darkling Trilogy Book 1)
Dark Genesis (The Darkling Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally unexpected storyline but amazingly good!, 4 May 2013
I really enjoyed this book, couldn't put it down. My only grouch would be the ending. I realise it's getting ready for the next book - which I will get -but still, the end could have been better.
However, don't let this stop you from reading this book. A novel take on a vampire story. Well worth reading.

Destined (Vampire Awakenings, Book 2)
Destined (Vampire Awakenings, Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a freebie, 22 April 2013
Quite a short book but good. It had the potential to do more with the characters, many were simply introduced to the plot with a vague cover story.
I realise the author wants to use the characters for future stories, however I feel an opportunity was missed to intrigue the readers, to entice them further into future stories.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7