Profile for Sam > Reviews

Content by Sam

Sam

Heroes, Villains and Fiends (Osprey Wargames)
Heroes, Villains and Fiends (Osprey Wargames)
by Craig Cartmell & Charles Murton
Price: 8.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Heroes, Villains and Fiends (Osprey Wargames), 11 Jan 2014
I bought this with the main rulebook - In Her Majesty's Name, and have found it adds extra detail to the rules, although I have not played a game yet. This book adds rules for swimming, as well as extra companies (the bands of characters in the game), it also adds a bestiary of both real and fantasy creatures.

So I highly recommend this in combination with the main rules. I haven't given a 5 star review as without playing the game I would find it a bit of a contentious point to say absolutely go for it.

Of course, they may be differing opinions to me.

Prometheus [DVD] [2012]
Prometheus [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Noomi Rapace
Price: 3.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Prometheus, 31 July 2012
This review is from: Prometheus [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
I'm a major fan of Alien, Aliens and so on. Unfortunately, this film will make you re-think the background and life cycle for the defining Alien species, which serves a very minor cameo role in Prometheus. I personally blame the very thing I'm doing, oddly enough, writing about the film on the net, I got very excited about a potential prequel to Alien, which got very close to winning through and just didn't manage to pull it off. The Fassbender Android is a creepy and well-done role.
I enjoyed the film, don't get me wrong, just don't expect it to link in very well with the Alien films. Certainly worth watching despite the drawbacks it has to the fans.
If anything it needs a very well-written sequel to tie it back in to the already present fiction and to carry on, as it finishes on a bit of a cliff-hanger (of sorts).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2012 10:45 AM BST

Assassin's Creed Revelations (Xbox 360)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.
Price: 10.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Same game as 1 and 2., 22 May 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I played both Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, and found them ok. I bought Revelations for the multiplayer and found it to be unstable when trying to create matches with friends.
Gameplay is the same as the originals except for a few minor extra gadgets.

Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360)
Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360)
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Max Payne 3., 20 May 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Despite what other reviews say, I bought the game today and have tried both Single Player and Multiplayer. Both are quite alot of fun, I prefer the multiplayer to the main game, mainly due to the cutscenes/cinematics. They play once, and then everytime you are forced back to a checkpoint (E.g. By death), but remain unskippable.
Overall not a bad game by any means, but perhaps when it's slightly cheaper - Buy it.