Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Morphy Richards Turbosteam 40699 Steam Iron Diamond Soleplate, Plum
Morphy Richards Turbosteam 40699 Steam Iron Diamond Soleplate, Plum

1.0 out of 5 stars this does iron and I do like the colour, 20 Sep 2014
On the positive side, this does iron and I do like the colour. However, the tank is so small I am using the iron as part of my workout - frequent trips to fill it up keep me extra busy. In addition, the cord is so short, even though I have relocated my ironing location to directly next to a socket, it is an uncomfortable stretch. You are left with the choice of doing table-top ironing, or getting a much smaller ironing board, or using an extension lead. None of these are ideal but I will have to opt for the extension lead since a large ironing board reduces ironing time. Unfortunately I received no reply from the vendor when I wrote to them and am too busy to chase up but wanted to warn others before you make your purchase.

Celebrity Authors' Secrets: The World's Greatest Living Authors Reveal How They Sell Millions of Books
by Stephanie J. Hale

5.0 out of 5 stars Great insights for new and experienced authors alike, 17 Jun 2014
This book is packed with gems of how some of the world's best known authors have become successful. Myth-busting, encouraging and enlightening there are bound to be tips there to help you in writing your own book from concept through to marketing, the joys and the frustrations. It is quick and easy to read and all the better for it.

Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery (Voices That Matter)
by Garr Reynolds

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity, Brevity and Clarity - I love it!, 25 April 2014
I used this book in my research for The Presenting Coach. I love the principle of zen in presentations and the concept is clear and consistent. This takes the experienced coach to the next level, producing design-led presentation with elegance, style and substance. Highly recommended.

Tricia Woolfrey, Author of The Presenting Coach
[...]

slide:ology: The Art and Science of Creating Great Presentations: The Art and Science of Presentation Design
by Nancy Duarte

4.0 out of 5 stars Sophisticated Visuals, 25 April 2014
In writing The Presenting Coach, I used this book in my research. It is a beautiful book, as you would expect. But it's more than that, it helps you through the art of making good presentation slides. This is the antidote to the complicated, fussy slides of old and guides the reader to think more about the audience-experience and how to make more impact with less on your slides.

I highly recommend it to those who are already good presenters but who want to bring elegance and sophistication into their slide presentation.

Tricia Woolfrey, Author of The Presenting Coach. [...]

Car Buying Tips: Make the Best Car Buying Decision Using Our Tips: 1
Car Buying Tips: Make the Best Car Buying Decision Using Our Tips: 1
by Mark Lyford

1.0 out of 5 stars Is this it?, 15 Mar 2013
Very disappointing. I bought this for a gift and it is very thin, with huge spacing on the pages and not very professionally put together. I will definitely have to buy something else as my gift. Not worth the price at all. Of course, I don't know what value the advice has but that's the overall impression of the book. Whatever advice is there also looks thin.

Planting Design Essentials
Planting Design Essentials
by Jill Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Become your own garden designer, 31 Jan 2012
This is a great book for those who want to create a beautiful garden for themselves but don't know where to start. Beautifully illustrated and written, it has everything you need. It shows you what plants to choose to give you interest through the seasons, shows you how to harmonise colours and shapes and takes you through the creative aspects of maintenance. Full of practical advice it is also inspiring. I loved it.

The Accidental Salesman: Networking Survival Guide - the essential hands-on manual for winning more business and gaining new sales leads

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just about networking, 29 Jun 2011
This book was given to me so it took a while to read it. The title actually doesn't do the book justice - it is more than a book on how to do networking. It is a book which will help you be clearer about your business and the kind of client you want to attract. Through this, you will be able to apply the excellent networking skills which Richard advocates. Very easy to read and practical it is a must, especially for those who are either setting up or not getting as much business as they feel they deserve. The time you invest in reading this book and applying the principles will be repaid many times over.

Marketing Complementary Therapy3e: 101 Tried and Tested Ways to Attract and Retain Clients
by Steven Harold

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical guide to build your therapy practice, 21 July 2010
Steve Harold's book is a God-send to anyone starting out as a therapist and gives practical tips to help you build a successful practice. I have recommended it to many new therapists from reflexologists to hypnotherapists, osteopaths to massage therapists. It is a quick and easy read but incredibly helpful.