Profile for Brian > Reviews

Content by Brian

Brian
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-23
Philips PicoPIX PPX2450 55 Lumens Pocket LED Pico Projector with Integrated Media Player and 2GB Memory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Put A Pico In Your Pocket., 25 Sep 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Yeah , this is actually pocket sized , it just fit into my t-shirt's top pocket, so you can indeed carry your own cinema about with you. The PicoPIX is an amazing piece of technology , and I liked it straight out of the box. It's a lovely little projector, and is so easy to use, whether you want to view a slide show of holiday photos, or watch a film. The PicoPIX will connect to just about anything, including your camera, video recorder, pc , and even your iPhone/iPad/iPod! You can also view photos ,films ,and listen to music , from SD/SDHC cards, and USB sticks, projecting a good sized picture onto practically any surface. It's so user friendly , that it seems just like a toy to me, but in reality this is a state of the art projector, and Philips has done us proud. I'll say it again , 'it's so easy to use!'. The battery lasts for two hours, which may be long enough for some films, but not long enough for others, but I like the way that it asks you if you want to resume playing a film , from where you left off, if you don't watch it all in one go. The picture quality is very good,and bright, with natural clours, and the sound is clear, and you can attach headphones, for personal listening. The PicoPIX has a handy remote control, and comes with a nice carry case. There are various leads provided, and others ,like the iPhone/iPad cable can be purchased separately, if you have a spare 35 quid,or so!
There's a quick start booklet provided, but you can download a full user manual from the internet, which I have done. The PicoPIX would make a great holiday/traveling companion , enabling you to watch the photos , and film you've just shot, in the comfort of your hotel room - you can lie in bed, and view your stuff on the ceiling. yes, this projector doesn't have to be on a tripod or flat surface, you can just hold it with one hand, and point it wherever you like. The viewing distance is 5 metres which is good for something so small , and light. It's well designed, and gives me the impression that it will be quite durable. Philips have obviously put a lot of thought into giving us a good user experience here.They used to say that Philips were one of the top two tv manufacturers, so they've got plenty of expertise in this field to draw upon.
I'm quite taken with the charms of the PicoPIX, and I would thoroughly recommend it to all - so why not get your clicking finger in action, and start viewing your pics,and videos on the wall? I'm sure you won't regret it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2013 11:02 AM GMT

Myspa by Homedics Aroma Pebble Foot Spa with Polished Beach Pebbles
Myspa by Homedics Aroma Pebble Foot Spa with Polished Beach Pebbles
Offered by Deals On The Net
Price: 49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothe Your Tired Feet!, 28 Aug 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Yes, you can freshen up your feet, with the Myspa Aroma Pebble Foot Spa , which is easy to set up,and operate. There are clear instructions for use, enabling you to experience the spa feel , in your own home, whenever you wish. The footspa is sturdy ,and well made,comfortable, and the controls couldn't be more user friendly, with just three buttons for , light, heat, and bubbles. The spa switches off after about ten minutes,and you will have to press the buttons again for contued use, which is easily done. Afterwards,your feet will feel clean, and refreshed, and i imagine that regular use over a long period of time will help those, like me, who suffer from hard skin under the feet - I hope so anyway. This is a quality product from Homedics,which I would recommend for all. Amazon have it at a reduced price at the moment, so why not step on over to Myspa , and take advantage of a bargain - I'm sure your feet won't regret it!

Highway To Heaven - Season One [UK DVD]
Highway To Heaven - Season One [UK DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Landon
Offered by Revelation Films Direct
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Joe Returns., 28 Aug 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Many people will remember Michael Landon, from Bonanza ,and Little House On The Prairie. He's back in this series as an apprentice angel, who is trying to help people with their problems, and learn a bit more about compassion himself.I actually didn't watch the series when it was shown on tv in the eighties, and so this wasm all new to me. This Season One package comprises of seven discs , with twenty four episodes. The picture , and sound quality , are both excellent , and English subtitles are available. The stories are interesting , and varied , and although first shown in 1984, they don't seem too dated. The acting is good, and 'Highway To Heaven',stands up well against other series which feature angels helping people here on Earth,which appeared later like 'Touched By An Angel'. Also, I feel that 'Quantom leap',wouldn't be with us, if there had been no,'Highway To Heaven'.So this was somewhat of a trailblazing concept,as such.
I would thoroughly recommend,'Highway To Heaven',for all the family to view together - this is good family entertainment.

Leitz Heavy Duty Expanding Pocket - Clear - Ref 47188
Leitz Heavy Duty Expanding Pocket - Clear - Ref 47188
Price: 10.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Tidy Up Your Papers., 25 Aug 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These expanding pockets are ideal for anyone looking for a neat storage solution, for A4 paper , or card. The number each pocket will hold will depend upon the thickness of the sheets of course. The pockets are well made, and strong, and I am recommending them for everyone.

My Life: A Coach Trip Adventure
My Life: A Coach Trip Adventure
by Brendan Sheerin
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Trip Through Brendan's Life., 13 Aug 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Yes, this is more Brendan's life story, than a book about,'Coach Trip'. We both grew up in Yorkshire , in loosely the same era, but our world's were very different - I was in amongst the grime of the South Yorkshire coalfield , whereas Brendan grew up in the more rarified atmosphere of the Irish Catholic community, in Leeds. Shining through this book, is Brendan's warm , open, generous, intellegent, and humorous personality - he comes over as a very nice man, and I'm not surprised that the Nation has taken him to their hearts. The book is well written , and as the story unfolds Brendon shows us the people in his life, and we are treated to his gentle style of humour.There are plenty of photos in the book, so that we can put faces to the names, and come to feel that we know them too. The book is easy to read, and flows smoothly along ,with each chapter bringing us new insights into the man who's brought,'Coach Trip', into our homes. Whether or not you like the tv programme, I can guarantee that you'll become quite fond of Brendon himself, as the pages start turning - you just can't help but like,and admire him. If I met Brendon now, he would seem like an old friend. I've got the hardback, but the kindle version,is the best value. So if you want to learn more about Brendon,then get your finger clicking on the buy button today. Happy reading...

SMS Audio SYNC By 50 Cent Over-Ear Wireless Headphones - Black
SMS Audio SYNC By 50 Cent Over-Ear Wireless Headphones - Black
Price: 199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven Cent., 13 Aug 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Yes, the US rapper , come businessman , 50 Cent, has given us something special here. His company SMS Audio, have taken us to exactly where it's at, with these SYNC headphones, which incorporate state of the art, Kleer technology. As soon as I saw these headphones , I could tell they were exceptionally well made,with an eyecatching design, and eveything you need cleverly fits inside a lovely case. They're surprisingly light, considering that the lithium-ion battery is built in. The headphones are made from top quality materials, and are exceptionally comfortable. Most wireless headphones , have a fairly bulky separate base unit , which is attached to the sound source by a cable, or require Bluetooth connection, but these beauties just pair up with a small dongle, plugged into the headphone socket of your music device, thanks to Kleer technology, providing an interference free link to all your audio.It actually seems like magic to me, and is just what I've been waiting for, these headphones really do enable portable music, without any wires. They can be used practically anywhere, and sound fantastic, with the large drivers, and digital EQ, giving us studio-quality sound - 50 Cent has really done us proud! They can be used with any device that has a 3.5 mm headphone socket, and are ideal for iPhone/ iPod / mp3/ tv/ gaming , useage. The passive noise cancellatiion works well, and they produce a responsive ,deep rich sound, and although the base can be boosted , it really doesn't need to be, because there's plenty of it to start with, in fact the boost is more of an enhancement, giving the base sound,new dimensions.A lot of thought has obviously gone into the design of these headphones, with all the controls you need being situated, within easy reach, on the headphone cups. To top it all , a cable is even provided, so that you can use the headphones in a conventional manner, while the dongle is charging, or if your battery goes flat, while you are out and about. Also , the dongle can send wireless signals to up to four other users,who can then have a shared listening experience. Although expensive,they are really special, and I was totally impressed with these headphones, and wish I could give them ten stars! If you're looking for an amazing sound experience, with headphones that are truly wireless, and look good to boot, then I suggest that you invest in a pair of 50's SYNC headphones. You won't regret it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2012 3:04 AM BST

Berghaus Prime II 60 Wheeled Travel Bag
Berghaus Prime II 60 Wheeled Travel Bag
Price: 41.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Travel Bag., 12 Aug 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This travel bag is well made, and light, and will be particularly ideal for overnight stays in the UK, because it's too big to take as hand luggage on the plane, when traveling abroad. The bag is a clever , semi-rigid design, with lots of spacious pockets, and compartments. The soft front of the bag, looks as though it will expand outwards quite a bit, to provide plenty of storage space. Although light, the bag is very sturdy, and made from top quality materials,with an eye catching design. The back , is taken up with a large pocket, for straps, which enable it to be used as a backpack , or even as a rucksack ,making this travel bag very versatile. The handle and wheels are well designed, and won't suddenly let you down. I can recommend this wheeled travel bag to all , and Amazon have got it much reduced at the moment, so why not wheel on over now, and take advantage of this great bargain?

Photo Editing Made Easy
Photo Editing Made Easy
by Which?
Price: 5.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal For The Beginner., 17 July 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Being only a 'point and shooter', who's always on the lookout for tips, I couldn't resist getting this book , and who can you trust more than,'Which'. The book is a nice size, and is packed full of useful , easy to read , information , and has lots of helpful photos,and illustrations. It provides a very good general introduction, for Windows users, who have Adobe Photoshop Elements 8,or above.From fixing common problems,to working out how to get those perfect family shots , it covers everything novices , like me, will need to know. Firstly, I wanted to learn how to remove colour cast from one of my snaps , and I was pleased to be able to find out how it's done. I've dropped a star, because this book is only really aimed at a target audience , and not everyone will have Adobe Photoshop installed. As usual, Amazon has this book at a reduced price, and I would recommend it to all those wanting an easy guide to photo editing.

Frommer's Scotland (Frommer's Complete Guides)
Frommer's Scotland (Frommer's Complete Guides)
by Lesley Anne Rose
Price: 11.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Glovebox Companion., 17 July 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Yes, while not exactly pocket sized ,this book will be ideal for your car's glovebox.I immediately liked this book, and it reminds me of that old newspaper joke,'what's black and white and red all over?' This colour scheme does work out well, and I loved the idea of the touch of pink ,on the book's edge, marking out the chapters, for quick access. Although this is a paperback , the cover is waxy, and will be hard wearing. This guidebook , is well put together, and I would imagine a lot of thought has gone into the content,resulting in a useful book , for practically anyone , who's interested in visiting,or touring Scotland. The reason for dropping a star, is because the text is very small, which could cause difficulties for some, but I can understand that to give so much information, in one volume, has obviously led to compromise , to keep the book' size down , and this book is certainly packed full of useful information. So, I would be happy to recommend 'Frommers Scotland', to anyone who is planning a spot of sight seeing,leisure,or general travel in Scotland. There's a website, and phone apps available too, for further information. Amazon have got this book at a reduced price at the moment, so if you're heading for the Highlands,then don't go without this book.

WeSC Chambers by RZA Premium Headphone - Black
WeSC Chambers by RZA Premium Headphone - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Audio Fashion Statement., 30 Jun 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Yeah, that is the vibe I'm getting here, with WeSC being a Sweedish clothing manufacturer, and RZA a prominent 'Hip Hop' producer, amongst other things. These headphones are targetted at iPhone/ iPad and Ipod owners, and that's immediately obvious, when you see that the packaging is very similar to an Apple product's , like the iPhone's for example. But that's where the similarity ends, because whereas , Apple products are user friendly,it takes you ages to to work out where the controls are on these headphones, and what their function's are. On taking out the phones, I could see that they fold up neatly, and are a bit heavier than most. Essentially, what you have here, is a pair of closed back headphones, with optional noise cancellation. The controls take the word minimalistic ,to an extreme. The left headphone cup , has two tiny lugs on it's cover, and this is the cup for the batteries. An istruction book is included, which shows you how to remove the cup' cover, you are supposed to turn it anti-clockwise, but I'm telling you now , it'll never turn. I tried for an hour to get the cover off, as per the instructions, and I nearly gave it up as a bad job. In the end I carefully flipped the cover off,using a thin bladed knife.Put batteries in and l'll tell you something later. The other cup , has the rotational on/off control for the active noise cancellation, but that's a job to find in itself. On the bottom of the cup is the headphone cable's socket, and at first I thought the area near the socket, had a piece of plastic broken off, but this is actually the rotational control. Either side of the socket, rotates to off or on , but the writing is absolutely minimal. With the lead containing the handsfree in line remote , attached to the cup with the batteries in , we're all set to go , but wait, where is the graphic equalizer's sliding control? - aha! this is what I was saving for later. When I was putting the batteries in, I happened to notice, that the equalizer's sliding control , is actually inside the headphone cup! It sits by the battery compartment ,and is on as the default, and will slide to off - how crazy is that! When the phones are on stanby the equalizer's LED light shows as a pinpoint, and when music is playing a line of lights dance on the back of the cup. You can't see it whilst you are listening to the headphones though. Once you do know where everything is though, it's all plain sailing afterwards. The headphones sound good, and the overall effect of the noise cancellation , is to accentuate the base. Outside sounds are not totally blocked out, but somewhat lessened.With the noise cancellation turned off, the phones sound just like any other pair of closed back headphones, of this type. The inline handsfree remote comes in to play , during telephone calls, and you can mute/higher/lower the sound. It doesn't do anything when just listening to music.The headphones are not terribly comfortable-the padding under theheadband is rubber, when this should be leather,and the ear cups give a hot sensation over a period of lengthy use, leaving the inside of your ears a bit moist. I don't know what they sound like with the equalizer off, because I don't want to go through the hassle of having to take the earcup's cover off again, as you can imagine. Anyway, I'd prefer the equalizer on, and as I said, it is the default setting. You don't have to spend a lot of money to get a good pair of headphones these days , particularly with all the bargains on Amazon, and many of my favourites are ones that I've only paid a few quid for- price doesn't always mean better. When I was waiting for these to arrive, I thought that a pair of headphones costing over two hundred pounds should really be something special. The fact that these aren't, is a reason why I've knocked a star off. The other star has gone, because of the way the controls are not exactly user friendly, particularly the cup compartment cover,and the sliding equalizer button, of course.So I'm leaving it up to you, to decide now, if you think these headphones will be what you want to buy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 14, 2012 8:41 PM BST

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-23