Profile for Louise Blay > Reviews

Louise Blay

Nail Rock Nail Rock Metallic Cheetah Split Nail Wraps
Nail Rock Nail Rock Metallic Cheetah Split Nail Wraps

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 Jan. 2013
The reason for my low score was due to a number of issues. I found the nail wraps quite difficult to apply. I followed the instructions but was quite disappointed with the end result. They did not wrap around my nails perfectly so there were creases and folds at the sides.
Also you're instructed to file the edges away which ends up giving them a frayed and tatty look. Also, I only had them on for a day when they got caught in my hair whilst showering, which resulted in them being pulled off my nail.
A lot of effort for minimal reward. I will not be purchasing again.

Love Bakery: Cupcakes from the Heart
Love Bakery: Cupcakes from the Heart
by Samantha Blears

5.0 out of 5 stars A Novice's Impression, 31 Jan. 2012
After reading the reviews for this book it seemed I had nothing to lose, and I was right. As a cupcake baking novice I was looking for an easy to follow guide on baking simple yet tasty cupcakes. When I received this book and flicked through I was hugely impressed. I baked my first batch of vanilla cupcakes on Sunday and they turned out beautifully. The recipe was so easy to follow and gave simple, step-by-step instructions.
In summary, this is a wonderful book with easy recipes and beautiful illustrations. I would highly recommend this to anyone thinking of baking cupcakes for the first time. I can't wait to bake my next recipe....yummy chocolate!! Enjoy!!