Profile for Maggie May > Reviews

Maggie May "Kit" (Italy)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Bright Lights & Champagne
Bright Lights & Champagne

1.0 out of 5 stars So badly written I couldn't put it down fast enough!, 20 Aug. 2011
So badly written I couldn't put it down fast enough! Dreadful English, too many spelling errors to put down to "typos" and appalling punctuation. Altogether very hard going and, although I hate to give up on any book and tried hard to get into the tale, I gave up!

Bertie And Elizabeth [DVD] [2002]
Bertie And Elizabeth [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ James Wilby
Offered by dvddirect2006

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming and so much better than expected!, 30 Nov. 2009
Despite the short time in which to tell such a long and complicated tale this film is a lovely way to learn a bit of history. Anyone with a tiny bit of common sense will understand that it could never be a complete picture - 98 minutes are just not enough - but we get the general idea in an amusing and moving way.

One thing this film does do is clearly highlight the differences in attitudes, both royal and "commoner", between then and now. I will definitely be rewatching this one and for me that just about says it all!

The Full Monty [1997] [DVD]
The Full Monty [1997] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Carlyle

5.0 out of 5 stars REALLY GOOD FUN, 29 Nov. 2009
This review is from: The Full Monty [1997] [DVD] (DVD)
A great British comedy that's just about got it all! Frivolity and gravitas; laughter and tears. This is one of my fave films!

Tea With Mussolini (1999) [DVD]
Tea With Mussolini (1999) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cher

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful film!, 29 Nov. 2009
Superlative performances from an outstanding cast, stunning settings, (San Gimignano in particular) and a charming storyline. What more can one say but superb, enchanting, marvellous, delightful!

Sex and the City: The Movie [2008] [DVD]
Sex and the City: The Movie [2008] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sarah Jessica Parker
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Film!, 29 Nov. 2009
I love this movie - every time I watch it!

Laughter and tears and a happy ending - basically an escapist fairytale and everything I want from a "chick flick".

Miss Congeniality [DVD] [2000]
Miss Congeniality [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Sandra Bullock

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good film!, 29 Nov. 2009
Sandra Bullock at her best, beautiful and funny. A charming, lightweight, easy to watch and entertaining comedy.

Legally Blonde [DVD] [2001]
Legally Blonde [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Reese Witherspoon|Luke Wilson|Selma Blair|Matthew Davis
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure pink frothy fun!, 29 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Legally Blonde [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
I really enjoyed this movie - frivolous, lightweight, entertaining.

It's definitely a "chick flick" that couldn't be pinker and one of the best examples of a girlie romantic comedy that's a sure-fire calorie-less tiramisu (pick-me-up)!

A Good Year [DVD] [2006]
A Good Year [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Russell Crowe
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars What a gorgeous film!, 29 Nov. 2009
This review is from: A Good Year [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I love this movie. I do not love Russell Crowe and his "Englishman" is by no means perfect but here he redeems himself a little in my eyes.

All in all a great cast, a storyline that is the stuff of dreams and some fantastic music, this film never fails to put a smile on my face.

One of the few DVDs that I have rewatched several times and on each viewing I seem to get something from it that I missed previously.

Love Actually [DVD] [2003]
Love Actually [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Rowan Atkinson
Offered by Vision Media Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab fun film, 28 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Love Actually [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
To quote just 3 other reviewers this film is "can't really fault it" "just gorgeous" "classic nonsense".

A heart warming, laugh-out-loud, tear jerker (it's got it all!), this movie never fails to cheer me up!

She's The One [DVD] [1997]
She's The One [DVD] [1997]
Dvd ~ Edward Burns
Offered by Bridge_Records

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little film, 28 Nov. 2009
This review is from: She's The One [DVD] [1997] (DVD)
A nice little film but as has already been said the storyline is not altogether believable and as such mildly irritating in places. This is not a movie that I will re-watch many more times.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3