Profile for J. Cross > Reviews

Content by J. Cross

J. Cross "Child hearted" (Essex, England)

Rebel (Knife)
Rebel (Knife)
by R J Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Ruddy good read, 7 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Rebel (Knife) (Paperback)
After reading the first book 'Knife' I ordered this one and have the nezt book 'Arrow' on pre-order.
For someone who doesn't read fiction I can't get enough of these books.
I recommend all three for anyone who's looking for something a bit different and beautifully writen.

Knife
Knife
by R J Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Best fictional book ever, 5 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Knife (Paperback)
I don't read any other books than cook books, but I see the cover for this one and I had to buy it. It's the second book I've ever read from cover to cover... and I'm 32!
I loved it so much I've ordered 'Rebel' and pre-ordered 'Arrow'. I don't really have much I can compare it to but I was hooked from page one. It is so beautifully writen.
Absolutly recommend to all (maybe not all, but many)

My Life on a Hillside Allotment
My Life on a Hillside Allotment
by Terry Walton

5.0 out of 5 stars My Life On A Hillside Allotment by Terry Walton, 22 Nov. 2009
I absolutely love listening to him when ever he's on tele or radio (Jeremy Vine on Radio 2) so when I see this I thought I'd get it and I'm glad I did.
I'm not finished yet but I am thoroughly enjoying it and I can hear him saying the words which has never happened when I've read books before so that says a lot about his writing.
Totally recommended by me no matter if you're interested in gardening or not.

Delia's Happy Christmas
Delia's Happy Christmas
by Delia Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Delia's Happy Christmas, 22 Nov. 2009
I already had a Delia Smith Christmas book and was in two minds on if to buy this one. They're usually the same when new versions come out just the cover changes but this one has enough new recipes in it to warrent buying it.
It's beautifully illustrated and a joy to read. Mind you, it is Delia so I wouldn't expect anything else. It simply isn't Christmas without her!
I Love Delia!

I, Houdini: The Autobiography of a Self-Educated Hamster
I, Houdini: The Autobiography of a Self-Educated Hamster
by Lynne Reid Banks

5.0 out of 5 stars I, Houdini: The Autobiography of a Self-Educated Hamster, 7 Jun. 2008
I have really fond memories of my big sister reading me this when I was about six years old. I am now 29 and I am about to purchase another copy as my niece has got my old book.
It's such fun for the reader no matter of their age, in fact when you're reading it you become a child again! How fantastic!!!!!!!!!