Profile for PPS076 > Reviews

Content by PPS076
Top Reviewer Ranking: 6

PPS076 (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Aloe Plus Natural Body Butter - 200ml - Provides rich and lasting hydration - Restores natural moisture of the skin leaving it soft and smooth .(Coconut)
Offered by Naturlife

5.0 out of 5 stars I really liked this, 30 Jun. 2015
(Video review to follow)

Sent to me for review this product is available in coconut, exotic fruits, lime and mint, vanilla, velvet and white musk versions. I received the coconut version and I was more than happy with my choice.

The coconut version is presented in a very appealing and attractive 200ml tub and contains a number of ingredients which include coconut, aloe vera, leaf juice and more. It does not contain any detectable parabens which is very welcoming given the nature of the product.

To access the product you need to remove the protective secondary lid and once opened reveals a luxurious white body butter that has a heavenly scent. It's effectively a thick condensed white cream that's easy to handle and seems to last forever. It absorbs very well into the skin and is a pleasure to use.

After using this for a few days I found it to be very effective at moisturising and has a very soothing and cooling effect. There is no doubt that it enhances the natural appearance of the skin and its best to apply it after you have exfoliated following a shower and before going to bed.

[New Release]Selfie Stick, Coolreall(TM) Twist-N-Lock Portable Extendable Pro One-Piece Build-in Bluetooth Remote Monopod Selfie Stick with Adjustable Phone Holder for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5 5s 5c, Samsung Galaxy S6, Android **LIFETIME WARRANTY** - Black
Offered by Coolreall Official

4.0 out of 5 stars I will be adding some social media photos in due course, 29 Jun. 2015
Sent to me for review this is a good quality selfie stick that's lightweight and it looks like it's made of matte plastic (item description says aluminium) and foam (handle).

The design is different to the other selfies that I have seen as its a twist and extend design and the device attachment on top is a fold away compact design.

It gets charged via USB to 80mAh using the charging cable it comes with and you also get a soft sleeve along with a wrist strap and short instruction manual.

I found that it worked quite well in use and it held my iPhone 6 in place very well. It extends from 9.8 inches to 34 inches and when attached allows you to twist your device left, right, forward and back. The Bluetooth button is located just at the end of the handle and worked well.

I will be adding some social media photos to this review in due course so that you can see the difference between taking selfies with and without the selfie.

ACEVOG Classy Vintage Hepburn Style 1950's Rockabilly Swing Evening Floral Dress
Offered by ACEVOG FASHION

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice dress, 29 Jun. 2015
Body statistics:
- 5ft 7inches
-10st 0lb
- Size 12

Size tested: Large

Sent to me for review this is a good quality dress made of thick material making it medium weight.

The design is very appealing, modern, in line with current fashion trends, vintage, classic (1960s ish) and rockabilly.

Thankfully the fit was perfect and the length reached below the knee. I acknowledge that it can be risky buying clothes online and if you have any doubts about buying this or any other clothing I would recommend E-Mailing the seller and ask them what their return policy is. Some might be happy to send you a different size which others might not be so receptive to the idea.

I found that this was more suitable for a formal setting but it can also be used in more of an informal setting like a barbecue gathering etc. From a footwear perspective I would recommend wearing smart footwear like stilettos in a red, black or white colour. Jewellery-wise, bold, retro jewellery would suit best of a red, black, white or clear colour.

Venus Secrets Natural Body Butter Gift box with Olive & Aloe Vera - 280ml - Provides rich and lasting hydration - Restores natural moisture of the skin leaving it soft and smooth .
Offered by Naturlife

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good body butter, 29 Jun. 2015
(Video review)

Sent to me for review body butters have been around for a number of years but this body butter is different as its organic and contains a number of healthy ingredients and thankfully does not contain parabens, silicone, propylene glycol or mineral oil. It's made in Greece and has organic olive and aloe vera as the 2 main ingredients.

It's well presented in a modern and eye catching tub and the volume of body butter inside is 280ml / 9.4 oz. It also has a secondary lid inside in order to maintain its freshness. The appearance of the body butter is very appealing and it looks a bit like mint flavoured ice cream. It's green in colour and has a very pleasant fresh scent - flowery to so degree.

In use I found this to absorb very well into the skin and I found that a little goes a long way. I applied it to my body after I showered and exfoliated and did it twice a day, morning and night. It definitely made a difference to the appearance and quality of my skin as it looks softer and more vibrant. I'm confident that over the long term adding less chemicals into the body will be beneficial to my body.

Although body butters and moistures both moisturise the skin body butters are a lot more condensed and therefore lasts a lot longer. Most moisturisers are very watery and very few are organic.

Hollywood Wooden Clapper Board
Hollywood Wooden Clapper Board
Offered by The Factory Shop

1.0 out of 5 stars I was warned but I didn't listen, 27 Jun. 2015
I bought this on Amazon to have as an affordable "Clapper Board" to initiate the start of my amateur video recording. It was bought on the strength of the glowing 5 star reviews. I wasn't expecting high end professional quality but I did have certain expectations.

Unfortunately I did not pay enough attention to the 1 star reviews and looking back I can't say that I wasn't warned. I would second what the others have mentioned:

Good points:
+ It arrived
+ It's better than nothing
+ It looks quite decent from a distance
+ It was cheap to buy

Bad points:
- It looks terribly cheap close up
- Chalk does not write on it that well
- It's extremely thin
- It's far too small (Hand sized in length and width)
- The noise that it makes when snapped closed is very ineffective for filmmaking

The only potential use that I can see with this is by having it as a prop several meters away from the viewing public. If you wanted it just for that then it would be ideal.

10 Inch Protective Soft Sleeve Pouch Case for Android Tablet PC Laptop - Black
10 Inch Protective Soft Sleeve Pouch Case for Android Tablet PC Laptop - Black
Offered by UIMagicUK

1.0 out of 5 stars I was warned but I didn't listen, 27 Jun. 2015
Size tested: 10 inch

I bought this on Amazon in order to offer a respectable amount of protection for my iPad 3 and I bought it purely on the strength of the glowing 5 star reviews.

Good points:
+ It arrived
+ It's better than nothing
+ It looks quite decent
+ It was cheap to buy

Bad points:
- It took a very long time to arrive and I had not been pre warned of this
- It smells of a very strong plastic-y, neoprene odour
- It's too big for my 10.1 inch iPad
- It does not offer enough protection
- It's flimsy

Had this been 2-3mm thicker, fitted well, came quicker and did not have such a strong odour I would have given it a 4* but I believe that a 1* rating would be appropriate.

If you are after an even cheaper case / cover / sleeve that will cost next to nothing just until you find a decent one you could use a Jiffy bag. They offer good protection, fit your device well and you can insert and remove your device very easily. They cost about £0.25 each.

VonShef 3-in-1 Electric Stand Mixer with Blender & Meat Grinder - 1200W - Includes FREE Hamlyn Recipe Book
Offered by Domu UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done fast, 27 Jun. 2015
Sent to me for review this specialised 3 in 1 mixer has been designed to support both cooking and baking and ensures that you get the job done a lot more efficiently with less manual input and mess.

Inside the box other than the main high quality and impressive looking VonShef unit you get the stainless steel bowl, flat beater, kneading dough hook, steel whisk, meat grinder attachment and blender attachment and you also get an useful recipe book along with the instruction manual and a 12 month warranty.

The product has dimensions of 39cm x 35cm x 19cm and the stainless steel bowl is 5.5 litres in capacity. It's classed as a large sized bowl and you can add anything up to 2Kg in weight and 2 litres in volume with this. The blender attaches to the top and has a volume of 1.5 litres whilst the meat grinder attaches just above the mixer area. The motor inside the unit has a power of 1200 watts and that makes it powerful enough for each specific task.

Main mixer attachments and examples
- Kneading Dough Hook = Mixes dough and heavier cake mixes
- Flat Beater = Thin to thick batters
- Whisk = Eggs, creaming ingredients

The instruction manual is well written and covers all the essentials very well along with tips given on recommended ratios, weights, times etc for certain tasks. The content of this goes very well with the ingredient book and this will be particularly useful for less experienced cooks.
Once I selected which task I was going to conduct first I assembled everything that was required and again all the components are well labelled in the manual so assembling and taking them apart is made easy.

If you have never owned one of these before I would start off with the easier one; the blender and I would strongly recommend adding 2 scoops of strawberry protein powder (Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard), coconut milk (Koko) and frozen fruit (Tesco brand). Blended together it makes a final product that's as nice as most ice-creams. What I would not advise is that you try turning a protein bar and milk into a chocolate milkshake as my nephew blew the engine of my £50 handheld blender when he tried it a few months ago. You can also use it to make soups, cocktails, baby food and fruit juice. You can adjust the speed of the blender from 1-6 but I always find its best to use the maximum speed when you use frozen fruit and make sure you buy the small pieces instead of the large ones.

For processing meat we found it to work very well with beef and pork and its best to cut them up to small sizes first before you process them and remove any bones. We bought the boneless meat which made it less risky. There is a meat button on the unit and the maximum time you should use it continuously is 15 mins. You get 3 meat discs with it which allow you to make a fine, medium or coarse textured meat.

Most people will be buying this though for the main mixer which is the most prominent feature and we found that this was easy to use and worked very well. No doubt it will save you a lot of time and it saves you the manual labour. The 6 speed settings are universal and also apply to this and we found that it gave us more control over the unit with each speed setting being required for each task at various stages. It was very welcoming also to have the bowl cover which meant that there was no mess created.

I won't repeat in detail how to conduct each task using the main mixer as its well documented in the manual but I will say that I made a pizza, bread, omelette, cake and cookies thanks to this and whilst the bowl was more than big enough the controls worked well and it managed to mix thick foods very well indeed. You also get a locking switch and locking button along with the speed knob these are all well positioned favouring right handed individuals.

Cleaning the bowl was easy enough and thankfully it's dishwater safe. The blender was quite easy to clean with only a small amount of accessories attached and the same goes for the meat grinder. Even if you have to clean up the waste of all the accessories of the product put together it's not as bad as cleaning our extra large juicer. We did not have any problems with it and it's nice to have a 12 month warranty in the event of any problems.

Ecosusi Womens Nylon Beach Oversize Tote Bag (Black)
Ecosusi Womens Nylon Beach Oversize Tote Bag (Black)
Offered by ECOSUSI INC

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice tote bag, 27 Jun. 2015
(Video review to follow)

As the name suggests this bag would be ideal for the beach but it can also be used for a number of different purposes such as a handbag, luxury shopping bag, overnight bag, swimwear bag and I've even seen some carrying these as a luxury gym bag. You can also get this in a bigger size. This size is more suitable for 1 person whilst the larger size caters for 2 people.

Either way it's an extremely useful multi-use bag to have and the product that I had to review was a black colour with light brown coloured permanent handles and a removable black shoulder strap. You can also get it in orange, blue or beige.

It's made of really good quality nylon material and the advantage of this of course is that it makes it water proof on the outside, easy to clean, lightweight, flexible, durable and let's not forget inexpensive. The dimensions of this tote bag / beach bag makes it a really good weight and an ideal size to carry and use.

The design is very modern and luxurious and the light brown colour of the straps, company logo and other areas look good and go well with the black. The handles are quite long and flexible and you get 2 attachment clips on each side of the zip opening along with a strong and smooth zip with an attachment handle. The removable black shoulder strap is adjustable.

The inside has the approx dimensions slightly bigger than a 13.3 inch laptop (length and width) and this gives you a lot of room to carry a towel and swimming gear for example for 1 person. It stretches to accommodate the shape of the items you put in these and that's always welcoming. There are a mixture of small to medium sized pockets inside and one of those is a small purse sized zip pocket. If you are not using it to carry your purse you could use it to hold critical items such as your keys, smartphone, pen and more.

One of the best ways to show any product of course is via video review so I have also done a video with voice over recorded in normal room light conditions with no artificial studio lights or video editing.

Vita Coco Cafe Latte 330ml (Pack of 8)
Vita Coco Cafe Latte 330ml (Pack of 8)
Offered by 118store-com

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and unique taste, 26 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Coco Café Latte 330 ml (Pack of 12) (Grocery)
I wasn't really sure what to expect from this product because cafe latte, coconut water, milk and sugar sounded too complex of a cocktail.

To be honest I thought that it tasted very nice indeed although my partner insisted on heating it gently to about 50-60 Deg C. The caffeine and milk gave it a distinct strong and smooth taste whilst the coconut water was barely noticeable and may have been masked by the slight sweet sugary taste.

You have to store it in the fridge at +2 to 8 Deg C after opening and discard after 24 hours if not fully used. I found that to be a bit harsh but I guess you just have to be organised and be prepared to gulp it down fairly quickly once opened.

It was welcoming to try something different, would we buy it again?. We'll see once we have finished the 12th container!.

Verdict: Nice And Unique Taste.

Meridian Nature's Energy Smooth Almond Butter 170g
Meridian Nature's Energy Smooth Almond Butter 170g
Offered by Bentley's Bargain Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty Almond Butter, 26 Jun. 2015
I bought these because I enjoy almonds and wanted to try someone a bit different. I knew that almonds were very healthy and I was curios to know what almond butter tasted like.

It's slightly darker than peanut butter in colour with very little evidence of nutty bits and relatively thick to manage. If you grab a tea spoon of it you will find that it sticks together very well (very paste-y). Taste-wise it's certainly tasty (quite a strong taste) and it was a strange sensation to taste almonds in a buttery paste form.

I eat it mainly directly from the jar and admittedly there was a layer of liquid fat (oil) present on the surface each time which I didn't mind. It wasn't that easy and appropriate to spread on toast and neatly on cakes but it did go well with my porridge and smoothies.

Would I buy it again?. I certainly would at the desired price point as it offers something a bit different and it's a welcoming change from normal peanut butter.

Verdict: Tasty Almond Butter.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20