Profile for PPS076 > Reviews

Content by PPS076
Top Reviewer Ranking: 8

PPS076 (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
USpicy Cosmetics Makeup Brushes, 6-Piece Professional Makeup Brush Set with Gift Box, Makeup Kits (Golden)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxurious professional makeup brush set, 27 May 2015
When it comes to selecting the most appropriate cosmetic make up brushes it can be a very daunting task as there are so many different types available that range in quality, design, presentation and let's not forget price.

Sent for review this product in particular comes very well presented as it comes in a gift set format and if you are not buying this for yourself it's worth noting at this point that it would make a very suitable and safe gift and your message can be written on the card that has been included (Not all professional brushes are presented in gift sets).

There are 6 brushes in total and these are made of very high quality material that's fit for purpose. They have a very high end, classy luxurious look and the materials in question here are synthetic fiber hair (white-y-grey end brushes), aluminium ferrule (gold coloured grip area) and wood (black handle).

The design is very modern, smart and fresh and whilst the synthetic brushes are sufficiently soft yet dense and durable both the wooden and ferrule handles allow you to grip the brushes very well. Despite the high quality the brushes are lightweight and this should make it easier for all users to control them better whilst brushing.

The 6 pieces that you get have different shaped and sized brushes and this allows for more choice and flexibility. The brushes are classed as Flat head foundation brush (2 in total - 1 is longer than the other, Bronzer brush, Tapered brush, Angled flat brush and Paddled shaped brush.

In this last section I was planning on providing some tips on how to get the most out of each brush i.e which brush would be suitable for which specific task but I don't need to because as an added bonus you also get an user / instruction manual / guide. This will be especially useful for less experienced users and although the more experienced users will already know a lot of this they will acknowledge that you don't get this with all make up brush set gift boxes.

Verdict: Luxurious professional makeup brush set.

[Upgrade Version] 1byone® Safety Driveway Alarm, Easy Installation with Upgrade Auto-learning Code, Blue LED Indicator, Weatherproof Patrol Infrared And Wireless Home Security Alert Alarm System Kit, Type QH-0511
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably good driveway alarm much better to be had though, 27 May 2015
What does it do and how does it work?:
This product is a small portable alarm that can be used for a number of different uses by a number of different users. It is a simple device that works by the transmitter sending a message to the receiver in response to an object (Human, Animal etc) breaking the Infra Red (IR) beam, which in turn sets off the alarm.

Contents:
- 1 Receiver
- 3 Screws
- 2 Transmitters
- 1 Instruction manual
- 3 Wall plugs

Quality:
Sent for review the product is made of high quality plastic material that is fit for purpose. It's well built and very strong. The receiver and transmitter are about the same size as your hand.

Instructions:
The instructions are very clear and concise which enabled me to follow the visual and written instructions without any issues and set up the product in a few minutes with minimal effort. It does not come with batteries and if you want to attach the receiver and transmitter to a wall or door then you need a screwdriver to screw in the screws and plugs that come with it. It needs X3 AA Batteries (1.5V) and X3 C (1.5V) batteries.

Operating guide:
Receiver - Has 1 button which is for controlling the sound (On, Off or Low ringing)
Transmitter - Has no buttons, only a small fixed light bulb which turns red when the IR beam is broken.

Testing:
The product is very effective and activates when an animal as small as a cat walks past or an object as big as a car. The loudest alarm volume is sufficiently loud to alert you without perforating your ear drums. If you don't want loud noise then you can set it on low which will be sufficiently loud enough if you are near the receiver. It detected movement / Infra Red from as far away as 8 meters at an angle range of 100 o from the face of the transmitter.

Potential uses:
Although this product is advertised as being used as a driveway alarm, I believe that the product can attract a much wider audience. It can be used indoors as a night house alarm or as an alarm that you can put near your back door when you are in the garden or for businesses whereby the sensor can be facing the shop or business door when you are out the back taking care of other duties. When my cats go outside and I try and get them back in before I go it bed, I frequently have to open the back door to check if they have come back. With this device I put the transmitter outside the back door which alerts me when they have returned.

Verdict: Reasonanly good driveway alarm much better to be had though.

[Upgrade Version] 1byone® Safety Driveway Alarm, Easy Installation with Upgrade Auto-learning Code, Blue LED Indicator, Weatherproof Patrol Infrared And Wireless Home Security Alert Alarm System Kit, Type QH-0514, 1 Year Warranty
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc.

What does it do and how does it work?:

Quality:

Operating guide:

Testing:

Potential uses:

Verdict: Reasonanly good driveway alarm much better to be had though.

3 X Indorex Flea Spray
3 X Indorex Flea Spray
Offered by Black Cat Medicines

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 27 May 2015
This review is from: 3 X Indorex Flea Spray
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because I had tried several different flea control methods which were ineffective (Frontline, Spot On, Advocate, Flea powders and flea collars).

Product description:
The product contains 3 different chemicals which are effective at killing all life stages of fleas which are Adults, Fleas, Larvae and Eggs.

Where do the fleas hide?:
The fleas are found all over your home, especially near your pet and in the depth of the carpet fibres. I found that hovering the carpet before spraying is more effective. I spray cracks, crevices and anything that is relatively soft (carpets, rugs, pet bedding, curtains and sofas etc). There is no requirement to spray wood or leather. To date I have found that the spray does not damage any materials.

Instructions:
Although my vet said that 2 bottles would be sufficient to cover our 2 bedroom house, in my experience I found that you will need more than that, probably 3. The spray is quite powerful when you first spray it however it losses it's power after 1-2 seconds. Shaking it vigorously every few seconds solves the problem. Although it is meant to be more effective when you hold it 50cm away from you (approx as long as your arm), I found that the spray is not powerful enough and you need to hold it about the length of a ruler (25cm) away from you.

Results:
After covering the whole house with spray which took about 3 hours and leaving it to dry for several hours, no traces of fleas could be seen the following day when we inspected the house which showed that the product worked very well. With 7 cats, 2 Ferrets and 4 dogs that we look after from time to time, I was very surprised that it was that effective. I do not believe that there is a requirement to use anything extra on your pet. Although the manufacturer states that it is only effective for 12 months, I have found that it's effective for about 18 months.

Safety:
The first time I used the spray, I did not use any safety protection and ended up partially paralysing my hand temporarily due to the coldness of the spray and the fumes of the spray blowing back on my hand and having slight breathing problems (I'm asthmatic). Wearing a face-mask and washing up rubber gloves solves the problem.

Verdict: It's very effective at killing all fleas but make sure that you wear rubber gloves and a face mask.

2 X Indorex Flea Spray

Product description:

Where do the fleas hide?:

Results:

Safety:

Verdict: Highly Recommended - It's very effective at killing all fleas but make sure that you wear rubber gloves and a face mask.

Sauflon Saline Preservative Free 120ml
Sauflon Saline Preservative Free 120ml
Offered by GoOpticians

5.0 out of 5 stars I would not consider switching to any other product, 27 May 2015
I use this on a daily basis to support my contact lenses.

My optician highly recommended it from the onset and I can see why as it's an excellent solution. It's got a screw on lid and to get the drops to come out you need to tip it upside-down and squeeze gently.

Although disposable contact lenses come with their own saline inside to maintain the freshness of the lenses and prevent dehydration some users require repeated attempts to insert the lenses they do dry out and this is where this comes in handy.

In use contact lenses wearers should blink regularly to prevent the lenses from drying out and causing irritation and this also comes in handy for that and it's worth keeping it nearby.

Last night I had an eye irritation caused by accidentally rubbing my eye. Washing my eyes with tap water seemed to make it worst yet adding a fair bit of this rectified the problem immediately.

Sauflon Saline Solution 360ml

Kent KCV010 Magnum Sponge
Kent KCV010 Magnum Sponge
Offered by Logic-Sale

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very good car cleaning sponge, 26 May 2015
This is the sponge that we are using at the moment. It's a good quality sponge with a terrific design as it's an ideal size and allows you to grip it really well.

It's very effective at cleaning cars and it makes what is usually a daunting task a lot more pleasant.

Tip 1: Once you have used the sponge fully dry it in a towel and place it in a bag indoors. Leaving it outside is a bad idea as it deteriorates very quickly and gets surprisingly dirty.

Tip 2: If you are planning on using the pressure washer on your car at full power then think again. My classic car was in a terrific condition when purchased a few years ago and after I used my pressure washer on it it instantly showed up the not so good condition of the car. It's OK to use it but only at low pressure settings.

Owls Beaded Bookmark
Owls Beaded Bookmark
by Peter Pauper Press
Edition: Misc. Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my favourite bookmark, 26 May 2015
I've never really been one for using bookmarks as I always folded the edge of the target page over to use as a marker.

I was given this as a gift and I must say that it's really good quality and the design is eye catching and appealing in a number of ways.

I read a lot in work (during my lunch break of course *wink, wink*) and my work colleagues have commented on it a number of times. Saving the best for last no doubt the tassel is its most prominent feature and it gives it something different.

Verdict: This is my favourite bookmark.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20