Profile for PPS076 > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 1974

PPS076 (UK)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
John West White Crab Meat in Brine (170g)
John West White Crab Meat in Brine (170g)

5.0 out of 5 stars Low Carb, Reasonably Tasty And Expensive, 23 Nov 2014
I decided to buy this product because I was on a strict low carb diet at the time and wanted a wide range of foods to provide as much diversity as possible.

This product is high in protein, contains a very low amount of carbs and fat and not surprisingly tastes quite plain, however it does not taste as bad as Tuna.

Although there are a significant amount of recipes in books and online, I decided to eat it plain and raw with my salad and although it's not quite as tasty as prawns, I did enjoy it as it provided me with a variation in both taste and nutrient balance.

I used it very successfully as part of my low carb diet and the weight subsequently dropped off me very quickly indeed. I have since discontinued eating this product as I only dedicate a certain budget to weekly shopping. It costs about the same as prawns and is more expensive than Tuna and Salmon.

If however you are either on a low carb diet, are looking to broaden your diet or just want to try it as a one off then I would recommend this product.

Verdict: Low Carb, Reasonably Tasty And Expensive

John West White Crab Meat in Brine 3x170g
John West White Crab Meat in Brine 3x170g

5.0 out of 5 stars Low Carb, Reasonably Tasty And Expensive, 23 Nov 2014

Verdict: Low Carb, Reasonably Tasty And Expensive

John West Select Black Lumpfish Caviar 50G
John West Select Black Lumpfish Caviar 50G

4.0 out of 5 stars A Decent Entry Level Caviar, 23 Nov 2014
Although I am no 'Caviar Expert', I have tried a lot of different types of caviar and can honestly say that this tastes a lot better than I expected given the low price tag,

If you haven't tried it before tiny black fish eggs that are cramped together in fluid and is reasonably hard when you chew on it. Some people like my girlfriend and other members refuse to eat whilst my brother vomited after eating eat.

It's got a very unique taste and it's a like marmite in terms of likability.

You can eat it with a lot of different foods however I prefer to eat it in its own.

I'm very surprised that John West make caviar because it allows people to buy it who have not dedicated a healthy budget to this type of product (like me!).

Verdict: A decent entry level caviar for people wishing to try it as a one off so that you can say that you tried it

Rolson Tools 60702 24 LED Magnetic Lamp with Hook
Rolson Tools 60702 24 LED Magnetic Lamp with Hook

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Small LED 'Lamp', 23 Nov 2014
I bought this for general use around the house.

When I received it I was left disappointed despite its decent quality because the body of the unit was loose and could not be fully closed using the screws. Thankfully I had some strong tape that I wrapped around it which solved the problem.

The product has no fancy features and works by pressing the button down.

The flashlight has 23 LEDs which provides a decent amount of light given it's size and covers a wide area close to you rather than a long distance thin beam.

It's handy to use when walking to your car at night and keep in your handbag, pocket or car side compartment.

It has a small magnetic section on the back and a hook that you raise from its rear to hang up.

I have used this product quite a bit for when I go to the light-less shed at night and when I go into the room under the stairs. We also used it when we went camping a few weeks ago and it lit up the tent nicely.

I haven't had any problems with it since the first days setback.

I would definitely buy this product again and would recommend it to others. It's basically a handle-less torch with an additional hook and magnet.

Verdict: 8/10

Aukey Bluetooth Speaker Portable Wireless Mobile Mini Stereo Speaker, Enhanced Bass Boost, Built in Mic Speaker System, 3.5mm AUX Port, Rechargeable Battery, Works for Apple iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, iPad Air, iPad 4, 3, 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 4, Note 3, Note 2, Galaxy Tab, Nexus 10, 7, 5, 4, LG G3, Optimus, HTC One, M8, Motorola Moto G, Moto X, Smartphones, Tablet, PC, Computer, Laptop, MP3 Player, TV, Car and Any Bluetooth Enabled Devices (BT001, Silver)
Offered by duola beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Quality And Design With A Performance To Match, 22 Nov 2014
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by the Manufacturer / Supplier for an honest and unbiased review.

Compatible with (Examples):

- Aukey BT001 Bluetooth Speaker
- USB Charging Cable
- 3.5mm Audio Cable

Instructions:
The instructions are clear, concise, well structured and cover all the essential elements of the product which should enable most users to set up and operate the product with minimal effort. It's presented in written, diagram and table formats and there is a very useful FAQ and Trouble Shooting section contained in the event that you should encounter any difficulties.

Quality:
The product is made of high quality material that's fit for purpose. The majority of the unit is made of a gloss (shiny) silver metal whilst the underside is constructed of a black plastic. The product has a relatively similar size to an apple and is relatively heavy, mainly due to the high metal content. There is also a fabric sleeve included to protect the product from potential damage.

Design:
The product has a very appealing design thanks to its dome shape appearance and shiny silver surface and will stand out compared to other speakers in the same price range. All the operational buttons and ports are located near the bottom of the unit and the operations are shown as follows:

- MIC
- Micro USB Input
- LED Indicator
- Power Switch

Setup (Pairing With Samsung Galaxy S4):
The product was tested on a Galaxy S4 and was firstly initiated by switching on the unit (blue LED comes on permanently) followed by entering the automatic pairing mode (LED flashes blue intermittently) several seconds latter. After switching on the Bluetooth setting on the phone it recognised it as 'BT001' and fully paired with it with no issues.

Performance:
After testing the product over a period of 2 days I was impressed with its sound quality and found that it was with the best that I had come across. The sound has excellent clearness and clarity along with plenty of healthy deep bass with excellent sound differential at a spectrum of ranges. There was no interference, crackling or hissing even when I cranked up the music approaching the highest volume setting. The wireless bluetooth signal remained strong and reliable as long as I kept within a 10m radius.

I used the product equally successfully with my iPhone 6, iPhone 5 and iPad Air. The product also has a number of other beneficial features such as 'Call Answering' and 'Auto Power Off' and it can also be linked to non bluetooth devices directly via the 3.5mm Audio Cable (supplied).

Charging:
The product gets fully charged from empty in 1.5 hours (verified) using the Micro USB charging cable (supplied) and can hold up to a maximum of 500mAh (Lithium type) in battery capacity and should produce 3 hours of Playtime. A red LED light indicates that charging is in progress and will go off when the unit has been fully charged.

Warranty:
The product also comes with a 18 month warranty which is an added bonus and shows that the manufacturers have confidence in the short to medium term performance of the product.

Verdict: Impressive Quality And Design With A Performance To Match

Lynx Cool Metal Shower Gel - 400 ml
Lynx Cool Metal Shower Gel - 400 ml
Offered by Coop Pharmacy 4U

5.0 out of 5 stars Average Brand And Odour, Terrific Performance, 22 Nov 2014
I bought this for my brother as part of a group of cosmetics presents for Xmas but forgot about it and found it in the back of my bathroom cabinet 2 weeks ago. I always had a belief that Lynx was a 'Budget Brand' therefore my expectations were not that high.

To my surprise I was alarmed to learn that it was as good as any shower gels that I have used, if not the best. It's grey, rich, luxurious, fairly thick and has an 'Average' smell. However it's extremely impressive when you put it on a bath sponge as it mixes well will water and stays glued to the bath foam for a very long time.

When I'm in the shower I like to scrub every square inch of my body and I find that I have to constantly re-apply the gel to the sponge with most products however this is very much different and it generated a decent layer of foam that seemed to stay within the sponge forever without having to reapply every few minutes. It's also very impressive when you use your hands to smear it all over your body instead of the foam and although it's not the cheapest it's definitely terrific value given the price vs performance.

Verdict: Average Brand and Odour, Terrific Performance

Aukey® LED Schreibtischlampe Tischleuchte Tageslicht 15W Schreibtischleuchte zusammenfaltbar Lampenkopf 180°drehbar 4 Modi dimmbar Helligkeit mit eingebautem USB-Anschluss zum Aufladen von iPhone Smartphones iPad Samsung Schwarz
Offered by duola beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressive LED Lamp With A Number Of Useful Features, 22 Nov 2014

Introduction:
This product is a specialised LED Desk / Table lamp that has a number of different features and can be used by a number of different individuals for a number of different purposes.

Instruction Manual:
The instruction manual is well written and is presented in a neat booklet. It is presented in written, table and image formats and captures all the key information without going into too much depth. The company also offers an unique 24 hour online support tool to facilitate all the different time zones which is impressive and very rarely seen with any product.

Quality:
The product is made of very good quality material that's fit for purpose. The main lamp unit is made of a gloss (shiny) black plastic whilst the base is made of a gloss (shiny) black metal. The unit is about the same size as a fully extended lower and upper arm combined and although the plastic lamp is lightweight, the metal base is heavy.

Design:
The design is very impressive and has a very modern, classy elegant look to it. It stands out by a mile in comparison to other lamps and this belief was strengthened further when everyone that came near my desk in work commented positively on it. The LED lamp area is very large and is a similar length and width to a full size ruler whilst the physical / mechanical design is impressive thanks to its 360 degrees adjustable base and arm. There is an operational control panel located on the arm near the base and an USB port near the base on the side of the lamp.

Set Up:
Although the majority of the product comes as an assembled unit, there is a small amount of assembly required however it does not take long and involves attaching the main Lamp unit to the base and tightening the fitting at the bottom of the base in order to secure the whole unit together.

- Control Panel = Select The Desired Lighting Mode And Lightly Press To Set Up
- Brightness Control = 5 Levels Of Brightness, Press the Down Arrow Or Up Arrow To Adjust Brightness

Performance:
After connecting the Lamp to the mains there was no activity on the control panel, however pressing the touch screen ON/OFF automatically took it to 'Reading Mode', a medium setting. I then pressed the 'Study, Relax, Sleep' modes and noticed that there was a noticeable difference with each setting, most noticeably the colour and intensity.

I then tested each light setting in turn and found that each mode produced an impressive range of light qualities that was sufficiently bright for each matched task without blinding me and causing a headache. I could even look at the most powerful setting (Study Mode) directly without being blinded and found that each light provided a sufficient amount for each task without causing 'Excess Light Pollution'.The colour and intensity of each mode could also be adjusted which was an useful feature and I found that having the sleep mode on at its lowest setting did not result in my wife shouting "Turn the lights off" at 1pm whilst I was reading.

I was also able to finely adjust the height and angle of the lamp to the desired position whilst the 60 min sleep function was successfully activated (Indicated by the On/Off Button Flashing) and automatically switched the lights off after the 60 min mark. The USB also managed to charge my iPad3 with no issues. The product also has several other features which would be beneficial to the user such as 80% less energy consumption, non flickering light and 'eye caring' for long term eye health.

Warranty:
The product also comes with a 18 month warranty which is an added bonus and shows that the manufacturer has confidence in the short to medium term performance of the product.

Verdict: Very Impressive LED Lamp With A Number Of Useful Features

Aukey® Lampe de table LED, lampe de bureau LED, lampe de lecture 4 modes & 5 niveaux avec recharge port d'USB Noir

Verdict: Very Impressive LED Lamp With A Number Of Useful Features

Aukey Dimmable LED Desk Lamp, Multi-function Eye-care Table Lamp, 4 Lighting Modes (Reading/Studying/Relaxing/Bedtime), 5-Level Dimmer, Flexible Arm, Touch-Sensitive Control Panel, 1-Hour Auto Timer, 5V/2A USB Charging Port, Mobile Device Charger (15 W, LT-T1, Piano Black)

Rockport Men's City Smart Plain Toe Formal
Rockport Men's City Smart Plain Toe Formal

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, Modern And Very Comfortable, 22 Nov 2014
My wife actually bought these for me several weeks ago to wear in our wedding although I told her that I was either going to wear my work shoes or hire a pair for the day.

I'm usually very fussy about shoe design and I have been know to spend several hours looking at them in the high street and online and to still come away saying that I did not find any that met my expectations.

I wasn't very happy that my wife had bought these but I was pleasently surprised when I assessed their quality and design as they looked very good quality and had an appealing, sleek and sophisticated design.

I'm a size 10 and found the size 10 to fit very well indeed with an adequate amount of free space in the front and sides which made them very comfortable indeed. They have decent laces and were lighter than the ones that I usually used.

I wore them on our wedding day from 6am to 3am the following day and found that they were comfortable throughout the whole day which was impressive given that I had been standing up for the bulk of the day and that a lot of the male guests had taken off their shoes by about 11pm as they were in agony. Although admittedly several of these men had hired £10 shoes for the day which they deeply regretted.

It's now been about 3 weeks since our wedding day and I have also been wearing them to work everyday and although I sit down for most of the day, I have found them to be comfortable.

I have not had any problems with the shoes and I'm glad that my wife bought them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20