Profile for PPS076 > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 52

PPS076 (UK)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
1Byone New Conception Rectangle Lightweight Digital TV Aerial, Indoor/Outdoor Digital TV Antenna for USB TV Tuner/DVB-T Television, Reception HDTV TV Aerial For VHF/UHF/FM, Free View And Analog TV Signals

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded Expectations, 30 Sep 2014
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by the manufacturer / supplier for an honest and unbiased review.

What is it and what does it do?:
This product is a indoor and outdoor TV antenna / aerial for both analog and digital terrestrial TV broadcasting reception. It has the capability to receive signals; namely VHF, UHF and FM radio.

Compatible With:
- HDTV of various digital terrestrial signal(DVB-T; ISDB-T; DMB-T/H; ATSC)

Main Features:
- Dipole inbuilt for excellent UHF and VHF band signal reception
- Lightweight, compact size and easy to install
- Anti-UV coating and waterproof design
- Analoge and digital TV signal reception

- Antenna main unit
- Mounting accessories
- Water-proof kit

Quality and Design:
The product is made of reasonably good lightweight quality plastic and is about the same size as a kitchen chopping / cutting board. It is encased in a sealed unit in order for it to have its waterproof protection properties.

Instructions:
The instructions are reasonably well written and are presented on a single 2 sided A4 sheet of paper. They are presented in both text and diagram format with all the essential components appropriately labelled.

The instructions provide an addition section on tips for getting the best possible signal reception with the product which was an added bonus and not something that you find with all products.

Set Up:
I found the set up to be fairly straight forward. The antenna can either be used indoors or outdoors in a horizontal or vertical position. I would personally recommend locating the most appropriate signal strength area first before you start attaching components permanently. Although the most ideal location is likely to be outdoors, it is possible that you will get the desired signal indoors.

You then have the option to either connect the aerial directly into your TV using the coaxial cable (not supplied) or indirectly to your TV via your 'TV Channel Box' using the coaxial cable.

Performance:
After testing the Antenna indoors and outdoors I found that I had several more channels outdoors and it had exceed my expectations. The picture and sound quality was to a very high standard and was very clear with no pixilation or interference. The picture and sound quality that I received indoors was also to a high standard albeit with several less channels to choose from.

Summary:
The product was easy to use and it performed to a high standard with no reportable issues.

Verdict: Exceeded Expectations

1Byone Ultra Slim Desktop USB Wall Rapid Charging U-Station, Made for Apple Devices, Off-the-charts Power with Smart Port Quick-Qharge Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent Multi Charger at reasonable price, 29 Sep 2014

What is it and what does it do?:
This product is a 4 port USB charger that is powered by the mains electricity and has the ability to charge between 1 and 4 small to medium sized USB compatible devices at the same time.

Specifications:

- iPhones
- MP3/MP4
- Digital Camera

Quality and Design:
The product is made good quality lightweight plastic and is about the same size as a small apple in length and width. The design is quite unique in that it is box shaped and contains the USB ports near each corner rather than the conventional longer USB ports that take up more room. Whilst the power connection is in a standard format, the USB ports are sealed off when not in use thanks to the closing flap mechanism. This design is advantages in that it prevents the influx of particles which can affect the ability of the product over time.

Instructions and Set Up:
The instruction manual is extremely small and reasonably well written and structured. It is presented in both written and diagram formats and in order to set up the product you simply connect the power plug into your mains and connect the twin electrician connection into the product. You then have an option of which port(s) to use:

Port 1 = 1A (Most Devices)
Port 2 = 1A (Most Devices)
Port 3 = 2.4A (Medium Sized Devices Such As iPads)
Port 4 = 1A (Most Devices)

Performance:
I tested the product intensively over a period of 3 days in work and at home. It's was a godsend to have it in work as I am currently based in a temporary small office which only has one power outlet. I successfully charged 4 different devices with it until they were fully charged which included an iPhone and an iPad.

I successfully tested it at home with a number of different devices that did not exceed 5.4V at any given time. The product charged all the devices over the 3 days with no reportable issues to report. I did not lose any noticeable power connection at any point and there were no issues of overheating.

This product is ideal for home / work use and is ideal to use in areas where you are less likely to have several power outlets such as boats, caravans, student rooms and small portacabins. Not only does it provide you with 4 charging ports but it takes up very little space and can be stored away in a small drawer or bag when not in use.

Safety:
In addition to the 'Standard Charging' the product has addition features which would be advantageous to the user: It has an intelligent design that will detect each device as a separate entity and self adjust the power output to match that of the device. Not only will this charge each device more efficiently but it will save you money on your electricity bill.

It also has a built in intelligent protection system to avoid overcharge, over-voltage, over-current and short circuit, anti attack of thundering, explosion proof, anti anti leakage. Not only does this protect your home / office area and the product itself but it will protect your devices and data.

Negatives:
The only negative that I could identify was that the instruction manual was not in line with that of other 1Byone manuals. The manual itself is extremely small and was only slightly bigger in size than a matchbox. The small size also translated into small print and whilst individuals with a good eye sight will need to hold it very close to read, individuals with less sharp eye sights may need a magnifying glass to read it.

The small size (length and depth) also translated into less content. There is very little information inside the manual and although there is more than sufficient information on the box, I believe that this could have been replicated in writing inside the manual along with making it 3 times bigger in size.

Summary:
The product performed all tasks to the required standard and I did not encounter any problems whilst using the product.

Verdict: Decent Multi Charger at reasonable price

1Byone 3-Port 5.1A(2.1A 2A 1A) Aluminum Panel Compact Designed Rapid USB Car Charger For iPhone iPad Samsung Galaxy Motorola HTC Asus Huawei Cellphones Android Smartphones Tablet Pc Gopro Ebooks e-Reader MP3 Player GPS and More, Color Black And Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good car port USB charger, 29 Sep 2014

What is it and what does it do?:
This product is a USB 3 Port Car Charger that is suitable for charging a wide range of small to medium sized devices that support USB charging.

- 1Byone 5.1V USB 3 Port Car Charger

- PDAs

Specification:
- Size = 1.38 x 0.94 x 2.36 inches
- Input = DC 12-18v
- Output = 5V, 5.1A (1.0A, 2.0A, 2.1A)

Quality:
The product is made of very high quality material that is fit for purpose. It's well built, elegant and stylish. The thinner section that fits into your car cigarette charger port is made of gloss black plastic whilst the wider port area is made of a material that resembles silver and enhances its overall look significantly.

Design:
With 3 different ports to choose from (1.0A, 2.0A and 2.1A), there is ample room for all the devices that you have in the car. The distance between each port is adequate for most devices. It's relatively small size (about the size of your thumb in length and width) enables it to be placed directly into your car USB connection port without impeding on your driving abilities.

Performance:
After I connected the product to the car charging port a blue LED light appeared on the 2.1V port which indicated that the product was active and was waiting for the first device.

After I tested a number of different devices that we have in our home on the product
in a number of different combinations (iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, iPad Mini, iPad2 and Galaxy Note 3) I found that charging was initiated as quickly as it does when plugged directly into the mains. With the car engine and CD player running, the devices charged no quicker than normal speed without any issues. When I stopped directly outside my house in order to connect via WiFi, I used the devices for a number of tasks such as playing 3 youtube videos at the same time and it did not affect the charging process.

After charging all the devices for over 1 hour, there was very little overheating, about the same as you get when you charge devices via the mains.

Note: If you are planning to use this product to charge iPhones and iPads, you can charge iPhones in any of the 3 ports however an iPad can only be charged using the 1.0A and 2.1A port (this may be a product manufacturing error and has been reported to 1Byone).

Safety:
All charging stops automatically after each device has been fully charged and the product is certified by the RoHS, CE & FCC and has an unique built in protection system that prevents overcharging, over-current and overheating. Not only do these unique features protect the product and your car from potential damage but it also protects your devices and data.

Summary:
The product performed all tasks to the required standard and I did not experience any issues with the product during testing part from the potential mix up in the 1.0A and 2.0A ports.

Verdict:
Very good car port USB charger

100% Whey Gold Standard Protein, Cookies & Cream - 2273g by Optimum Nutrition
100% Whey Gold Standard Protein, Cookies & Cream - 2273g by Optimum Nutrition
Offered by in.between

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 28 Sep 2014
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because not only was it the number #1 selling protein powder on Amazon but I had heard a lot of good things about the product. I wanted to see for myself if it lived up to all the hype.

Ingredients and Nutritional Profile:
Refer to product image and description.

Taste:
When I first tried the product by adding 1 scoop (30.4g) of powder into 350ml of water, I found that it did not taste as nice as I expected. It tasted slightly artificial and watery. However I found that I got to like the taste a lot more as time went by and I did not get sick of it by the end like I did with many other protein powders. If you want to enhance the taste of this product and make it less watery I recommend having it with semi skimmed milk or full fat milk.

Mixing:
I found that the product mixes really well in water, milk, porridge and smoothies. I have not come across a product that mixes any better.

Results:
After taking the product for 2 months, 3 times a day, whilst weight training 4 times a week and doing cardio 3 times a week I found that my strength and muscle growth had improvement, I had more energy and I was getting more toned. It was mostly evident around my arms and chest where my T-Shirt got tighter. I could lift 5-10% more and I felt a lot stronger even when I wasn't in the gym. It is now the only Whey Protein powder that I am willing to use.

When to take:
I had 1 scoop for breakfast, Pre training and post training mixed with Dextrose. Having Dextrose at the same time drives the amino acids into the muscles much quicker. If I don't fancy a shake first thing in the morning then I will mix 1 scoop with my porridge or smoothie.

Although all the different flavours taste the same in terms of standard, the chocolate based flavours and cookies and cream go better on their own, with dextrose or mixed in porridge whilst the fruity flavours go better either on their own, with Dextrose or with smoothies. All the flavours taste reasonably nice but they will never win any awards for best tasting protein shakes.

Other Whey Products:
Although there are more Whey protein powders out there that taste better, I do not believe that any can match this for results vs price and it's easy to see why the product is so popular with Body Builders and Athletes. The product can also be used by anyone that does not do exercise (male or female) but want to increase their protein intake.

Negatives:
The only negative that I could identify was that the product contains Sucralose which is not the healthiest sweetener around, however you will find that most protein powders have this type of sweetener in them.

Verdict:
Highly Recommended

Tate and Lyle Fairtrade Caster Sugar 500 G (Pack of 10)
Tate and Lyle Fairtrade Caster Sugar 500 G (Pack of 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite caster sugar, 28 Sep 2014
I use this at home for baking. I have found that it is by far the best product that I have used.

This sugar is not designed to have in tea and coffee because it has very fine granules and the one you need for that would be granulated sugar which has bigger granules.

Verdict: My favourite caster sugar

Tate and Lyle Fairtrade Granulated Sugar 500 G (pack Of 10)
Tate and Lyle Fairtrade Granulated Sugar 500 G (pack Of 10)
Offered by Quasaro

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite granulated sugar, 28 Sep 2014
We use this at home and in work as an everyday white sugar. It significantly enhances the taste of tea and coffee. This sugar is not designed for baking purposes because it has large sized granules and the one you would need for baking is caster sugar which has finer granules.

We have tried a number of different types of granulated sugars in the past but keep on coming back to this one.

Verdict: My favourite granulated sugar

Suma Organic Wholewheat Fusilli 500 g (Pack of 12)
Suma Organic Wholewheat Fusilli 500 g (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 28 Sep 2014
I bought these as a proposed one off and they are now my favourite pasta.

They taste nicer than the cheaper alternatives and although not all will be able to notice the difference in taste between organic and not organic, it's reassuring to know that you are putting less harmful chemicals into your body.

The amount of time you need to cook them for will vary depending on how hard or soft you like them and in general they take 15mins to cook on the highest setting possible of your hob.

I find that these go very well with Tuna, Sweetcorn, Mushrooms, Pasta Sauce and Cheese. It's a very cheap and easy meal to make and I frequently feed it to my family when I arrive home late from work and my family need something quick to eat.

They are wholewheat which is better than white because it absorbs less slowly into your bloodstream, keeps you fuller for longer and does not increase your blood sugar levels as much which is beneficial for people trying to maintain / lose weight or diabetics.

Verdict: Highly Recommended

Dolmio Original Sauce for Bolgnese 500 g (Pack of 6)
Dolmio Original Sauce for Bolgnese 500 g (Pack of 6)
Offered by san direct

5.0 out of 5 stars My #1 Tomato Cooking Sauce, 28 Sep 2014
I have used a number of different sauces of this kind for cooking and find that no other brands compare to this product.

I use it mainly for making lasagnes, mince, pasta, spaghetti. It goes very well with them and significantly enhances their taste. It tastes very natural, rich, tomato-y and sweet. Surprisingly it does not have many calories in it and not as much sugar as I expected.

You can either cook it in the saucepan first and heat gently for 4-5 mins or add it to various food and cook it together for the desired time.

My favourite quick, easy and inexpensive meal that I make for the whole family is pasta, dolmio sauce, sweetcorn, cheese, tuna and mushroom. It takes less than 15 mins to make and is an ideal choice for days when I am late arriving back from the office.

It also has a healthy amount of lycopene in it which is a beneficial antioxidant.

Verdict: 10/10

York Fitness Bench
York Fitness Bench

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better quality than I expected, 28 Sep 2014
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
I bought this to use at home to go with my free weights that I bought and to use without weights.

I found that assembling it together was easier than I thought and I managed to do it in a reasonable time with minimal effort (you don't have to be a DIY expert to assemble it).

When I assessed its quality I found that it was made of high quality material that was fit for purpose. It's strong, comfortable and has a quality look and feel to it. The settings give you plenty of different angle options and they stay in place very well during use.

When my personal trainer came around the house recently he was complementary of its quality and said that it was much better quality than he expected given the price tag and found it first class to use. He said that it wasn't far off what he has seen in gyms over the years and would be more than happy to have it in his house.

This bench enables me to do a significant amount of different exercises at home and it didn't cost much. If you are looking for a relatively inexpensive one of these to use at home then I would highly recommend it.

Verdict: Much better quality than I expected

Cat Zoom Groom
Cat Zoom Groom
Offered by Pet-Bliss - Delivering WORLDWIDE

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats liked it and it removed a lot of cat hair, 28 Sep 2014
This review is from: Cat Zoom Groom (Misc.)
My girlfriend bought this recently as we have several cats and they all like to be brushed.

It has an unique design in that the top is made of a relatively soft rubber moulded cat and kitten shape and the base has relatively long and wide rubber spikes protruding from the bottom. The length and width of the product is similar in dimensions to a child's hand.

In use I found the product to be reasonably easy to use and my cats enjoyed being brushed with it. It removed a lot of cat hair and it's a godsend at reducing hair ball formation. It's also much easier to clean than standard wired cat brushes although (although it doesn't brush as well) and does not take up much storage space.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20