Profile for PPS076 > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 22

PPS076 (UK)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Chocolate Picture Maker Bar (Pack of 4)
Chocolate Picture Maker Bar (Pack of 4)
Offered by The Dragons Den

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Gift To Give To Your Young Children For Xmas And Birthdays To Go Alongside Other Gifts, 18 Dec 2014
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by the Manufacturer / Distributor for an honest and unbiased review.

This product is a chocolate boxset that enables you to manufacture a number of different types of designs using the contents provided.

Each box consists of 160g of milk, white, and dark chocolates, 2 activity trays and 16 different paper stencil designs. There is no requirement for any additional kitchen accessories other than a large bowl and a pair of sharp scissors.

The instructions are well presented and are available via a full sized, step by step coloured booklet sheet or via and approved electronic source (manufacturers website). The instructions were very clear and easy to follow and the impressive step by step format with associated images makes it much easier for children to follow.

After melting the sealed chocolate packs in a bowl of hot water (with a heavy object on top to hold them down) I placed the paper stencil of my choice (ladybird) under the tray and followed the shape of the outline of the stencil with the runny melted chocolate after cutting a hole in the corner of the bag. I then proceeded to colour in the centre of the outline with a different colour and then filled the rest of the background area with the remaining chocolate. I then placed it into the fridge to solidify at +2 to +8 Deg C and left it to set.

After taking it out of the fridge and evaluating the appearance of the 'Final Product' I was slightly disappointed with the design as it did not look as good as I had expected (this will vary from person to person of course). However when I proceeded to the tasting of the product I was pleasantly surprised by its taste as it had significantly exceeded my expectations. It was full of flavour with an ideal texture.

Throughout the whole process I had the help of my 5 year old nephew (under close supervision) and the feedback that I had from him was of a positive nature. Although he could not contribute to many instructional parts of the process (as expected) he did enjoy watching me doing it and he really enjoyed the taste of the product.

Although I would not consider buying this chocolate on a regular basis, it was welcoming to have the opportunity to make the chocolate with the assistance of my nephew and I believe that children are more likely to be appreciative of receiving the chocolate after they have witnessed the work that was invoked in its manufacturing rather than just being given a chocolate bar to eat straight out of a pack.

Verdict: An Excellent Gift To Give To Your Young Children For Xmas And Birthdays To Go Alongside Other Gifts.

Chocolate Picture Maker Bar
Chocolate Picture Maker Bar
Offered by The Dragons Den

Comment Comment | Permalink

Chocolate Picture Maker Bar (Pack of 2)
Chocolate Picture Maker Bar (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Gift To Give To Your Young Children For Xmas And Birthdays To Go Alongside Other Gifts., 18 Dec 2014

Comment Comment | Permalink

MOCREO Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Indoor/Outdoors / Rechargable Built-in Battery / TF card Supported for iPhone 6/5s/5C/4s;Samsung galaxy S5/S4/S3,Samsung Note 2;HTC,iPad Air/5;iPad mini Retina;iPod,Google Nexus 7,Nexus 5,MP3 Players and Other Bluetooth Devices- MOSOUND Echoes (Black)
Offered by MOCREO-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressive Product In Both Quality, Design And Performance, 17 Dec 2014

What is it and what does it do?:
This product is a medium to large sized, bluetooth, portable, wireless and rechargeable speaker that connects to your small to large sized devices via bluetooth and non Bluetooth mechanisms. It also has a number of additional features that would be beneficial to the user.

Compatible with (Examples):

- Charging Cable
- 3.5mm Audio Jack Cable
- Quick Start Guide

Instructions:
The instructions are presented in 2 different formats. A 'Quick Guide' version and a 'Full Sized' version. The 'Quick Guide' comes with the product and is essentially an extremely short 1 page manual which provides the information in a 4 step visual instruction. The 'Full Sized' version is only available in an electronic format and is available through an approved channel (Mocreo website).

Quality:
The product is made of very high quality material that's fit for purpose. The outer shell is constructed of a black, hard, smooth gloss (shiny) plastic material whist the inner sections of the product are made of a very similar material but in white. The unit has similar dimensions as a large pineapple and is relatively heavy given its size.

Design:
The product has a very unique, modern, sleek and trendy appearance and is with the best that I have seen. It resembles a large dinosaurs egg and for that reason (partly) it attracted a significant amount of interest from my work colleagues when I took it into work to test the products hands free calling ability (refer to 'Performance' section below).
Exploring the products design further, the speakers are located inside the products hollow cavity section in the middle and there is an exit shaft extending from the hollow core.

On the front of the product is the main control area with touch sensitive controls replacing standard buttons. These control standard speaker controls such as +/- volume, next /previous track, play, pause and call answering. On the rear of the unit is the ON/OFF switch, an LED light, a charging port, a 3.5mm aux audio port and a mic port. The actual audio gets projected from directly inside the speaker and from the exit shaft.

Setup (Pairing With iPhone 5):
The set up process was very straight forward and there was no requirement to review the manual in order to initiate the first step. I simply switched on the unit and the blue light flashed. I then turned on my bluetooth setting and my iPhone detected it within 4-5 seconds and after confirmation I was ready to proceed.

Performance:
The performance of the speaker is as impressive as its quality and design. After using the product for 2 days to play a wide range of tracks (Rock, R&B, Pop and Classic) I found that the sound quality was extremely clear, rich and smooth with excellent sound differential at all levels. More impressive than anything else was its ability to maintain its sound quality when the volume was turned up maximally and that is a trait that I very rarely encounter. When my DJ friend came around to the house he was curious as to what sound quality it could transmit and he was very impressed with its abilities given the price tag.

I also tested the product using my wife's Samsung Galaxy S4 and found that it connected with it very easily and for some reason I was able to play music at a higher volume although my next door neighbour was not as impressed as I was with my new found discovery.

As part of the evaluation process in addition to testing all the main controls and switches thoroughly I also tested the call answering feature, wireless transmission distance and connected it physically to my non bluetooth laptop using the 3.5mm auxiliary cable (supplied). The call answering feature worked extremely well with very clear audio, it connected and transmitted music very well from my laptop and the wireless signal was very good with the presence of walls blocking the signal making very little difference.

The only issue that I had with the product was the fact that the speaker physically cut out and stopped playing every time I picked it up and carried it to a different location, although it could be restarted with no technical issues. Although saying that this is not classed as a major problem considering that most speakers are kept in a stationary position once set up.

Charging:
The product gets charged via the USB cable (supplied) and requires 3.5-4 hours in order to fully charge from an empty to full capacity of 2200mAh (verified). This amount is very impressive for a speaker and should provide approx 4 hours of 'Music Play'.

Verdict:
Very Impressive Product In Both Quality, Design And Performance.

Regaine Solution Triple Pack (3 Month Supply)
Regaine Solution Triple Pack (3 Month Supply)
Offered by Allcures com (2006) Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective Hair Loss Liquid Product, 17 Dec 2014
Reason for specifically buying Regaine:
Regaine along with Propecia are the only 2 hair loss products that have undergone a detailed wide range study involving a considerable amount of men. Although you will find that it's a subjective area, I personally believe that approx 33% of men will not regrow any hair, approx 33% will not gain or lose any hair and approx 33% will regrow a large proportion of their hair.

Application:
I found that the easiest way of applying the Regaine is by squirting the liquid onto your hair and then massage it into your hair slowly with your fingers. It dries within about 5 minutes. The nozzle that you attach to the Regaine has a pump action that you press firmly once and it delivers an accurate 1ml shot of liquid.

Area of hair regrown:
I have found that Regaine is effective against the crown of your head (Top part) and that Propecia is effective only to your fringe.

Results:
After about 6-8 weeks I looked in the mirror to check on the progress. I had regained approx 80% of my hair. You might make quicker progress than I did or it might take a lot longer. If I had not noticed any results after 12 months then I would have given up and tried something else instead.

How much to use:
The recommended dosage based on scientific studies is that you should take 1ml a day X2 Ideally it should be spread out evenly throughout the day with a 12 hour gap in between ideally.

Side Effects:
I did not experience any side effects whilst being on the product.

Verdict:
Effective Hair Loss Liquid Product

Disclaimer:
I would recommend discussing taking this with your Doctor BEFORE buying it, especially if you are unwell or are taking any medication.

Regaine for Men 5% Minoxidil ,1 Month Suppy ,1 Can 73 Ml, New , Unboxed
Regaine for Men 5% Minoxidil ,1 Month Suppy ,1 Can 73 Ml, New , Unboxed

Reason for specifically buying Regaine:

Application:
I found that the easiest way of applying the Regaine is by squirting the foam onto your hand first and then massage it into your hair slowly with the tips of your fingers. It dries within about 5 minutes. The nozzle that you attach to the Regaine has a fast press pump action that you press firmly once and it delivers an accurate 1ml shot of liquid.

How much to use:

Side Effects:
I did not experience any side effects whilst being on the treatment.

Value:
This product has a price tag that would make you put it back on the shelf quicker than you picked it up, however when you sit back and consider that there are only 1 or 2 approved hair loss products available and that a significant amount of people have fully regrown their lost hair with it, it's worth taking the risk (In my opinion).

Verdict:
Effective Hair Loss Foam Treatment For Men

Disclaimer:
I would recommend discussing taking this with your Doctor BEFORE buying it, especially if you are unwell or are taking medication.

Regaine for Men Extra Strength Scalp Foam - 1 Month Supply (73ml)
Regaine for Men Extra Strength Scalp Foam - 1 Month Supply (73ml)

How much to use:

Side Effects:
I did not experience any side effects whilst being on the treatment.

Value:

Verdict:
Effective Hair Loss Foam Treatment For Men

Disclaimer:

Regaine Foam Triple pack (3 Month Supply)
Regaine Foam Triple pack (3 Month Supply)

How much to use:

Side Effects:
I did not experience any side effects whilst being on the treatment.

Value:

Verdict:
Effective Hair Loss Foam Treatment For Men

TIW Mini Self Defence Spray Criminal Identifier
TIW Mini Self Defence Spray Criminal Identifier
Offered by TaperGrey

4.0 out of 5 stars Small And An Excellent Legal Alternative To Pepper Sprays And Teasers, 16 Dec 2014
I bought this to keep next to the bed in the event that we should be burgled in the middle of the night.

Its about the same size as the width of your hand and looks decent quality.

I havent had a chance to test it on a burgler yet which is a good thing.

It would also be useful to keep in your pocket or handbag when walking in relatively dangerous areas that you cant avoid such as walking to your car at night or when you are walking the dog.

Its not likely to be anywhere near as effective as pepper spray or a teaser (these are not legal in the UK) but it should give you additional time to run away if you could direct it accurately enough at the assailants eyes.

Verdict: Small And An Excellent Legal Alternative To Pepper Sprays And Teasers

(If you wish to see photos or a video of the product then please let me know)

VETRA Focus Classic Athletic T shirt Navy Blue gym Sport Training Mens soccer football jersey DRY-FAST Tee Shirts NEW (Large)
Offered by Sport-Items

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent Quality T-Shirt With Excellent Ventillation Features, 15 Dec 2014

This product is a Mens Sports T-Shirt that has been designed mainly for football but can also be used for a number of other sports.

It's made of decent quality material that's fit for purpose. It's made of a navy 100% polyester material and is thin, lightweight and crewneck (flat U shape) in terms of neck design. One of its unique design features is its mesh side design which contains a large network of small holes ranging from the top to the bottom. This permits clean air to enter the body from both sides and provides much needed cooling ventilation during exercise in order to reduce the body temperature. The other feature is the actual material which ensures that the sweat gets taken away from the skin effectively.

I'm 6ft / 13st and found that the Large size fitted me very well indeed and was comfortable to wear. It was nice and loose and was ideal to wear for my 1 hour badminton session. Although I sweated quite a bit during play, I remained relatively cool and I did not have sweat patches all over my back which was welcoming. It can also be used for other sports / exercises such as Football, Running, Gym, Squash and Table Tennis.

Verdict: Decent Quality T-Shirt With Excellent Ventilation Features

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20