Profile for M. Knell > Reviews

Content by M. Knell

M. Knell (GB)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Dpower 150 Mbps /150M Mini USB WiFi Wireless LAN Network Adapter Card 802.11n/b/g
Offered by Bsyexcellent-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Very inexpensive solution but not as fast as advertised., 4 Jun. 2015
Inexpensive & on day 1 at least it works just fine.
I installed the drivers mentioned in the reviews here (http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads/usb) & it took about a minute to have it up & working.
Win 7 says it is connecting at 65Mbps, so I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 (seeing as it is sold as a 150Mbps dongle - my BT Hub4 wi-fi router is about 1 meter away).
Very low cost solution so (so far) I'm very pleased.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2015 4:33 PM BST

WD Green 4TB Desktop 3.5 inch Internal SATA Hard Drive
WD Green 4TB Desktop 3.5 inch Internal SATA Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars I never have an issue with WD green drives, 2 Jun. 2014
I use these drives for backing up large amounts of data. The green drive suits as I don't need instant fast access (even tho they're hardly slow) & I don't need it to be spinning all the time.
I've had quite a few of these drives in the last few years, they have always been solid & reliable.
I keep buying them so they must be doing something right, price is always very competitive too.

Corona Solid Pine Tall 4 Drawer Chest of Drawers
Corona Solid Pine Tall 4 Drawer Chest of Drawers
Offered by Biraz Furnishings

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product & excellent supplier., 8 Aug. 2013
I already have 2 of the Corona bedside cabinets so I wanted a good sized drawer unit to match (and later got a wardrobe).
I find these Corona units incredible value and of very solid construction.
There's no MDF, chipboard or hardboard here, just solid pine.
Yes they do need a little finishing - but it's nothing more than a light sand & varnishing at which stage I think they look superb.
I use a satin finish & am very happy with the end result (lots of light coats, not 1 or 2 heavy ones works so much better).

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Another quiet cool & solid WD drive., 22 Feb. 2013
Not much to say really.
It works perfectly, it's very quiet and it runs very cool (take note Seagate).
Perfect for media storage which is what I use it for.

Command & Conquer: The First Decade (PC DVD)
Command & Conquer: The First Decade (PC DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's C&C so, great....I'd love to give it 5 stars but it's a very very lazy update by EA, 22 Feb. 2013
As most say 3 cheers for a cheap bundle of the great games and probably already all well known & loved.

The down-side is bits missing & EA did nothing to update them at all, not even a simple scaling up for modern moniters.
That's more than a bit disappointing.....ah, turns out it's not lazy, it's greed, there's an ultimate version where they have tweaked things for Windows 7 & 8 (and presumably Vista too).
Another £23 to you Sir.

How many times are we supposed to buy?

Littens & Co - Luxury Hollowfibre Polycotton 15 Tog King Size Duvet / Quilt
Littens & Co - Luxury Hollowfibre Polycotton 15 Tog King Size Duvet / Quilt
Offered by Littens

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosy & definitely an improvement, at this time of year, on the 13.5 tog I had before., 22 Feb. 2013
Fantastic value, ticks all the boxes & there is a definite improvement over my last 13.5 tog duvet.
Very pleased with it.

Prometheus (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Prometheus (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Noomi Rapace
Offered by A1-Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it @ the cinema & the Blu-ray was fantastic too., 22 Feb. 2013
I love the Alien films (yes, even Alien 3.....but the DC of that one really makes it) and so it's no surprise I loved this one.
I saw it in 3D at the cinema and loved it & was interested in how the 2D Blu-ray would be.
I can't fault it.
The image is crisp & clear & looks great on my TV (50" Panasonic G20 plasma).
The lossless audio is also a treat.

There aren't that many films where I bother with the commentaries but on this one I did, it was worth it as it answeref some questions and confirmed some ideas I had about the film.
The slightly different start & end are worth as look too.

aLLreLi Micro USB OTG Cable [LIFETIME WARRANTY] for Google Nexus 7 2 II / 10 / 9 / 5 / 6 | Motorola Moto G Xoom | Samsung Galaxy S6 S6 Edge S5 S4 S3 S2 Note 4 / 3 | Note 8.0 / 10.1 2014 Edition Tab 3 / pro 12.2 / 8.4 / Tab S 8.4 / 10.5 / 13.3 | HTC One M8 M9 | Nokia Lumia 2520 | Tesco HUDL 7
Offered by ForPower(aLLreli TM)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little OTG USB cable, 9 Feb. 2013
What can I say other than this little cable was delivered quickly, cost next to nothing and it works perfectly well in my Samgung phone & with my Ainol Novo 7 Fire tablet.

2 Amp UK 3-Pin Micro USB Mains Charger For Samsung Galaxy Note PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast mains charger., 8 Feb. 2013
I use this on my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone & with an Ainol Novo 7 Fire tablet which happily charges through the micro SD port.
It is fast & fuss-free. It was cheap & was delivered quickly.
No complainst at all & I'm very happy with it.

Tuxedo Cats 2013 Wall
Tuxedo Cats 2013 Wall
by BrownTrout Publishers
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like cats and you like 'Postman Pat' black & white cats then this is for you, 8 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Tuxedo Cats 2013 Wall (Calendar)
I happen to have one of these kinds of cat and this calendar has lots of nice pics of that style of cat.
I've bought one of these for the last 3 or 4 years, they're a nice size, the pic quality is always good & the boxes for the individual days have a fair amount of room for noting the stuff you want reminding of.

Perfect. (.....see how I resisted the obvious pun there? ;) )

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6