Profile for Jimbo > Reviews

Jimbo (Shrops)

Toshiba Camileo H30 Camcorder - UK version
Toshiba Camileo H30 Camcorder - UK version

1.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba H30, 28 Jun 2010
Having done quite a bit of research on camcorders and being quite a gadget junkie I am embarrassed to say that I got this purchase all wrong.
It is a very poor piece of kit from a reputable company. As other reviewers have said it is not at the top end price bracket, nonetheless you expect more for your money.
The buttons are flimsy, the fact it goes back to default every time you switch it off is an unbelievably bad piece of design. Most importantly however is the picture quality which is poor. Colours are washed out to the extreme - even in good light. In dim conditions it simply cannot handle it - the picture is very grainy and disappointing.
I bought my camera for 180 and was happy to sell it on for 100 quid a couple of months later just to get shut of it.

I will be spending a little more next time - lesson learnt!

Tomy Walkabout Baby Advance Monitor
Tomy Walkabout Baby Advance Monitor

1.0 out of 5 stars Tomy Trouble, 18 May 2009
Bought these as a replacement for a bt digital baby monitor that went wrong.
We decided to go for a cheaper monitor and now wish we hadn't. On setting up the monitors they did not always connect. Once downstairs (about 30 metres apart) the reception was awful. I disconnected everything that could have interfered with the monitors - broadband etc but this seemed to make no difference.
On the one evening we tried them out they often disconnected, made loud buzzing noises and shut off.
Not sure if I simply had a duff set but I won't be getting another. Sent them straight back to Amazon for a refund. Back to digital and a few extra quid for me. I would say you get what you pay for but after spending thirty pounds all I got were two lumps of plastic that blurted out interference. Not impressed.