Profile for Celine Cheung > Reviews

Content by Celine Cheung

Celine Cheung "Steve Constantine Iksan" (London)

The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse
The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse
by Helen Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunningly beautiful book not just of children, 1 April 2012
This book is so beautifully drawn with stunning colours that as a 57 years old artist I bought it for myself.

A treat to the eyes!

Nature's Great Events [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Nature's Great Events [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ David Attenborough

5.0 out of 5 stars Just wonderful!, 27 Nov. 2011
This is one of the best BBC natural series I have seen. Just amazing. Beautiful and educational.

I also love the diaries of the film makings. What is truly amazing is the dedications of the directors and the cameramen. I think that they are heroes. In order to capture these natural wonders for us, they risk their lives, endure hardships and loneliness. Such passion, professionalism and patience. Bravos and my salute to them all!

Bialetti Leonardo Genius 20cm Frying Pan OLEPA020
Bialetti Leonardo Genius 20cm Frying Pan OLEPA020
Offered by almiobazaronline

5.0 out of 5 stars Evenly heated and fred food to a golden crunch, 27 Nov. 2011
I have a bigger pan of the same brand and I found it extremely good. It heats evenly and fried food to a golden crunch which a lot of pans can not perform. This smaller version does not disappoint me. It is especially good in frying dumplings, fish cakes, etc. The small version does not sit properly in my gas cooker because of its small size so I have to adjust how I sit my pan on the cooker. That is the only drawback, however, different cookers have different size so it might not be a problem to you.

China in a Mirror
China in a Mirror
by Roland Michaud

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleverly and artfully comparision of beautiful atmospheric photographs with paintings, 13 Mar. 2011
This review is from: China in a Mirror (Hardcover)
The authors and photographers have very cleverly and artfully integrated beautiful modern atmospheric photographs to compare with old Chinese paintings, scruptures, paper cutting of rural life, portraits, landscapes sometimes together with English translated Chinese poems and calligraphy.

You can tell that it is done with lots of passion, love and effort to find the right photographs to go with the paintings or scruptures or poems. The authors said they spent 12 years for this project. Some of the photographs that impress me are, like, the wrinkled faced old man compared to a rugged mountain landscape, a traditional painting of a cricket intregated with a real life cricket and cage in the front.

The subjects are good representation of traditional Chinese culture, like, kite flying, crickets playing, buhhist monks, fisherman, tea making, etc.

Being a Chinese artist myself, this beautiful, arty book gives me a lot of pleasure to look at again and again. It is also a great book to give as a present.

Postmen In The Mountains [1999] [DVD]
Postmen In The Mountains [1999] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Teng Rujun

4.0 out of 5 stars Breath-taking scenery, gentle and moving story, 29 July 2009
This is a beautiful movie about the delicate and complex relationship of the father and son. The old postmen is going to retire and wants to train his son to be the postman of this mountain area. The best Chinese scenery, moving and interesting conversation. It also shows the virtue of self sacrifice, hardship, endurance and love. It is a movie to be seen with family especially with teenagers.

Japanese Story [DVD] [2004]
Japanese Story [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Toni Collette
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful scenery and songs and moving performance, 29 July 2009
This review is from: Japanese Story [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
It is a very beautiful love story with beautiful background songs and music. My husband and I fell in love with the main theme song and although we do not understand Japanese, we decide to buy it.

Performance is excellent and scenery is beautiful and it is one of the romantic movies that really move you and lingers in your heart for a long time. Excellent for the romantics.

Loire Valley Sketchbook (Sketchbooks)
Loire Valley Sketchbook (Sketchbooks)
by Fabrice Moireau

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably more beautiful than your photographs in Loire Valley, 9 Dec. 2007
I bought this book on my holiday in Loire Valley. Every time I open this book I found myself revisiting the beautiful places again. Nice paper, beautiful and atmospheric paintings, keen and detailed observations and it makes the place so real. Just a joy to look at it every time and re-living the holiday.

The Complete Drawing and Sketching Course
The Complete Drawing and Sketching Course
by Stan Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent demonstrations and beautiful artworks, 4 May 2006
I am an art student and have been learning to draw for the last 8 years. I found this book extremely helpful and I gain a lot of information and skills from it. The book was devised by a former tutor in drawing of Royal Academy of Arts, London, so it is of very high standard and drawings very beautiful.

There are also useful tips and photographs which comes with every project so one can see how the artists tackle certain problems and what to omit and what to change. The step by step demonstrations are very clear and with over 600 full-colour beautiful illustrations. There are also styles from realism to abstract,drawings from still life to portraits. It is good for students of all levels. I highly recommend this book and even bought one for my friend in the same course.