Profile for Miss SL Harvey > Reviews

NIV E100 Bible: Your journey through the Bible in 100 readings
NIV E100 Bible: Your journey through the Bible in 100 readings
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to explore the whole Bible, 8 Aug 2014
The passages and reflections were just the right length. Highly recommended for becoming more familiar with the Bible as a whole.

Prayers to Start my Day
Prayers to Start my Day
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Great way to start the day, 15 Jun 2014
I've always wanted to be in a regular routine of starting the day with a quiet time with God, but so often found it difficult to make the time and be reflective at the start of the day. This book has been invaluable in helping me do this. I have found the structure of the prayers, readings and meditations very helpful and there is a verse to repeat to yourself throughout the day, which I found a useful reminder of what I'd read first thing. I'd also recommend the companion book 'Prayers To Close My Day'.

The Heart of Worship Files
The Heart of Worship Files

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended; Explores many different aspects of worship, 27 May 2014
I would recommend this to any Christian who wants a greater understanding of the 'how' and the 'why' of worship, but particularly those who are involved in leading worship in some way. I've just joined one of the worship bands at my church and this book challenged my thoughts and attitudes in many ways that I hope will improve my ability to serve the church as part of a worship team.

Lent Devotions: Walking to Calvary
Lent Devotions: Walking to Calvary
Price: 1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars A thoughtful and challenging devotional, highly recommended, 19 April 2014
This book has really helped me focus my reflections and prayers in the lead up to Holy week. I also particularly liked the author's drawings, each with a verse from scripture, at the start of each devotion. Each devotion is concise and relevant.

The Seven P's of Brilliant Voice Usage (Alphabet Sevens)
The Seven P's of Brilliant Voice Usage (Alphabet Sevens)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful guide for an important, yet often neglected, aspect of teaching, 1 Feb 2014
It is amazing to think how much we use our voices in teaching, but so often don't think about how we use them and how we can protect them. I really recommend reading this book.

Here I Am to Worship: Never Lose The Wonder Of Worshipping The Savior (Worship (Gospel Light))

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful, yet humble, exploration of worship, 29 Jan 2014
There is excellent practical advice given, but more importantly Tim Hughes explores how we should live out our lives as worshippers.

What the Future Brings
What the Future Brings
Price: 5.14

5.0 out of 5 stars A great devotional to take you through advent and into new year, 5 Jan 2014
I enjoyed having a hymn or Carol to focus on each week. I particularly appreciated that the reflections continued past Christmas and into the new year. Some advent devotionals finish on Christmas day, but, for me, it is often the time between Christmas day and new year when I actually have more time to sit and reflect, so this book was perfect.

Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe
Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A cosy Christmas treat, 26 Dec 2013
I wanted a light feel-good read for the Christmas break and this was perfect, with the added bonus of cake recipes that I will definitely try.