Profile for Grace55 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Whirl of the Wheel
Whirl of the Wheel

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful language but strangely disjointed, 11 Jun 2014
After reading this I deleted it, feels as though it could be a wonderful book but slides 'off key' and left me feeling rather confused. Feels dream like, I'm happy to read unusual fiction but didn't feel quite connected to the story. I find it interesting it has so many good reviews. Tastes differ, I'm an adult reader, and am left wondering what young readers think of it.

The Year I Turn…: A Quirky A-Z of Ageing
The Year I Turn…: A Quirky A-Z of Ageing

1.0 out of 5 stars More of a magazine article than a book., 11 Mar 2014
This is so short, and much less interesting than I thought it would be. Whilst it is good to read positive comments about ageing there is no consideration of the fact that many older people are resource poor. The author has a house large enough to hold classes in. Positive comments about older models in the media fail to mention that those models still fit the image of tall and thin that dominates the fashion industry. I could go on.....

Sinners & Sorcerers: Four Urban Fantasy Thrillers
Sinners & Sorcerers: Four Urban Fantasy Thrillers

4.0 out of 5 stars only two read and already a good buy., 23 Feb 2014
I know I like sm raine a lot so am looking forward to reading that, so far I have read 'Called' by Robert J Crane and 'Flaming Dove' by Daniel Arenson.

The first was a perfectly readable demon hunter novel, rather male centered and not memorable but never the less enjoyable.

The second is very innovative,interesting and has left me wanting to read more by this author. I have a few niggles about his use of heroic language but that is insignificant when compared to the overall impact of the book.

Love & Inheritance - Box Set: Love & Inheritance (Love and Inheritance 1 to 03)
Love & Inheritance - Box Set: Love & Inheritance (Love and Inheritance 1 to 03)

4.0 out of 5 stars Adds an edge to a 'Downton' style story., 20 Jan 2014
A long time since I read anything by this author, an enjoyable series though I feel it goes adrift rather in the middle as elements are added that appear to be significant but then disappear rather confusingly.

Sony PlayStation 3 500GB Super Slim Console with Gran Turismo 6 Plus The Last of Us (PS3)
Offered by Hughes Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal family Christmas present., 20 Jan 2014
Five stars as there is nothing to detract, especially buying it as a bundle with two games that were wanted anyway we consider it as being really good value for money. The ability to play catch up tv and streaming services ensure it is often used. At the moment I think it better value than PS4 as far more games available and much easier to buy.

Shades of Milk and Honey (The Glamourist Histories)
Shades of Milk and Honey (The Glamourist Histories)

5.0 out of 5 stars an absolute joy, 5 Jan 2014
I love jane Austen's novels but have found re telling, sequels or additions light reading at best. In introducing the element of glamour,
not slavishly following but being inspired by the originals Ms Kowal has created a most enjoyable book. I look forward to reading more of her work.

Blackout Roof / Skylight blind For Velux GGL/GPL/GHL (BLACK 0009 (SYS F), MO4/304/1)
Offered by Vale Blinds Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Did what we wanted and very reasonable price, 17 Dec 2013
I wondered at first if this could be as good as the velux branded one as it was so much more economical, decided to choose it as all but one customer review was positive. It feels as though it's going to be flimsy during installation but fine when installed.

Ruled by Steel (The Ascension Series Book 3)
Ruled by Steel (The Ascension Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars captivating books, 3 Dec 2013
I have now read the three books in this series and am waiting for the next. They have swept all my other reading to one side, I find it astonishing I haven't heard of this writer and found her books by accident

Magic After Dark Boxed Set (Five Book Bundle)
Magic After Dark Boxed Set (Five Book Bundle)

4.0 out of 5 stars S M Reine, Sacrificed in Shadow-found in a bundle, 29 Nov 2013
I really enjoyed this, though I found it a little confusing trying to make out the world view and logic at first it becomes apparent on progressing through the book, much better than over spoon feeding information can be at times. I'm usually a bit wary of bundles but all in this collection were new authors to me and if I like nothing else this is a find.

The theme uses angels and demons, I have come across some really poor books riffing on this idea, just shows it's worth ditching preconceptions at times as I want to continue this series.

A minor gripe, must the 'covers' of these books have such cliched artwork? I find myself wanting to pass books over when these images occur, have to remember you really can't judge an ebook by its cover.

The Afternet Part 2: Redemption
The Afternet Part 2: Redemption

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutly lovely, 13 Oct 2013
I even loved the football bits (which is certainly saying something) it's been a pleasure to read something so inventive and I hope to find more from this author

Page: 1 | 2 | 3