Profile for Mrs. J. Martin > Reviews

Content by Mrs. J. Martin

Mrs. J. Martin "jo" (london, england)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sony CMT SBT 100B - Micro Hi-Fi System with CD/DAB/FM Radio Tuner
Sony CMT SBT 100B - Micro Hi-Fi System with CD/DAB/FM Radio Tuner

4.0 out of 5 stars amazon reccomended ariel is not compatible with this system, 10 Aug 2014
best sound quality I could find anywhere for under £250 and I looked around for quite a few weeks. I'm fussy about sound quality and wanted to replace an old high end system that broke and nobody could or was prepared to fix. I don't use the usb or Bluetooth but for its money its good and I'm happy with it.
However I feel I must point out that the ariel that amazon recommend you buy with it does NOT fit the connection.

Richard Ward Couture Hair VoluMoist Shampoo 300ml
Richard Ward Couture Hair VoluMoist Shampoo 300ml

5.0 out of 5 stars I been using this for ages as it is great on my hair and it doesn't contain any of ..., 28 July 2014
I been using this for ages as it is great on my hair and it doesn't contain any of the nasty preservatives that some people including me are allergic too. I really can't be without it.

Leifheit Long Handled Dust Pan and Brush Set
Leifheit Long Handled Dust Pan and Brush Set

4.0 out of 5 stars sturdy brush set, 26 May 2014
I found this long handled brush set to be better than others out there. Have knocked off 1 star because the bristles on my brush looked dishshevilled and damaged when mine arrived due to poor packaging but it hasn't affected my use of it! would recommend to others.

TASSIMO Costa Latte coffee 6 discs, 8 servings (Pack of 5, Total 80 discs/pods, 40 servings)

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely latte coffee, 10 Feb 2014
I notice amazon have put the price up by an extra £9.90 since my previous order six weeks ago. I don't know why the exact same pack size has suddenly jumped up in price but the coffee is so nice. The creamer is included so it makes 40 latte drinks which taste the same as my local costa coffee shop.

Thermometer-Hygrometer Instrument Room Control Anthrazit-White
Thermometer-Hygrometer Instrument Room Control Anthrazit-White
Offered by Wetterladen24

5.0 out of 5 stars great german thermometer, 26 Nov 2013
This item arrived very quickly from this seller, in fact it arrived days before the date suggested it would arrive.
It is easy to set up and the instructions are clear too. I have compared its readings to a non-Chinese one and it appears to be very accurate so I am delighted with my purchase and will buy more.

LCD Alarm Clock / Calendar / Thermometer / Humidity Meter
LCD Alarm Clock / Calendar / Thermometer / Humidity Meter
Offered by Mad Choice--Ships from HK station

4.0 out of 5 stars handy and inexpensive, 23 Nov 2013
This seller was very prompt in delivering, others weren't. I've now got three of these and although when I put them side by side to check their accuracy of temperature etc no two are exactly the same but they only vary by less than 1deg centigrade which is accurate enough for me. The humidity however varied greatly even though all three were sitting side by side so I guess I won't be relying on that function. Like others I too have found the battery connections are rather 'hit and miss' but if you fiddle about with the battery a little it can be overcome quite easily, and frankly for a cheap Chinese import its not too bad. They include a Chinese battery which works for about a year but the problems come when you try to replace it with a Duracell or similar as normal retail batteries will not work with the battery cover in place. The display is clear and can be easily read from several feet away so good for the price (and yes some other retailers are charging more for exactly same item).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2013 1:48 PM GMT

Clarks Womens Casual Clarks Hotel Chic Leather Shoes In Black
Clarks Womens Casual Clarks Hotel Chic Leather Shoes In Black

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely shoes, 10 Oct 2013
The normal UK retail price for these shoes is £64.99 but they look nicer in real life than pictures show. They are very comfy but you need to go down half a size to what you would normally take as they come up larger than size stated.

Brabantia Compostable Bin Liners, Size K, 10 Litre - 10 Bag Roll
Brabantia Compostable Bin Liners, Size K, 10 Litre - 10 Bag Roll

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality and perfect fit, 17 July 2013
I use these all the time because I have got a Brabantia 30ltr bin and one of their flat backed dual bins and as you would expect from Brabantia they fit perfectly and are of strong quality.so don't split. The drawstring handles too make these a must have for your Brabantia bin.

Denman D6 Shampoo/Shower Brush
Denman D6 Shampoo/Shower Brush
Offered by Shamz

4.0 out of 5 stars good hair and scalp massage brush, 17 July 2013
good for massaging scalp which feels good and helps keep it healthy and it dislodges the products many of us use to shape and style hair. Give it a go.

Denman D200 Vent Hair Brush with Flexible Pins
Denman D200 Vent Hair Brush with Flexible Pins
Offered by Boost & Boom

3.0 out of 5 stars vented denman brush, 17 July 2013
Bought this to replace a very old one that was losing its 'bobbles' on the end of the flexible bristles. Only gave this newer version 3 stars (old version would have got 5 stars) because the newer version is nearer flat than semi-circle of the old one so it doesn't give any root lift, its only a fraction of the weight of the old one and this one feels cheap and fragile. I will keep it as it will cost me nearly as much to send it back plus the hassle but I will be looking around the high st to see if I can find another brand more like the old version of this.
Will be ok if you've got long straight hair but not much good if you've got short fine hair like me!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3