Profile for Davie > Reviews

Dog DeShedding Tool for Large Dogs
Dog DeShedding Tool for Large Dogs
Offered by ThomsonsTopBooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool for shedding dogs, 23 Mar. 2015
Excellent product that really clears out the hair and does it in an efficient manner. A bit of care is needed as it can be a little harsh on our Alsatian but what a worthwhile purchase. Our dog feels so much better after a going over with this tool.

Medwyns Plastic Plant Support Clips (pack of 20)
Medwyns Plastic Plant Support Clips (pack of 20)
Offered by The Recycle Works Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 7 April 2013
Great little addition to the gardeners essentials. Does exactly what is described of it and has lasted well. Not a lot else to say, but a recommended buy.

Universal Deluxe Dishwasher Cutlery Basket
Universal Deluxe Dishwasher Cutlery Basket
Offered by LUKE'S - SPARES LIMITED

3.0 out of 5 stars Large holes!, 9 Feb. 2013
Good product that does exactly the job asked of it.

Unfortunately the holes in the sides are too big and if cutlery is not placed correctly then they fall throughand cause problems. A point to bear in mind when ordering this item.

Biogreen MON2.0/GB Montana Electric Fan Heater 1000/ 2000W includes Thermostat
Biogreen MON2.0/GB Montana Electric Fan Heater 1000/ 2000W includes Thermostat

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the greenhouse, 7 Feb. 2012
After having had real bad problems with a Paraffin heater I installed electric and bought this little heater. It works a treat and has coped easily with this year's cold weather. It seems to give 3 degrees on top of the outside temperature in an insulated 6' x 10' greenhouse; this is using the first setting on the 1KW button so it has plenty of potential increase to give more heat if required.

The knock over cut out works very well and it is definitely for greenhouse use. Perhaps the previous 1 star reviews were supplied the wrong version? Mine definitely says for greenhouse use and is fit for purpose.

Also a previous reviewer has mentioned the unit does make a certain amount of noise and a little rattle but nothing worth noting for me. It IS NOT silent as the advert on the front says, but it is quiet enough for Greenhouse use, in fact it could be much noisier and still not be a problem.

EDIT: One year on and this March has been so cold, but this heater has once again been invaluable and together with bubble insulation has kept the greenhouse between 9 and 12 deg overnight where the outside temperature has been -1 to 1 for this last few weeks.

Edit: nearly three years on it still does the job asked of it although the temperature sensor is less sensitive and I have to put it almost down to frost free to prevent it coming on at too high a temperature.

Parasene 3meter (10') Soil Warm Cable
Parasene 3meter (10') Soil Warm Cable

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, 7 Feb. 2012
Only used this for 3 weeks, so I will alter if problems arise. I am using this in conjuction with a light box and it seems to provide gentle warmth suitable for my needs. It took about 24 hours to get the warmth into the sand and affecting the seedlings, and I am under the impression that it should be kept on for 24 hours a day.

If it is doing its job and exactly as described, why not 5 stars? The reason that it comes coiled in the box and it was hard to re-shape it go inside the area I needed, and go against the bends that were made to fit in the box. Not a big problem as I weighted it down and the damp sand did keep most of it from springing back up.

EDIT: Three years on and it works perfectly still... great buy

Parasne Super-Warm 5 Greenhouse Heater Dbl Burner
Parasne Super-Warm 5 Greenhouse Heater Dbl Burner
Offered by Oasis Gardening

3.0 out of 5 stars A complete disaster for me, 29 Jan. 2012
Firstly I have not given this product a lower rating because there is a chance it could be me rather than the product!

The first time I set this to work was in a rush and I set the wicks too high and I managed to turn my greenhouse all sooty.

After cleaning down and re-reading the instructions I can see where I went wrong, and for 2 weeks after had much less problems.

However 2 nights ago I set it to work and returned in the morning to find my Greenhouse blackened and everything covered in soot. I looked at the burner and the wick had burned lower than the point where it just snuffs itself out and was venting sideways. I tried cleaning down and the soot does wash off but black smear does remain. With cold weather forecast I put it on again and checked it shortly before midnight, this morning the same thing has happened again! Totally ruined everything inside.

Have I done something wrong? It does have good airflow around it, but no vent open as it was due to be so cold. This should be a 1 star review, so if you read this and know what I have done wrong, please comment. Otherwise buyer beware!

INTENSITY PRO
INTENSITY PRO
Offered by Pro Video Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Works brilliantly, 25 Jan. 2012
This review is from: INTENSITY PRO (Personal Computers)
You need to buy the correct Motherboard for this to work, but when the correct pairing is made its a dream to use. Worth looking up forum help sites before buying to try and see if your Motherboard is suitable. This is time consuming but a necessary evil I'm afraid.

I am now on my second upgraded gaming PC and it still works fine. Would not use anything different

HP Original 364 Series Photo Value Pack (100 Sheets 10 x 15 cm Glossy Photo
HP Original 364 Series Photo Value Pack (100 Sheets 10 x 15 cm Glossy Photo

2.0 out of 5 stars Inks ran out very fast, 25 Jan. 2012
Why does a Black 364 XL last fairly long, but these colours were gone in very short order! I have bought a non photo pack batch of 364 inks and they seemed to last far longer. I realise my comments are subjective, but I do not feel this pack represents value for money.

Buyer beware

Garland Grow Light Garden
Garland Grow Light Garden
Offered by The Greenhouse People

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far, 25 Jan. 2012
Only bought this a couple weeks ago, but delivery was good and construction easy, although with a slight annoyance on having no clip for the power lead coming from the lights. Gives a good even light output and feels like the product will last. The Onion seeds I have planted are not leggy and are green and healthy.

Two things I could not find out when looking to buy: 1 was whether the lights give out any heat, they do although only very slight. 2 is that the tray is of a solid (plastic) construction and seems like it will be suitable for an addition of soil warming cables (please note, this is not a recommendation from me)

Will update later when I see how the Tomatoes and Cucumbers react.

Edit after 1 month: I have added a soil warming cable (in layers of sand) to give some bottom heat. This worked too well and made the Toms and Cucumbers start getting leggy, so that has been switched off as it is mild again. The Toms, Cucumbers and a couple Fuchsias have grown very well under this lighting. I have added a silver Foil on one side to refect light back in and stop draughts. Still a 5 star product from me.

Edit 2 : Still works well after 3 years. I use the base all year round and put the lights on around now
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2013 5:32 PM BST

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)

2.0 out of 5 stars Great until the last month, 16 Jun. 2010
For the first 11 months this product was superb.

Did everything it was supposed to do without interfering with any operation I carry out on my computer. Less problematic than Norton.

5 star performance until the last month.

This last month every time I switch the computer on, or every time it sleeps, I get a pop up asking me to renew. You have to click on it before doing anything else. What the hell is that all about? I mean why do I want to be nagged in this manner? If all the programmes did this on expiry my computer would be unusable. I expect internet Security to be in the backgound NEVER interfering with what I want to do!

Now that it has expired I get a less irritating red box nagging me to renew but unlike the previous month I don't have to click the X to get rid of it. Far more acceptable, but that would have not stopped me buying it.

Back to Norton for me.