ARRAY(0xa2686984)

Profile for M. Palmer (Essex) > Reviews

Content by M. Palmer (Essex)

M. Palmer (Essex)

Cross Dressed to Kill
Cross Dressed to Kill
Price: 1.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Strange but enjoyable!, 8 Oct 2012
I liked this book a lot. A very easy read with good characters and an unpredictable plot. It's a strange and surreal story with a serial killer that you just can't help but like. But even though there is a dark side, I found myself laughing throughout. There are certainly shades of Alfred Hitchcock and Sweeney Todd going on, which makes this book a good parody. Probably not one for all you highbrow readers out there - a few people have commented on the typos, of which I spotted several, but I didn't let it spoil my enjoyment. It's also as cheap as chips on Kindle! Would highly recommend - it is a good black comedy thriller, and if it's that sort of thing you like, I would also recommend The Dealer by Tony Royden which offers up much of the same. I'm sure I will be reading more of Andrew Lucas' books.

Fifty Sheds of Grey: Erotica for the Not-too-modern Male
Fifty Sheds of Grey: Erotica for the Not-too-modern Male
Price: 0.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny but too short, 25 Sep 2012
Okay, there are some very funny moments in this book, but there are other hysterically funny (low priced) kindle reads out there that are way better value for money (ie Sleb by Andrew Holmes, Cross Dressed to Kill: The Hilarious Prize Winning Thriller by Andrew Lucas or the wonderful dark comedy The Dealer by Tony Royden).

Fifty Sheds of Grey is very short (finished it in a few hours) and made even shorter by a lot of unnecessarily large pictures of sheds. It did make me laugh - hence the 3 stars.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2013 4:03 PM GMT