Profile for nightnurse > Reviews

Content by nightnurse

nightnurse

Page: 1 | 2
Whispers Under Ground (PC Peter Grant Book Book 3)
Whispers Under Ground (PC Peter Grant Book Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars All the Rivers books are a great read and all can be enjoyed over and over ..., 4 May 2015
All the Rivers books are a great read and all can be enjoyed over and over again. Ben A has an inspired comedic touch

Rivers of London (PC Peter Grant Book Book 1)
Rivers of London (PC Peter Grant Book Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Rivers of London, 22 April 2015
I love this book so much that I have bought it twice. It gets better with each reading. Highly recommended.

Europe In Autumn
Europe In Autumn

5.0 out of 5 stars I haven't enjoyed a book as much as this one in quite ..., 17 April 2015
This review is from: Europe In Autumn (Kindle Edition)
Whatever your thought this book would be before you read it, it isn't. It at one and the same time takes us back to the picaresque origins of the novel and into the future of a fragmenting yet somehow still functioning Europe where maps can actually create something approximating to reality, if the right people only believe hard enough. The protagonist takes the reader to all sorts of vividly realised places they don't normally meet in the Western dominated genre, and just because the logic of the magical mystery tour is not immediately apparent does not mean the plot is not taught and the journey is not illuminating and entertaining. I haven't enjoyed a book as much as this one in quite some time and I recommend it unreservedly to anyone who wants something they have not read before. Oh yes, and Winter is coming...

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars Living in the Potterverse, 22 Feb. 2015
I always enjoy re-entering this magical, complete world and always feel sad when I reach the end of the stories. Can't wait for Magical Beasts!

Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows Book 3)
Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 18 Sept. 2014
With more twists and turns than a rollercoaster and barrelling along at the same speed, this is a page turner par excellence

THE PRICE OF EVERYTHING: an intense and atmospheric supernatural horror
THE PRICE OF EVERYTHING: an intense and atmospheric supernatural horror

5.0 out of 5 stars the Price of Everything, 29 Jun. 2014
A captivating start to a story that I could not put down. Highly recommended

Online HD Google Maps
Online HD Google Maps

3.0 out of 5 stars maps, 29 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Online HD Google Maps (App)
I found it difficult to see because I haven't yet figured out how to make the map go full size on the screen. Not very user friendly but still very useful

Standard Straight Wine Corks (Pack of 30)
Standard Straight Wine Corks (Pack of 30)
Offered by COSTWISE GROUP

1.0 out of 5 stars Corks, 20 Jun. 2014
These corks do not state whether they are presoaked or not. I shall have to decide when I open them but as I currently have no bottles to cork owing to a wrong delivery, I cannot feedback on their usefulness.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2015 11:40 AM BST

Filofax A5 London Underground Map
Filofax A5 London Underground Map

3.0 out of 5 stars underground map, 20 Jun. 2014
Useful as far as it goes. Annoyingly, it does not fit my filofax and does not show all the fare zones.

Filofax Personal London Street Map
Filofax Personal London Street Map

4.0 out of 5 stars filofax london maps, 20 Jun. 2014
Useful to have in my filofax although I was hoping for a fuller set of maps to include the major arterial routes through the city and suburbs

Page: 1 | 2