Profile for Matt > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Logic3 Valve 80 Hybrid Vacuum iPod Dock Amplifier with Remote Control
Logic3 Valve 80 Hybrid Vacuum iPod Dock Amplifier with Remote Control

5.0 out of 5 stars Was fantastic.. no longer the case, 6 Jan. 2011
Having purchased this unit after reading so many reviews praising it I was not disappointed. The sound is really good even with the cheap speakers that come with it. I also connected it to my TV and have had complaints from neighbours about the bass. Mind you, the speakers are on the shelf and not the floor so not too bad overall.

I also have to agree with other reviewers that the unit comes really well packaged, absolutely no room for movement, very well thought out.

Main issues are pretty much the same as everyone else has mentioned, the remote control is 2nd to none when it comes to being cheap. The battery compartment is awkward. The knobs are ridiculously overlooked when it comes to material.

However, my biggest let down is that around a month after purchasing it stopped charging either of my two iPhone 4s even though it happily did that before. It started slowly with the iPhone producing a sound of being connected to mains every few minutes suggesting it was charging/not charging/charging/etc. Now, it no longer charges at all. I have contacted Logic3 support and their answer was: the unit is not designed for an iPhone. Fair enough, but why the strange behaviour? I will need to get an iPod to make sure that it charges anything at all but so far not really happy with customer service, thus, the 3* review.

Is anyone else using it with an iPhone? Is it charging?

----------------------
Edit 24/02/2011

I have tested the unit with two iPods and as I suspected the issue had nothing to do with my iPhone, none of them were being charged. I have returned the item under warranty and a couple of weeks later they have sent me a new unit so it is back at 5 stars instead of three.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2011 12:24 AM GMT

Philips Series 7000 Body Groomer Pro TT2040/32 to Trim and Shave Body Hair
Philips Series 7000 Body Groomer Pro TT2040/32 to Trim and Shave Body Hair

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect upgrade of an already excellent product, 9 Dec. 2010
Having bought the original Bodygroom 4 years ago I have not looked back. I have even recommended it to one of my friends (not something blokes usually do. Talk about shaving that is.) Anyway, I was happy, my girlfriend was happy and even my friend was happy with it. But the the battery started to wear out and I broke the shaving head.. and decided to upgrade rather than pay ridiculous money for the shaver head.

It feels really solid in your hand, very good weight and feel to the rubber side plus brushed aluminium on the top. Surprisingly, it seems to be using the exact same shaver head as the original Bodygroom so I wasn't so pleased but I changed my mind once I used it. It now takes me half the time to shave compared to the old one and the battery seems to last forever. I have used it once weekly for around 10 minutes since beginning of September and have only charged it once it arrived and again some time at the end of October. Plus it tells you when the battery is running low so you don't have to guess when to charge it. Not too sure about the charging stand as it looks flimsy, cheap and childish to me. It's not like I would have it on display for everyone to see so it seems daft to me. A solid base where you could insert it vertically seems more appealing to me but then it does last long enough for me not be annoyed with the base unit.

If you are considering getting this over the traditional blades then stop thinking and get one, no more ingrown hair or irritated skin. Quick, easy and painless solution to hair removal below neck.

I cannot say anything about the trimmer as I have not used it or have any need for it but I see the appeal of having one in case I need to trim my side burns or so.

All in all a worthy and sensible upgrade to the Bodygroom product range. Keep them coming, Philips.

World of Data® Shaving Adaptor/PLug UK Standard
World of Data® Shaving Adaptor/PLug UK Standard
Offered by DNG Accessories UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and well built, 9 Dec. 2010
For just over £1 delivered you get a very well assembled piece of kit. What else can I say. Highly recommended.

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 1000 One-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush (Packaging Varies)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product for a very acceptable price, 9 Dec. 2010
I have been wanting to replace my old cheap Oral B toothbrush for a while now and was waiting for the usual 1/2 off and got this. I was looking at the more expensive models, read many reviews, etc, etc. However, in my view, this is the best of the bunch because with the more expensive ones you get the same speed, i.e. it is the same motor but you have an extra function like a 'daily clean' or some other thing you will never use.. Like a digital timer with a smiley face with the most 'professional' model, seriously? Let's be realistic, you brush your teeth the same way every day and most of us don't really like it that much anyway so different modes will be forgotten as soon as they are used.

What I really like about this model is that it 'tells' you after 30 seconds have passed so you know to move on to the next 1/4 of your mouth and then it 'tells' you when 2 minutes have passed so you know you're finished (Get that thing out your mouth, soldier!). I did not realized how much time I used to spend brushing my teeth before getting this and too much brushing isn't good for your teeth so very happy with that. Also, the 'you're pressing it too hard!!!' red light and noise is good for those who want to stripe off any enamel that's left on their teeth. I was happy to find out that I do not brush it hard enough to trigger the red light of death *whew*.

Very happy with the 'low battery indicator' too since now I don't have a nasty surprise mid brushing when the motor slows down to 5 RPM and I end up brushing manually instead of guiding the brush over my teeth.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth it, 9 Dec. 2010
Ever since I bought my girlfriend the Limited Edition bottle of this perfume she could not have enough. Even though the perfume is on the expensive side when it comes to fragrances it is really worth it, and remember this is not EDT but EDP so less diluted. Smells absolutely gorgeous and lasts for a really long time. The Extreme Edition is just crazy potent, you only need a tiny weeny drop to last all day and it is even dearer.. but if you can afford it - go for it. I know I would if I had the money.

I would compare this perfume with Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle in the way that if a girl likes the latter, she will most probably like these too. Very flowery, sweet and girly. Cannot recommend enough.

Fisual Chunky Reuseable Hook & Loop Cable Ties - 20 Pack Black
Fisual Chunky Reuseable Hook & Loop Cable Ties - 20 Pack Black
Offered by AudioVisual Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 9 Dec. 2010
Very pleased with these cable ties, you cannot see them as most of the cables are black nowadays and they blend in just perfectly. The fact that you can remove and reposition them any time makes them even better. I will definitely be buying more if I ever have any need for cable ties.

Professional Stainless Steel Short Oval Handled Cheese Knife- KCPROCK Kitchen Craft
Offered by This'n' That

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price - ideal, 16 Nov. 2010
It is a bit flimsy and cheapish but you cannot expect a Global knife while paying under £10 for it. I've washed it in the dishwasher a few times and there are no signs of rust. Would definitely recommend it for the price.

OXO Good Grips Y Peeler
OXO Good Grips Y Peeler

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product for an ever better price, 11 Jan. 2010
I have bought this just to prove a point to my girlfriend that peelers are much better than using a knife. She was very reluctant to try it out as all previous ones she used were blunt and akward. It took 2 minutes for her to fall in love with it, now I don't have to peel the potatoes even if I ask to do it.

Moreover, I have bought one for my mother, who has not used a peeler in over 40 years of cooking. She called me numerous times for the next couple of weeks to tell me how she enjoyed peeling vegetables every time she did it!

- Matt

La Cafetiere Stainless Steel Teapot, Silver
La Cafetiere Stainless Steel Teapot, Silver
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent teapot, 11 Jan. 2010
I have purchased this teapot over 6 months ago and am still excited about using it every time. The mesh is excellent, you would have to use very fine tea leaves. I love being able to see the colour of the tea through the glass so it never gets over-infused.

There is no small issue I have with it - it's the little bulb on top of the metal cap. It gets amazingly hot when you brew tea (obviously) and it is impossible to hold it down when pouring tea into a cup.

So if you don't mind using a tea towel when pouring tea this is an excellent product that I would recommend any time. I am actually thinking of getting another one for my office.

- Matt

OXO Good Grips Lemon Zester
OXO Good Grips Lemon Zester

5.0 out of 5 stars Am I using it wrong?, 11 Jan. 2010
I have purchased this over the weekend and had an initial go on an orange which was not too terrible after I applied a lot of strength. However, when I tried zesting a lemon nothing happened. I have tried moving up/down one way around and another and am just feeling stupid and not sure if it's me or the zester that's at fault. I cannot remove any skin whatsoever from a lemon no matter how hard I push the zester into the lemon. I will take a lemon with me and go back to the store and have someone to teach me how to zest (I am hoping the zester is faulty, otherwise I will be very embarrassed!). As for all other OXO products I would give them 5 stars as they are faultless.

-----

Edit:

Reading other people's reviews and having another few goes I have finally got the hang of it so it wasn't the product that was faulty but the user. It is probably the same thing as learning to use peeler for the first time, it doesn't seem to be working and the peel is too thick when you start but then you learn to curve it correctly and voila!

I have changed it back to a 5 star rating because it definitely does what it is supposed to do. Thanks for the comments, guys.

Matt
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2011 12:14 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2