Profile for C. S. Ines > Reviews

Good Mother, Bad Mother
Good Mother, Bad Mother
by Gina Ford

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 8 May 2006
"...For every person who believes fervently in demand feeding and co-sleeping, there is another who believes just as intensely in the opposite. The chances are that both will raise normal, happy children - yet both will go on believing that only their way is the correct one..."

If you are doubting about buying this book because you don't like/agree with Gina Ford's methods, don't be put off. This is not about being right or wrong. I am a very anxious mother when it comes to the care of my children. I've read every book around on parenting, because I feel the pressure to be the best mother I could be. I found this book thought provoking, moving and enlightening. It opened my mind towards a more relaxed approach to motherhood, and it helped me understand how mothering styles so different from mine, even opposite, can raise happy and contented children.

This book it is not only about you as a mum, but also about all the other mums in your life: your friends, your colleagues, your own mum, your mum's mum. Even if you don't have children, this book could help you improve your relationship with your own mum. It forces you to see through the eyes of many different women, and thanks to Gina's account of episodes of her childhood, through the eyes of their children.