Profile for ShadowCX > Reviews

Content by ShadowCX

ShadowCX (Derbyshire, UK)

Zyxel 500Mbps Micro Slimline Powerline Adapter (Twin Pack)
Zyxel 500Mbps Micro Slimline Powerline Adapter (Twin Pack)
Offered by 7dayshop Limited (VAT Registered)
Price: 21.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a reliable option!, 25 Nov 2013
Bought a pair of these units December 2012. One unit failed after 4 months, and Zyxels long-winded repair/replacement procedure took nearly a month to get a replacement. Today I discovered that the 2nd unit had now failed in exactly the same way as the first, so I don't expect to get a repair or replacement much before Christmas. I wouldn't mind, but the units have had only very occasional use for a very short time on a Windows PC, whereas I normally use an Ethernet connected Mac in another part of the house. The only saving grace is that the units have a 3 year guarantee, but if you're looking for reliability, on my experience, I'd look elsewhere!

Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro MD103B/A (Intel Quad-Core i7 2.3GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, HD Graphics 4000, NVIDIA GT 650M, OS X Lion)
Offered by INT Impex
Price: 1,435.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows PC? Not after moving over to a Mac!, 5 April 2013
Having only ever used PC's previously and being completely 'self-taught', I was a little apprehensive about moving over to a Mac, but I needn't have worried, as it was completely painless. I bought myself a new 21.5" Imac late last December, and was so impressed, I decided to get the Macbook for my Wife, since we both have an interest in Digital photography, and use Adobe Photoshop for image processing. Many of the experienced photographers in the club we joined recommended and used Macs, and we have to admit the image quality is better than we've experienced on PC's, so although an expensive exercise, we both feel it's money well spent. The Macbook runs cool, and the OS seems trouble free, which is more than can be said for Windows much of the time. Having got advice from an Apple store regarding what 'spec' Macs would most suit our needs, surprisingly, we were told that the basic 'spec' would meet our intended use, so no sales pressure there,- unfortunately, no discount either, which is why we bought via Amazon. We are both very pleased with our Macs

TP-Link TL-WA830RE 300Mbps Wireless N Range Extender
TP-Link TL-WA830RE 300Mbps Wireless N Range Extender
Offered by Buyur
Price: 17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% improvement in signal strength., 3 April 2013
I wasn't able to use the "Setup by button" procedure with this unit, as my router didn't have a "QSS/WPS" button, so had to set it up using the "Resource mini-CD" provided. Anyone with a Mac will probably find, as I did, that the Mac's "Superdrive" will not accept the mini-CD, and kept rejecting it. Fortunately I was able to use my Wife's old Windows laptop, which accepted the mini CD without problems, and using the programs "Easy Setup Assistant", configured the range extender in minutes. All that remained was to disconnect from mains and Windows laptop, reposition the range extender where required, (If you have an Android phone, download inSSIDer free from Playstore to your phone.) You can then use it to check signal strength around your home before and after installation of the range extender, and position it to get the best Wi-Fi signal where you intend to use your wireless device. All in all, an excellent and inexpensive unit, easily set up and unobtrusive in use. I'd recommend it unreservedly.

Krups Nespresso XN 7106 Citiz&Milk
Krups Nespresso XN 7106 Citiz&Milk
Offered by Ideabright Ltd
Price: 210.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Top machine for Cappucino/Latte, 19 July 2009
Bought as relacement for a DeLonghi, very compact with Aeroccino 'built-in' so no messing about with steam, and only one mains lead. We're not Espresso fans, we prefer Latte or Cappucino, and this machine is perfect for either. We pre-warm the glass with hot water before inserting the 'Nespresso' pod, starting the Aeroccino at the same time. Give it 30 seconds then empty the glass and press the coffee button. By the time the coffee has stopped, the Aeroccino is ready for adding the milk to it, no mess, and nice hot Latte. Cleaning's a doddle, just run a charge of hot water through it and dry off,-that's it. Nespresso pods are not the cheapest, but are good, and if there's a better machine than this Krups, then we've yet to find it. Sorry Amazon, but on this occasion, you're not the cheapest supplier!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2010 6:29 PM GMT