Profile for l3jog > Reviews

Content by l3jog

l3jog

GO! Fabric Cutting Dies-Strip Cutter 1-1/2"
GO! Fabric Cutting Dies-Strip Cutter 1-1/2"
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quilters Must-Have, 17 July 2015
I ordered this from BIC warehouse in the U.S. thinking it would take weeks to get here when in fact it arrived the following week. Very impressed with their service and I have now ordered two more. If you quilt then these strip cutters are indispensable. Highly recommended.

Vicious Circle (The Hector Cross Novels Book 2)
Vicious Circle (The Hector Cross Novels Book 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 28 Dec. 2014
Like so many other reviewers I've been a fan since the early 70's and have read all his books, except these Hector Cross, but after reading reviews I decided to skip the first and try the second ( it gives all the storyline of the first book anyway) and have just finished it. Well...... Yes it was quite badly written especially in the start, more like a novel written in the 1930's I thought. The story was good but in parts it was sickeningly violent, I don't like stuff like that and I felt quite ill afterwards!! In essence I agree with most other people in that it was so far inferior to his early works I can't believe it's his name on the cover! Who can forget the magnificent Sunbird or Sean Courtney in his prime? Yes - disappointing sadly.

ODIF 505 Temporary Spray Adhesive - 250ml
ODIF 505 Temporary Spray Adhesive - 250ml
Offered by Pandoras Upholstery

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Nov. 2014
Good product at good price promptly sent. Will reorder when needed

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Stops wastage, 4 Oct. 2014
Does what its supposed to - no more no less.

Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0 Book 2)
Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0 Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Light hearted and entertaining, 9 Sept. 2014
Have thoroughly enjoyed this light hearted romp of magic and time travel, both the books have been very entertaining. I shall certainly buy book 3 when it comes out and I will look for this author again.

The God-Stone War (Mageborn Book 4)
The God-Stone War (Mageborn Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good series - worth reading, 24 April 2014
Having just reread the series to refresh my memory before starting this penultimate chapter, I have to say that after an initial start that seems to be the standard for sword & sorcery tales - orphan boy suddenly comes into his magic and goes up in the world etc etc - the story developes interesting angles and the central character Mordecai turns into quite a likeable chap - bit dim at times but with a highly developed sense of protection for his family and friends that he uses to devastating effect. All in all, its a good story that will keep your attention and you will want to keep on reading. Having also just finished the final book, I enjoyed the series and would certainly recommend it whole heartedly.

Emperor of Thorns (The Broken Empire, Book 3)
Emperor of Thorns (The Broken Empire, Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars still reeling......., 30 Mar. 2014
Well - not too sure what to say! A very different story to the usual sword and sorcery, it certainly kept me reading, downloading books 2 & 3 immediately after finishing the preceding one. I've never read anything where the hero was a masochistic psychopath - and here's the twist - you actually like the guy and want him to win! I'm still getting my head around the ending, but if you want to read something really different from the usual poor orphan kid becomes ruler of the earth same old same old then this is the one for you. Awesome!!!

Vax Steam Mop S3S+ Upright Hard Floor Advance+ With Detergent
Vax Steam Mop S3S+ Upright Hard Floor Advance+ With Detergent

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little machine, 29 Dec. 2013
So far so good! Have 9 dogs and large kitchen with constantly dirty floor in the winter - was recommended this by a friend and yes it does what it says and cleans my tiled floor very well with mimimum effort. Overall very pleased and much easier than a mop and bucket.

Oaths of Blood: An Urban Fantasy Novel (The Ascension Series Book 2)
Oaths of Blood: An Urban Fantasy Novel (The Ascension Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing read, 11 Oct. 2013
Bought the first book on a £1 deal day - I don't normally read this sort of stuff - I'm more of a sword n sorcery sort of gal but the reviews were all good so thought I'd give it a go..... I've now downloaded the whole lot plus the spin offs! Thoroughly enjoyed the whole series, SM Reine not only captured my interest but has kept it through what? 12 or so books? Highly recommended if you like a satisfying series, well written with twists and turns, will be sad when I come to the end but I hear the new EK comes out in December.......

Lindam 28cm Universal Extension - white
Lindam 28cm Universal Extension - white

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmm...., 16 July 2013
Worked fine for 3 months but in spite of careful handling has now ceased to charge my phone completely. I guess you get what you pay for.