Profile for A. J. Hutchinson > Reviews

Content by A. J. Hutchinson

A. J. Hutchinson "spandau man" (south yorkshire, england)

Page: 1 | 2
1 Roll Gaffer tape White 48mm x 50m gaffa duct duck packing cloth book binding
1 Roll Gaffer tape White 48mm x 50m gaffa duct duck packing cloth book binding
Offered by PolyPostalBags

5.0 out of 5 stars you can't beep the quality, 23 April 2014
You can't beat the quality of Gaffa/duck tape. It has so much versatility and is tough as old boots.

I bought 4 rolls of this stuff

Will buy again

M6 Cage Nuts, Bolts & Washers for Rack Mount Equipment - Pack of 50 pieces
M6 Cage Nuts, Bolts & Washers for Rack Mount Equipment - Pack of 50 pieces
Offered by The LACH Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 23 April 2014
Came with just enough parts for what I needed. Does exactly what it says on the tin!

will buy again

SAAB Tax Disc Holder DOUBLE SIDE logo BLACK SERIES - 900, 9000, 9-3, 9-5, 96, 99, ALL SAAB

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely item, 23 April 2014
I like the disc holder very much thank you. Would recommend to other buyers.

A A A star thank you

LOCKING FUEL FILLER CAP FIT SAAB 9-5 1997 ON
LOCKING FUEL FILLER CAP FIT SAAB 9-5 1997 ON
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

2.0 out of 5 stars dissappointed at the ease of use, 23 April 2014
The key will often not turn the lock mechanism making it frustrating when at the pump trying to fill up. I've even sprayed WD40 on it but them you get your hands coated in the spray!

Saab Car Wheel Tyre Valve Dust Caps Covers Spanner Keying Set of 4
Saab Car Wheel Tyre Valve Dust Caps Covers Spanner Keying Set of 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 14 April 2014
This is a cool looking accessory and it also stops anyone fiddling around with your valve caps in an attempt to let tyres down

City of Life & Death [DVD]
City of Life & Death [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gao Yuanyuan
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking movie, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: City of Life & Death [DVD] (DVD)
The film description has already been outlined in the earlier reviews so I'll just stick to what I thought of it.

It's a long film (over 2 hours). The black and white filming/cinematography is superb.

The story is seen from all sides and is extremely thought-provoking and is I guess, as close to the true story as imaginable without going totally overboard.

However, bearing in mind the annihilation of 200,000 Chinese in a week, this should gives some comparison to the Nazi death-camps and hit home the sadness and shock of war. The systematic wiping out of the Chinese soldiers and more hard-hitting, the abuse, rape, and execution of citizens, particularly the "comfort women" is nothing short of heinous war crimes.

I understand there was a film prequel to this about John Rabe so I will endeavour to obtain a copy of that DVD for completeness of the story.

5 out of 5.

Sanctum [DVD]
Sanctum [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Roxburgh
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great film, 26 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Sanctum [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this movie last night a felt it was a slow start as each of the characters identified their roles and the relationships between each other.

The focal relationship being between father and son.

As the story developed it became more and more tense. The threat of drowning, the cold temperatures, the isolation and darkness, the decisions on who live and dies.

With utterly stunning photography and heart-wrenching dilemmas it took me to a place I don't think I could spend more than a few moments in despite its beauty.

Well done to the actors and actresses for strong performances.

The end story line behind the son and father is unimaginable.

!0 out of 10.

Grave Encounters [DVD]
Grave Encounters [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sean Rogerson
Offered by videosanddvds

4.0 out of 5 stars A good film which kept me watching throughout, 11 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Grave Encounters [DVD] (DVD)
This is the first in this horror genre (hand-held cam movie) that I've watched sat on my own in the dark!

A bit slow at the start and the acting wasn't much to write home about.

However, I liked the story line and the actual jump-out-of-your-seat bits were good and the disfigurement parts of the ghosts did put shivers down my spine to the point I put my hands in from of my eyes LOL.

Considering this was the first movie by these producers I'm interested to watch Grave Encounters 2 in the hope, like most sequels, it doesn't fall flat on its face!

For me I would watch it again and for this move 4 out of 5. Well done guys.

The Invasion [DVD] [2007]
The Invasion [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Nicole Kidman
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Daniel Craig - But not as we know him, 30 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Invasion [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I like the genre of alien and invasion genre films and I do like Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman.

Nicole plays a fairly good role and her acting ability is shown. Daniel is in the early stages of his acting career and this can be seen in this movie.

The film has a few good parts but in general it is boring and like a lot of films spends its usual amount of time on the story line then as the film reaches its climax, suddenly the end is acted out 5 minutes. The latter part of the film could have been extended to give a proper ending to the film.

I'd give it 2.5 marks out of 5. Sorry to sit on the fence but Nicole made up for the failures elsewhere in the movie.

Cannibal Ferox [DVD]
Cannibal Ferox [DVD]
Dvd ~ Giovanni Lombardo Radice
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought from Amazon but not watched it yet! It's Region 2 (UK), 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Cannibal Ferox [DVD] (DVD)
I've read the bad reviews on the region 2 version that is cut. Unfortunately I'm in the UK so I bought this version so its compatible with my DVD player.

If it proves to be worth a second view but of the Region 1 'uncut' version, can someone explain by what means I will be able to view the Region 1 disc as I believe its only compatible with USA DVD players??

Hit me with the Techno!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2013 10:29 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2