Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "OurManInBerko" (Berkhamsted, Herts, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Scrabble Board Game
Scrabble Board Game
Offered by Bargainmax Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic boardgame, 18 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Scrabble Board Game (Toy)
Our last Scrabble game was bought about 25 years ago. We've bought another one for our self-catering holiday cottage. Such a classic for sitting by the woodburner on an autumn or winter evening after a walk in the countryside and a good meal.

Bahco Laplander Folding Saw (396LAP)
Bahco Laplander Folding Saw (396LAP)
Offered by OlsenStore-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Saw-esome!, 10 Jun. 2012
I originally bought this saw for practising bushcraft with my nephew. But before I ever got to that it came in useful and performed brilliantly.

We own a smallholding, so I have a decent assortment of tools and saws, including a Stihl chainsaw. When an old willow tree was split asunder during a recent storm, I knew I had a big clear-up operation on my hands. Before I could do anything, I had to clear the track to one of our paddocks, which had been blocked by the fallen branches.

Now these are hardly 20-inch limbs of oak, but I didn't fancy having to tune up the chainsaw, lubricate it, check belt tension, etc, etc, etc, just to be able to get into my field. So with low expectations, but a highly refined lazy mindset, I lifted the Laplander from the tool rack.

Well, the results were quite astonishing. Saw-esome even! 4-inch greenwood limbs were dispensed with in a matter of seconds and in 20 minutes I had the track clear again.

The Laplander is extremely sharp, cuts effortlessly (even for a relatively short blade) and has been one of the most cost effective buys I have made on Amazon. It packs safely away, but is open in a trice, locking open with the same simple button with which it locks closed.

The Laplander is such a good saw, I used it again later in the day for a fencing job in the field--for a job I'd probably not have thought of using it for beforehand.

To be fair, I have no other pruning saw to compare the Laplander with, but I'd have no hesitation recommending this saw for pruning or bushcraft.

Nice one Bahco!

Toolzone Socket Nut Driver Adaptors for Drill 1/4", 3/8", 1/2"
Toolzone Socket Nut Driver Adaptors for Drill 1/4", 3/8", 1/2"
Offered by Megastore 247

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy interchange of my socket set bits, 28 May 2012
Good quality at a reasonable price. All my socket sets can be used with my drill now. I'm very happy!

Nuts/Bolts/Washers Stainless Steel M4x 12mm (Pack of 10) (Product Code - U-R361)
Offered by Hardware Shed Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb! You wouldn't believe how well the nut fits the bolt!, 28 May 2012
This has to be one of the best purchases I've made on Amazon. The pack included exactly the right number of nuts and bolts (10 of each) in the pack. What's more, they were all M4 x 12mm and made of stainless steel--as described. I used them to bolt two pieces of stainless steel together and the results are amazing. The nut turned beautifully on the bolt as it turned and a screwdriver was perfect for holding the bolt steady. To date, the pieces of metal are still joined. No complaints so far. Fingers crossed this purchase remains as good as it was on the day I received it! ;-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2013 7:41 PM BST

Victorinox Accessory - Quick Release Coupling with 2 Rings - Ref. 41835
Victorinox Accessory - Quick Release Coupling with 2 Rings - Ref. 41835

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I'm just a bit thick..., 15 Mar. 2012
...but this item came with no instructions and there is no obvious way (to me) to operate the quick release. So despite the positive reviews elsewhere, this is as good as useless.

(If anybody can explain, I'd be very grateful!)

Belkin F5L031cqWHT Bluetooth Mouse - White
Belkin F5L031cqWHT Bluetooth Mouse - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe the value for money!, 28 Feb. 2012
I ordered this Bluetooth mouse because I'm fed up a USB receiver hanging out of the edge of my laptop and worrying about whether it'll get snapped off. Anyway, the mouse arrived with a set up disk, although this isn't needed for Windows 7. (The package also includes two AAA batteries, which saved fumbling through the "man drawer" to find some.)

The styling as sleek and ergonomic. The mouse is white, so very compatible with Apple as far as looks are concerned. As a previous reviewer has said, it feels quite weighty and substantial and above all it worked straight out of the box. All you need to do is to make some configuration changes on the computer to set up the Bluetooth link. I wish I'd bought one earlier.

No reservations at all, and when you compare the price with some of the Bluetooth mice around, it's a real bargain.

Universal AC/DC MAINS POWER ADAPTOR 300MA 3/4.5/6/7.5/9/12 VOLT
Universal AC/DC MAINS POWER ADAPTOR 300MA 3/4.5/6/7.5/9/12 VOLT
Offered by UK Home & Garden Store Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh, no! Not again!, 25 Sept. 2011
Yes, I read the reviews. Yes, I realised there was a chance it might not work. But I thought I was one of those people that understood polarity (which I do) and everything would be ok. It wasn't. Same experience as so many other buyers: the light came on initially, but was dead after an hour.

I'm applying for a refund from KG Electronics. Let's see how that goes.

Bosch Rotak 40 Ergoflex Corded Rotary Lawnmower (40 cm Cutting Width)
Bosch Rotak 40 Ergoflex Corded Rotary Lawnmower (40 cm Cutting Width)

5.0 out of 5 stars A happy medium mower, 12 Aug. 2011
I can't fault this mower. It does exactly what it promises. With all due respect to previous reviewers (and maybe thanks to Bosch taking their feedback on board) I had no problems with assembly. The grass box stiffens up when its complete. The handle screws (probably self tappers) DO need some torque to get them fully home, but they lined up and tightened perfectly and everything was ready to go just 15 minutes after opening the box.

Having moved from a house with a large rectangular lawn to a one with a medium sized lawn and a number of fiddly flower beds, this is the perfect mower. I've traded the coarse power of a petrol self-propelled rotary mower for the nice stripes, clean cut, manoeuvrability and a fairly decent weight afforded by this electric/push Bosch. With the lawn's first short cut for over a year, the grass box fills quickly, but that's a reasonable price to pay for the good points of this machine. I only wish I'd bought the 43 instead of the 40.

To summarise, I found the Ergoflex 40 had all the positive attributes of previous reviews and none of the downsides.

Happy mowing, all!

The Money Machine: How the City Works
The Money Machine: How the City Works
by Philip Coggan

4.0 out of 5 stars Readable, up to date explanation of how the City works, 29 April 2011
Having worked in the City for 25 years, I bought this for a colleague who is just starting her exposure to financial services. Easily readable by Philip Coggan, journalist on the Financial Times, and with warts-and-all coverage (Madoff, credit crunch). Highly recommended.

WD Elements 1TB External Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0 - Black
WD Elements 1TB External Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, cinch to use. What more do you want to know?, 15 Mar. 2011
Bought this on the strength of price alone.

Worked instantly out of the box once converted to Windows 7. Full back up in a couple of clicks.

Would have preferred something less bulky, but perfectly OK for a desktop backup drive.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5