Profile for Vanessa > Reviews

Human Universe
Human Universe
by Professor Brian Cox

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Human Universe (Hardcover)
Its really what was expected = as good as the program

Clarks Katelina Bay, Women Court Shoes, Black (Black Sde), 6 UK (39.5 EU)
Clarks Katelina Bay, Women Court Shoes, Black (Black Sde), 6 UK (39.5 EU)
Offered by Clarks

5.0 out of 5 stars bit large but makes shoe more comfortable, 31 Dec. 2014
I found the shoe a bit on the large side but I think this is needed to make the shoes comfortable. I cannot wear high shoes at all so I bought this on other people reviews and I am not disappointed. shoes are so comfortable, I can wear them most of the day and usually anything over 2" I am dying to take off immediately. I think it is because of the height at the toe but Clarks shoes are comfortable.

The Whereabouts of Eneas McNulty
The Whereabouts of Eneas McNulty

1.0 out of 5 stars As an ardent reader of all historical books and a ..., 29 Dec. 2014
As an ardent reader of all historical books and a writer, I found this book hard to follow I thought his descriptions were forced and overused. The story didn't move for me at all. I have tried to read a few Barry books and the same experience with them as. I felt his use of writing was overwritten. I was really looking forward to this book because I know the R.I .C men were badly treated after independence. I felt he sometimes put any words together to describe something with no relevance to the picture he was trying to get the reader to see.

Lee Women's Scarlett Skinny Jeans, Pitch Black, W28/L33
Lee Women's Scarlett Skinny Jeans, Pitch Black, W28/L33

5.0 out of 5 stars great jeans, 19 Dec. 2014
great jeans

If You Can Talk, You Can Write: A Proven Program to Get You Writing & Keep You Writing

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book the concept is so simple, 19 Dec. 2014
Brilliant book the concept is so simple. If writing you have to rewrite anyway so the book says just get on it.

Show Don't Tell: The Ultimate Writers' Guide
Show Don't Tell: The Ultimate Writers' Guide

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Dec. 2014
Really good and I found it extremely helpful.

On Canaan's Side
On Canaan's Side
by Sebastian Barry

2.0 out of 5 stars ... but the sentences are so long and they are like a winding road, 19 Dec. 2014
This review is from: On Canaan's Side (Paperback)
I can appreciate some of the writing but the sentences are so long and they are like a winding road, you are waiting to go around the bend to see where they finish. I would find my mind wandering. I am not a fan of this type of writing. can't understand the reviews how great the book it. the story is good though.,

Ashes In The Wind
Ashes In The Wind

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book but I can understand other peoples criticism ..., 8 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Ashes In The Wind (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book but I can understand other peoples criticism of it moving between characters and new time frames without an introduction, but I love that type of writing. I liked the way the two main characters sort of reconciled at the end. I found the descriptive witting immersing me into the countryside. the history seems to e accurate as well..

Roget's Thesaurus of Words for Intellectuals: Synonyms, Antonyms, and Related Terms Every Smart Person Should Know How to Use
by David Olsen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ieas for writing essays, 11 Nov. 2014
Helpful book. Great ieas for writing essays.

Tell, Don't Show!
Tell, Don't Show!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Tell, Don't Show! (Kindle Edition)
Very informative, I found it broke down the fear of writing and if you just write, then worry about polishing the writing afterwards. Definitely recommend as direct and straight to the point.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6