Profile for Scott > Reviews

Content by Scott

Scott "a_nqe" (UK)

Solaris 10 The Complete Reference (Osborne Complete Reference Series)
Solaris 10 The Complete Reference (Osborne Complete Reference Series)
by Paul A. Watters

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, 7 April 2009
I was rather disappointed to find it lacking in Solaris specifics particularly as highlighted by others the specifics of Solaris 10's.

However if you put the name aside and the pretense that it is in anyway a complete reference then what you do have is a rather reader friendly introduction to Solaris that should encourage you to move onto more detail publishing's such as the Sun Certification Study Guides.

Then you could argue that missing out the juicy bits such as zones, service management and debugging then you've really missed out on some of Solaris 10's best features.

Overall good read had the name not promised so much.

Spaced Out - The Very Best of William Shatner & Leonard Nimoy
Spaced Out - The Very Best of William Shatner & Leonard Nimoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Few understand, 8 Sept. 2005
It was a love for the song 'Lucy (in the sky with diamonds)' that I braved the scared and concerned looks of my other half as a parted cash to buy this CD. All the while knowing that only William Shattner could sing it the way it needed not be sung. I think I may have been going too far when I turned up the cd player and started grinning like a mad fool as the room filled with his voice. Its a laugh, buy it for the satisfaction of knowing you own it. Hell play it enough and you'll eventually (though briefly) begin to actually enjoy it.

Dark Days
Dark Days

5.0 out of 5 stars Gonna be a classic, 30 Mar. 2004
This review is from: Dark Days (Audio CD)
This album is awsome, dark and heavy. For me its one of those albums that you just know is awome from the second you hit the play button. I liked Coal Chamber, and I loved Chamber Music, the meere suggestion that this album could be any less than awsome isn't beliveable. Because thats what it is, one of those albums that I expect to achieve the status of a classic.
I'm not gonna tell you to buy it, because you should already have hit the buy button by time you finished the first line. You really will enjoy this album.

We Will Be Dead Tomorrow
We Will Be Dead Tomorrow

5.0 out of 5 stars If I could give more I would, 30 Mar. 2004
Some albums always stand out as being awsome, they're the one's you put on and you feel the energy (no not because you just stuck your finger in the mains by mistake).
Everything about this album I love, Chronic Youth makes you wanna smash the place up. Then some good old hate from The Hate Song, because I hate the whole world or at least the parts I don't like.
As a followup to the awsome self titled debut, we will be dead tomorrow is a lot faster and energetic, but not at the cost of any quality. I'm not sure which of the two I preffer, maybe this one for its energy and speed, but raging speedhorn was slower and more emotive.
Thats my opinion for what its worth.

Sinner
Sinner

5.0 out of 5 stars A review, 10 Sept. 2003
This review is from: Sinner (Audio CD)
This is a stnning album, that seems to have been underrated. Bodies was the obvious hit off the album, but it doesn't do the rest of the album justice. Its a great piece of work with excellent atmosphere.