Profile for Sledd_68 > Reviews

Content by Sledd_68

Sledd_68 "Sledd68" (Brighton, UK)

BPS High Power Replacement LP-E8 LPE8 Battery Pack for Canon EOS 70D, EOS 60Da,EOS 60D, EOS 7D, EOS 6D ,EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 5D Mark III(Pack of 4)
Offered by bpsltduk

5.0 out of 5 stars Initial impressions positive, 3 Aug 2014
5 stars initial impression, will review at later date if my opinion changes.

Searching for a backup battery for my Canon 600D I came across this product. Initially I had doubts due to the low price, so read other reviews on here. It seemed that at least these batteries would provide a decent backup, if not matching the staying power of an original Canon. As I could purchase 3 for £20 inc delivery it seemed worth a risk vs £40 for 1 original Canon.

On arrival I charged all and, taking advice from another reviewer, removed the battery from the charger when it was showing fully charged, but then immediately placed it back in. All 3 charged for a further few minutes. Whether this is significant or not I cannot say as all 3 had the same treatment.

For test purposes I have used the 1st of the 3 (all are labelled) and used it as my primary battery. I mostly use my camera for insect macro in the field. The majority of shots are taken in Ap priority with manual focus. So far battery 1 has taken 428 exposures over 2 days. The battery was removed from the camera between sessions. At the end of the 2nd day it was still showing 3 bars.

Given the low cost I consider this a decent return.

I will amend the review if I have further info to report!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2014 2:51 PM BST

SanDisk SDCFH-004G-U46 4GB Ultra 30MB/s CompactFlash Memory Card
SanDisk SDCFH-004G-U46 4GB Ultra 30MB/s CompactFlash Memory Card
Offered by Espace-Disque

5.0 out of 5 stars Increased Speed, 28 May 2007
Bought this to replace a 1Gb Microdrive so I could shoot RAW files with my Fujifilm S9600. Thought that speed difference would be negligible as I presumed it was limited by the camera, however when it comes to reviewing shots (i.e. Read speed) scrolling is almost instantaneous, compared to a highly noticeable delay with the old card.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2008 9:40 PM BST

Norton Internet Security 2007 (PC)
Norton Internet Security 2007 (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Incclude Anti Spam, 10 Dec 2006
Just a warning for anyone like myself upgrading to IS 2007 from IS 2006, rather than renewing subscription, this version does not contain Norton Anti Spam. Apparently AS can be dled as a free add-on, but I have not been able to locate this on the horrendous maze that is the Symantec web site. Personally I'll solve the problem by changing my e-mail client to 'Thunderbird 1.5' which contains its own Spam filter..

Also be aware that if after install it reports your subscription not renewed, go to the activation page & re-activate, EVEN if the page reports your software as activated.

I would also recommend reading the reviews at Amazon.com, more comprehensive than those here, which will describe some compatability issues.

Thus far Norton IS 2007 appears to be working fine, of course the great thing is that it is updated alomst weekly so any bugs may be fixed 'on the fly' during your annual subscription.