Profile for B > Reviews

Content by B

B

BUY 2 GET 1 FREE Under Scarf Bonnet Tie Back Cap for Hijab Head Scarf Chemo Hat (black)
Offered by WHOLESALE PRICE DEALS

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Nov. 2014
Fast delivery and very good product (especially for the price).

Bangerz (Deluxe Version)
Bangerz (Deluxe Version)
Offered by Great Price Media EU

5.0 out of 5 stars A really strong album, 19 Oct. 2013
There isn't really a cohesive sound on this album but I like that, because I don't mind variety on pop albums. There are pop songs, hiphop, ballads, country and they all fit perfectly with each other. The album is called "Bangerz" because every song could be a single and I agree with that. Therefore, I will make a review of each song with my own opinions:

1. Adore You (9/10): This is a slow ballad that shows off Miley's strong vocals. I won't be surprised if this song will be popular at weddings because it's a really cute love song.

2. We Can't Stop (8/10): I don't think I need to explain this one. It was a good song for a first choice single - however, it's not in my top 3 of the best songs on the album.

3. SMS (Bangerz) feat. Britney Spears (7/10): You would think that the collaboration between the Pop Queen and the Pop Princess would be the best song of the album, but it isn't. It's not remarkable even though Miley's and Britney's voices are great together. It's like the song is unfinished and like it misses something. However, it's a good song for workouts.

4. 4◊4 feat. Nelly (7/10): This is a fun country track that celebrates Miley's Southern roots. It's like a more adult version of her Hannah Montana hit "Hoedown Throwdown".

5. My Darlin' feat. Future (8/10): This one had to grow on me, but I really love it now; it's a pretty love song.

6. Wrecking Ball (9/10): Miley's first #1 on Billboard - very well-deserved.

7. Love, Money, Party feat. Big Sean (7/10): Another fun song with silly lyrics. It's descent for workout but not a single choice.

8. #GETITRIGHT (10/10): This song is produced by Pharrell and you can recognize him on his unique beats; this one has a scratchy funk guitar with an amazing sound that won't leave your head. The lyrics are sexy and gives Miley a bad-girl braggadocio.

9. Drive (10/10): Another great ballad on the album. This is one of the songs that give you a picture of Miley's and former fiancé Liam Hemsworth's relationship because this song was written by Miley while she was working during Valentine's Day. You can tell that it was an emotionally hard time. The second verse in Drive is one of the best parts on the entire album.

10. FU feat. French Montana (10/10): Miley is mad in this song, really mad. There's almost a musical style in her voice when she drags her ex boyfriend for cheating and lying about it. After my first listen of the album, this one instantly became my favorite.

11. Do My Thang (8/10): Miley raps in this song and actually, she's not bad at it.

12. Maybe You're Right (9/10): Another song about Miley's former engagement. This is a really strong song, but the lyrics are heartbreaking at the same time. I will just leave a part of the lyrics here: "Yeah, I'm real emotional, blame it on your mental jokes, how much did you think that I could take? So much for taking this too far, you can't blame me for who I am. It's too late for us to try to be in love right now".

13. Someone Else (9/10): Also a song about love and breakup. "If you're looking for love, know that love don't live here anymore, he left with my heart, they both walked through that door, without me". Anyone who has been heartbroken can probably relate to the lyrics and the feeling of being 'someone else'. I like how the lyrics are strong but the beat is upbeat.

Deluxe version

14. Rooting For My Baby (10/10): This ballad could easily have made the standard album. It's about Miley rooting for her boyfriend and trying to understand his anger and mood swings. There's a really tragic feel to this song because you understand how much she wants the 'happily ever after' that she sings about (and the song was written by Miley and Pharrell while Miley was engaged) but at the same time you get really sad about their former relationship. "When you wake in the morning, and I can tell it's not your best side: no good morning, good day. I stay to the right if I know you're mad, and nonetheless, I stay out of your way".

15. On My Own (10/10): One of the best songs on the album and I don't understand how it didn't make the standard version as it could've easily be a hit single. The beat reminds me of a Michael Jackson song, Miley's voice sounds strong and it's just really good.

16. Hands in the Air feat. Ludacris (8/10): I haven't listened to this song that much (because I always go back to the other songs), but it's still decent and makes for a good song on the deluxe album! I would've expected a upbeat song because of the title but it's not.

I love how Miley has been involved with both writing the lyrics and producing the songs because it makes the album really authentic. She did an amazing job and I really adore this album.

Stars Dance
Stars Dance

1.0 out of 5 stars Incoherent, rudderless album, 19 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Stars Dance (Audio CD)
There's no "parental advisory logo" on the album cover, but this album is definitely not a good album for kids. The album starts with the song "Birthday" that features 16 seconds of what sounds like simulated sex. There are many songs that are sexing-up the lyrics just like the first single of the album "Come & Get It" which is about being ready for sex. It's stupid that they didn't put a parental advisory logo just to get more sales (and concert tickets). Even Miley Cyrus' new album Bangerz has this logo and the lyrics are not even sexy on that one compared to Stars Dance; there are just a few swearwords but that's not a problem because you can buy the non explicit version.

I can't take Selena Gomez seriously as a pop singer. There is too much autotune in her voice, and all the songs sound similar with their dance beats (however, a few of these are good like the title track 'Stars Dance' and 'Save The Day'). She has only co-written a few of the songs (I think it was 3 songs) and it just seems like she's not genuine about it. There's no trace of personality in the album, and it's like the album was given for her to wear, just like a stylist gives people clothes to wear.

The songs sound like they were meant for Britney Spears and Rihanna but weren't good enough for their albums. Especially "Like a Champion" sounds like a Rihanna reject, and it's ridiculous when a white girl like Selena Gomez sings it (yes, you can be Hispanic and white). She adopts a horrendous Jamaican patois during the chorus in this song, and don't even get me started on the Indian influences on "Come & Get It". That's cultural appropriation which really makes 'Stars Dance' an offensive album.

Selena Gomez is not a lyricist/songwriter or a musician so it's a problem when she tries to sell herself as a pop star. If she wants her acting career to be taken seriously, it would be a great idea to just stop with the music.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2014 9:08 PM BST