Profile for CLIVE > Reviews

I'm Still Standing
I'm Still Standing
Price: 4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars WARNING., 27 Aug 2013
The moment you pick up this book to read, you will be embarking on one of the scariest roller coaster rides of your life. Just when you think the journey is coming to an end, and you've held your hands up in the air, screaming at the top of your voice for the last time, there's yet another gut wrenching bend in the track, followed by a stomach-churning dip and a few more twist and turns to make your eyes water. Eventually you will come to the end as the little train you're in begins to slow down. With a sigh of relief, and trying to hold on your last meal,you will climb out of the crazy little car with a smile on your face, wiping your tears away with tissues and wearing a t-shirt with a huge red heart printed on the front of it. Let's hope you'll still be standing!

Omron M2 Basic Blood Pressure Monitor
Omron M2 Basic Blood Pressure Monitor
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars EVERY HOME SHOULD HAVE ONE!, 16 April 2013
Arrived today as promised. Excellent quality. Silent. Simple to use. Just ordered another one for the in-laws. Even if you don't suffer from high blood pressure now, you may do one day. A simple check every week could well improve your health and life expectancy. This little item could be a life-saver?

Is It Just Me?
Is It Just Me?
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilaire and brillo from start to finish., 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: Is It Just Me? (Kindle Edition)
If you love Miranda, you'll love this book. I now feel that I've found the 'big' sister I've always wanted. Such fun. Come round to my place any time for tea and derivatives. We have so much in common......except I'm short, a man.....and a cartoonist!

Fighting for Survival
Fighting for Survival
by Carey Brown
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars FIGHTING FOR SURVIVIAL by Carey Brown., 16 Jan 2008
This review is from: Fighting for Survival (Paperback)
The moment the pages of this book are opened, the scene is set and the journey begins. The author paints a colourful picture with his words along with often moving images of life as an evacuee during the Second World War. Fighting for Survival is a book written on three levels. A terrific adventure story for boys and girls, a poignant and nostalgic reminder of life at home during the war years for every adult that can remember those often dark days, and sandwiched inbetween, a fascinating informative and surprising history lesson for all. Carey Brown has researched his subject extremely well. He is a true wordsmith, and you will find it a very thought provoking read. You will emerge from the final chapter longing to read the next novel by this exciting new author.
A must read for all school children. A must read for anyone interested as to what life was like in Great Britain during the Second World War.

Narrow Dog To Carcassonne
Narrow Dog To Carcassonne
by Terry Darlington
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars BROKEN TEETH & HENRY MANCINI., 2 Sep 2006
From the moment I opened the book, it took over my life for the following 4 days. I was supposed to be bird watching on holiday in Spain, but instead I sat on the sun lounger sipping sangria, wishing I was on my Narrowboat 'Faith' enjoying the canal experience. I simply couldn't put it down. I loved the style of writing, the humour and Jim. He converted me to eating pork scratchings overnight. My dentist would like a word with him. If I could give the book 10 stars, I wouldn't hesitate. Can't wait to read about their next adventure on the high canals. By the way, did you know that Jim can sing Moon River?