Profile for C. Watmough > Reviews

48:13
48:13
Price: 8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Kasabian getting back to their roots, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: 48:13 (Audio CD)
If you've heard the track 'Eeez-eh' then please don't think that the rest of this album follows in a similar vain (it really is a terrible song). You would be missing out.
There are a lot more electronic sounds on this LP, almost a throw-back to their brilliant debut, with interludes throughout. Stand out tracks for me are 'Bumblebee', 'Doomsday' and 'Treat'. An improvement over 'Velociraptor' and certainly a step in the right direction.

LG 32LN5400 32-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV with Freeview, Intelligent Sensor and HDMI Connectivity (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good all round TV, 19 Feb 2014
I purchased this LG to replace a 7 year old Panasonic TV which for my room was slighlty too small (26").
One thing that struck me when I had the LG up and running was the picture quality - very crisp and clear, with good colours and detail (although I did have to spend some time calibrating the set).
DVD's and Blurays look fantastic (it is a full 1080p TV) but I have yet to try it with games on my PS3.
The only issue that I have is the sound quality - compared to my previous Panasonic, the sound is very thin and tinny. I have overcome this somewhat by tweaking the audio settings, but it could still do with some more 'body' to the sound.
Overall though, I am pleased with this TV - and the fact it only cost 179 makes it a bargain.

AM
AM
Price: 7.00

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok..., 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
Don't get me wrong, lyrically Alex Turner is right up there, and there are a few really good tracks on this album, but overall there is nothing about it that really stands out... I guess to my ears it didn't live up to the hype or the rave reviews (#1 Album of 2013 according to NME... really?). I'm not expecting anything like their debut album, or 'Your Favourite Worst Nightmare', but after numerous listens it's all just a bit 'meh'.

Sony BDPS1100 Smart Blu-ray Disc Player
Sony BDPS1100 Smart Blu-ray Disc Player

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant budget player, 9 Jan 2014
I chose this model as I didn't want all of the frills and needed a compact player due to limited space.

Firstly, the unit is very compact and light, but feels well built.

It's very easy to set up - just a HDMI cable into the TV, and an ethernet cable into the router.

The picture quailty is very good - it also upscales DVD's - a big step up from my old Panasonic DVD player.

The online content is also good, YouTube videos look much better than I expected.

All in all a great budget player and for less than 50 a bargain.

Torus
Torus
Price: 7.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Great album from Sub Focus, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Torus (Audio CD)
A more commercial sound than 'Sub Focus' but still a great album. 'Tidal Wave' is my favourite track so far. Highly recommended.

Cambridge Audio MINX GO Bluetooth Active
Cambridge Audio MINX GO Bluetooth Active

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bluetooth Speaker, 7 Jan 2014
I have only had this item for a couple of days, but so far I am very impressed. It looks smart, and has a very suprising sound for such a small speaker - it fills a small to medium sized room easily and the sound quality is good. I have had no issues with pairing my Samsung Galaxy MP3 player and no background noise/hiss as described in a few other posts. All in all very happy with this product.

Like Clockwork
Like Clockwork
Price: 8.84

4.0 out of 5 stars A very strong album, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Like Clockwork (Audio CD)
Great album by QOTSA. The best record they have put out since 'Songs for the Deaf'. Pretty much every track stands out - this is one of my favourite albums of 2013.

Pacific Rim [DVD + UV Copy] [2013]
Pacific Rim [DVD + UV Copy] [2013]
Dvd ~ Idris Elba
Price: 5.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Robots Vs Monsters. What more do you need?!, 30 Dec 2013
Yes, most of the characters are cheesy. And the plot is wafer thin. But the CGI is amazing, the fights scenes are epic and I can't think of a better film this year to just sit down, switch off and enjoy for the sheer scale and madness of it all.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2014 5:22 AM GMT

Samsung Galaxy S 8GB Wi-Fi MP3 Player with 4.2 inch Display - White (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent audio player, 16 Dec 2013
I have had my Samsung Galaxy S for nearly a year now, and I use it every single day for browsing the internet and playing music.

It does everything that I need very well, and even though it only runs the Gingerbread version of Android (which is very old by today's standards!) it still runs smoothly and with very little lag. I have on occasion had experiences using YouTube when exiting the app and the player has crashed, but aside from that it has been very reliable.

For the price I paid for it back in January (it was 79 then) it's an absoulte steal - there is no need to spend so much on an iPod Touch that doesn't do anything better.

Melophobia
Melophobia
Price: 15.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs time to grow on me..., 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: Melophobia (Audio CD)
Not as immediate as their debut or Thank You Happy Birthday but not bad - my favourite track so far is "Come a little closer". Needs time to grow, I think.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3