Profile for Old pharmacist > Reviews

Content by Old pharmacist

Old pharmacist

Page: 1 | 2
Murder on the Orient Express (Poirot) (Hercule Poirot Series Book 10)
Murder on the Orient Express (Poirot) (Hercule Poirot Series Book 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Oct 2014
Enjoyed this immensely , must be the only person in the country who didn't know the end !!

Disney Pixar Cars Pyjamas Official Licensed Full Length Snuggle Fit Cotton Pyjama Set (2-3 Years)
Offered by Kiddies Wardrobe

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 20 Oct 2014
Really good buy, my grandson loves them !!

The Blue Afternoon
The Blue Afternoon

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine informative story, 26 Mar 2014
I loved this book. As usual Mr Boyd includes subjects that one wouldn't normally think about. In this case it's Architecture, the Philippines and it's history, early aseptic surgery techniques and the beginnings of manned flight. So not only is the story excellent and unusual, but after finishing the book I felt I had learnt something new. This is a constant theme in William Boyd's novels and is the reason I value them so highly

Brazzaville Beach
Brazzaville Beach

4.0 out of 5 stars Usual quality but a strange mix !!, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Brazzaville Beach (Kindle Edition)
I have been working my way the William Boyd's novels, and got slightly stuck to start with. As usual a wide variety of
situations is presented to the reader , and as usual I learnt a lot about subjects I wouldn't normally be interested in.
This , in my opinion , is the beauty of William Boyd's books. A learning experience interwoven into a good story line
As a result , I would never criticise his work, because once I have finished the book, I think to myself that I am a more knowledgeable person than I would have been if I had not bothered!
As a result I can understand why some people widely differ in their opinions of his various novels. I would love to ask Mr Boyd if education of his readers plays an important part in the reason for being a novelist. As well as the money of course !!

A Good Man in Africa
A Good Man in Africa

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book, 12 Mar 2014
This is without doubt one of the funniest books I have ever read. You always learn something new when you read William Boyd and his description of post colonial Africa was informative and hugely entertaining ! The humour wouldn't be for everyone , but I loved it.

Tiger Music GAC42 3m Jack to Angled Jack Guitar Lead Cable
Tiger Music GAC42 3m Jack to Angled Jack Guitar Lead Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery, 12 Mar 2014
What can you say about a lead except that it does the job. I do not use my guitar outside the house, so this was a good value product. Ideal !!

HypaBand Cohesive Bandages Non Woven- 5cm x 4.5m (Pack of 10)
HypaBand Cohesive Bandages Non Woven- 5cm x 4.5m (Pack of 10)
Offered by Allsport Medical

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product and quick delivery, 12 Mar 2014
They are good quality bandages at an affordable price. My son has a sports injury an does manual work, so the saving has been invaluable . Thanks !!

Rockburn 10 Watt Practice Amplifier for Electric Guitar
Rockburn 10 Watt Practice Amplifier for Electric Guitar

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and compact, 4 Feb 2014
I bought this because I was getting bad results playing my guitar through my iMac . This does the job perfectly, and being very much a beginner, I have no wish to disturb the neighbours !! The headphones option also works really well , and I can highly recommend it. Quick delivery as well!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and practical, 4 Feb 2014
I am very pleased with this holder for my wife's kindle. She finds it gives good protection and is light and comfortable

Spearmark Frog Comfort Light
Spearmark Frog Comfort Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value quick delivery, 4 Feb 2014
Very pleased with this purchase, does the job and my grandson loves it ! Not really much more to say !

Page: 1 | 2