Profile for shirleyann@cowdens.freeserve.co.uk > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Birthday T Shirt Vintage 1961 Purple T - Lilac Print Shaped M 32 - 34
Birthday T Shirt Vintage 1961 Purple T - Lilac Print Shaped M 32 - 34

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely shirt, 9 July 2014
I gave this shirt 4 stars as it's the colour I wanted, the material is good, and the slogan is great fun. You give up your vanity when you wear one of these of course as the world knows your age! It took a week or so to come but that was fine. I haven't washed it yet so can't comment on colour fastness yet but I expect it to be fine. All in all, I would recommend this shirt if you want to reveal your vintage and why not?!!

Patchwork Pink Bedspread Quilted Comforter Throw Double Bed Floral Classic
Patchwork Pink Bedspread Quilted Comforter Throw Double Bed Floral Classic

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for warm nights!, 8 Mar 2014
Or if you are having night sweats! Gorgeous pink colour swatches sewn together make it very pretty and feminine too. But if you feel cold in bed then you will need to get something heavier. Delivery was very quick as well so can't rarte product or trader high enough.

Kipling Women's Defea Shoulder Bag, Brown Heather
Kipling Women's Defea Shoulder Bag, Brown Heather

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bag!, 7 Feb 2014
I totally recommend this bag. I've never had a kipling before but I am glad I decided to try one. The fabric is a lovely canvas material which has little sparkles through it. It has loads of room and various compartments too. Received it really quickly too. Go for it!

House - Season 1 (Hugh Laurie) [DVD]
House - Season 1 (Hugh Laurie) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Laurie

5.0 out of 5 stars The most intelligent medical drama in years., 28 Aug 2013
House isn't a character that had been written to make the audience love him, in fact, on the surface he's rude, arrogant and selfish but he has a brilliant mind and can solve medical mysteries that no one else can. His team struggle to deal with his personality but they come to realise that if he were any different he wouldn't be able to be the brilliant diagnostic mind that he is. The supporting cast are excellent and the stories unusual and different, although as the years goes on the programme becomes very formalistic. But this is season one when everything was shiny new and gripping so do yourself a favour, buy it!! It's worth the money for Hugh Laurie's performance alone..

Grey's Anatomy - Season 1 - Collectors' Edition [DVD]
Grey's Anatomy - Season 1 - Collectors' Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ellen Pompeo

4.0 out of 5 stars Hooked already!, 28 Aug 2013
I wasn't sure that I would like Greys Anatomy but having completed my Dexter box set I needed something else to bring me some enjoyment when I relax in front if the TV. I have to say GA is no Dexter but is entertaining and addictive. The characters are interesting and you find yourself caring about their stories. The stories aren't always that original and its not a patch on House, but the acting is good and I enjoyed following the interns on their individual journeys through their first year training to be surgeons. It's the sort of medical drama which will probably appeal to the ladies more than men due to the romantic slant to the interplay between the characters and dreamy male leads but there's nothing wrong with that. The show is still going after ten seasons so it obviously has a lot going for it,

Terrapin Branded Leopard Fur Pocket Case for iPhone 5S
Terrapin Branded Leopard Fur Pocket Case for iPhone 5S

4.0 out of 5 stars Rather nice, 28 Aug 2013
This leopard fur iphone 5 case is pretty cool to look at but does the job but I abandoned it within a few days as I felt the phone was too tightly encased and getting it out quickly to answer a call was difficult. It might have stretched with more use however!

Girl Least Likely To: 30 Years of Fashion, Fasting and Fleet Street
Girl Least Likely To: 30 Years of Fashion, Fasting and Fleet Street
by Liz Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather disappointing., 28 Aug 2013
I am a follower of Liz Jones weekly column and enjoy her articles in various publications. We have a few things in common so I eagerly looked forward to reading her biography but it was a real let down. The stories related by Liz were unexciting and revealed very little of the reasons why she is the way she is. The tales of her various jaunts to fashion events or falling outs with other writers were frankly dull and I felt I had read a lot of it before. Don't buy this book if you are hoping to really delve in to Ms Jones' psyche as she doesn't reveal anything which she hasn't done before. Her anorexia, for example, is certainly referred to in the book, but the reason why she still suffers from the condition in her 50's or why she has been so horribly insecure her entire life isn't really gone in to, merely referred to as a statement of fact. I ended the book not knowing any more about Liz, a complex and rather tortured individual, rather I had when I started it.

The Eco Bath Epsom Salt Soak Relaxing 250g
The Eco Bath Epsom Salt Soak Relaxing 250g
Offered by 123 Health Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as I hoped., 28 Aug 2013
I received the salts fairly quickly and they came well packed in a nice box. I added them to my bath as instructed but I am sorry to say that my aches and pains didn't feel any easier afterwards. I have a painful muscular condition called Fibromyalgia so I had high hoped of gaining some relief after using the salts but I noticed no difference whatsoever. Neither did I experience any detox effects. I'm not blaming this particular product for this- it may well be that Epsom salts just don't do it for me but might work very well for others.

A
A
Offered by Bee-Entertained

4.0 out of 5 stars She's back!, 23 July 2013
This review is from: A (Audio CD)
...and as good as ever. After a long break, Agnetha has returned to recording and I, for one, am very glad that she did. Her choice of material is spot on, light, catchy pop songs that stick in your mind and that you find yourself singing a long to. Not the whole CD is frothy pop, however, Agnetha also throws in a couple of very heart felt ballads which will touch your soul. Her duet with Gary Barlow is excellent as one would expect. Agnetha's voice is as strong and affecting as ever. I would recommend this album not just to Abba fans but to anyone who appreciates good music.

Sane New World: Taming the Mind
Sane New World: Taming the Mind
by Ruby Wax

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read for those with mental health issues!, 23 July 2013
Ruby Wax doesn't come over as a very likeable person in this book- she admits to both professional and private fits of jealousy and doesn't like others to do better than her, even envious of get own children being more popular in school than she was. Miss Wax claims to be bipolar but mentions hearing voices a lot which I thought was more likely to be down to Schizophrenia. Anyway, the book is full of excellent advice on how to cope with mental health problems rather than being a biography of the author. Miss Wax has really studied the mind and how best to cope when it goes wrong, much of what she says makes a lot of sense and I can see this book becoming invaluable in years to come as a guide to those who must fight their mental demons daily. It explains in a straight forward manner coping strategies and why the mind goes wrong. Nothing is shoved down the readers throat- Ruby makes it clear that if her methods don't work for you then try something else but I think it would be worth while for those with mental health issues to give this excellent book a read. You might just find the answers you seek inside.

Page: 1 | 2