Profile for Jonathan Lomax > Reviews

Content by Jonathan Lomax

Jonathan Lomax (London)

Olympus LC-37C Auto Lens Cap for M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 EZ Lens - Silver
Price: 31.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice bit of plastic - for an absurd price, 12 May 2014
This undoubtedly makes the experience of using the new Olympus EZ lens ever so slightly simpler. But when you get it out of the box you can't help but be overwhelmed by the fact that you have just spent 40 on a very small piece of plastic. I had convinced myself that surely it would be more complicated than I thought, and I don't mind paying a premium for good design, but I'm afraid the cost of this lens cap really does stick in the throat.

Bose ® SoundLink ® Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II - Matte Finish/Dark Grey Nylon Cover

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound - but already had to be sent for repair, 4 Oct. 2013
In terms of sound quality this product can't be faulted. It provides a richer sound than you can possibly imagine from a speaker of its size, including very punchy bass.

However, as of yesterday I'm waiting for labels to send this back to Bose (in Belgium of all places). First of all it stopped connecting with my devices, a problem fixed by looking on the web for tips. Then the unit stopped holding a charge and then it finally stopped making any sounds, even when connected to my phone with an auxiliary cable. I've had it for ten months but as it's very much a secondary device it may well have been used for no more than 20-30 hours.

Anything can go wrong, I suppose, but at nearly 250 just for a speaker you'd rather hope not. I was dealt with by a very nice woman on Bose's helpline, but I would have been much happier if Bose had replaced the unit - as it is I have to send away and wait for 'up to 14 days' for it to be fixed.

This is the first Bose product I've bought and I had been looking at others (particularly the Wave) but will now be looking elsewhere.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2014 9:13 AM GMT