Profile for N. Raymond > Reviews

Content by N. Raymond

N. Raymond

Kitty Peck and the Music Hall Murders (Kitty Peck Series Book 1)
Kitty Peck and the Music Hall Murders (Kitty Peck Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good read., 13 April 2015
Highly enjoyable. I love tales set in this era especially when they evoke the feel and visions of it so clearly!

100 X SHEETS BLANK WHITE A4 LABELS 4 PER SHEET L7169 J8169
100 X SHEETS BLANK WHITE A4 LABELS 4 PER SHEET L7169 J8169
Offered by Labels4u

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value., 14 Feb. 2015
Hard to beat at the price and worked fine for me for postage labels.Used with laser printer.

ELEPHANT MOON
ELEPHANT MOON

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, a glimpse into Burma's colonial past, 30 Nov. 2014
This review is from: ELEPHANT MOON (Kindle Edition)
Wonderful book, a glimpse into Burma's colonial past, totally absorbing and a great story by an author that really knows this part of the world. Would make a great film.

Princes Gate
Princes Gate

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspector Troy books are inevitable but I enjoyed it regardless and would be happy to read more ..., 25 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Princes Gate (Kindle Edition)
I thought it evoked the atmosphere of wartime London well. Comparisons with the John Lawton, Inspector Troy books are inevitable but I enjoyed it regardless and would be happy to read more by the same author.

When AdWords is EXPENSIVE...: A simple formula for more leads at lower cost in less time

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a DIY manual., 2 Aug. 2014
I knew little about Google AdWords when I started this book except that if they are not managed correctly they can prove to be expensive, after reading it all I knew about Google AdWords was that if not managed correctly they can be expensive. If you want to know about the mechanics behind AdWords this is not the book for you.

Buffalo Stainless Steel Meat Mincer, 350 Watt
Buffalo Stainless Steel Meat Mincer, 350 Watt

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough..., 3 Jan. 2014
This just doesn't make the grade. Total power is not all there is to a mincer if the motor and gearing is of the right quality, but this is not the case here. The mincer really strained and got hot with it. However even if it had worked better the noise was unbearable, mincers are always noisy but this was comparable to a floor sander. Returned it to Amazon.

Lonely Planet Thai Phrasebook & Dictionary (Lonely Planet Phrasebook: Thai)
Lonely Planet Thai Phrasebook & Dictionary (Lonely Planet Phrasebook: Thai)
by Lonely Planet

1.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself the bother..., 23 Mar. 2013
I did not buy this, would have been quite pointless as I lived and worked in Thailand for 12 years and am reasonably fluent in the language. However my niece did buy it for an upcoming trip and then thought she would try it out on me. I've had root canal treatment that was less painful. Transliteration (using the Roman alphabet to represent Thai) can never work for the Thai language because many of the sounds in Thai cannot be reproduced in the Roman alphabet phonetically. This is not a criticism of this particular Thai phrase-book but of all of them. Learn the language using an audio method or stick to English. Thai's are nice people, don't inflict this upon them. Noticeable that previous reviews were by people who were yet to find out just how hopeless this would be. :-)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2014 12:50 PM BST

Genuine HTC Desire Screen Protector SP P360
Genuine HTC Desire Screen Protector SP P360
Offered by Electric Blush

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful., 25 Nov. 2010
Why on earth would anyone want a screen protector for the Desire with a slot and hole cut into it ? Wish I had read some of the other reviews, thought I did, maybe I went back and clicked on the wrong product. Even so thought I would grin and bear it whilst ordering somewhere else and put up with this in the meantime, some chance ! I reckon I'm pretty good at applying screen protectors but this defeated me, bubbles galore to add to the unsightly cut-outs. Waste of time and money.

Rules of Vengeance
Rules of Vengeance
by Christopher Reich

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly researched., 17 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Rules of Vengeance (Paperback)
If your British and especially a Londoner you may well find the inaccuracies so annoying you give up on the book as I have. A Lieutenant is not a rank in the Metropolitan Police, the Bakerloo Line does not go through Green Park etc. All that by page 62 which was when I gave up knowing that I would find it evermore frustrating.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2010 12:02 AM BST

Visibility
Visibility
by Boris Starling

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect,...., 4 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Visibility (Paperback)
In terms of atmosphere I thought this book had it all, good storyline. I didn't even mind that the research wasn't quite as meticulous as other reviewers would have me believe, transistor radios hadn't been invented and The Royal Free hospital didn't exist at that location at the time. When someone writes this good who cares!