Profile for Mrs. J. L. Winter > Reviews

Content by Mrs. J. L. Winter

Mrs. J. L. Winter

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional item, 17 Feb 2010
The press up grips are excellent value for money. Once you get used to the arm positioning then they are so easy to use and maximum effect can be had. I used to be a gym instructor and wish these had been around when I taught as they make sure the press up is done correctly as so many people actually get it wrong. Great value for money.

Longy: Booze, Brawls, Sex and Scandal - The Autobiography of the Wild Man of Rugby League
by Sean Long

5.0 out of 5 stars GOT A FACE LIKED A DROPPED PIE !!!, 7 Oct 2009
BOOZE,BRAWLS,SEX AND SCANDAL- THE TITLE SAYS IT ALL !!!

THIS IS A NO HOLDS BARRED AUTOBIOGRAPHY. SOME OF THE REVELATIONS ARE SHOCKING AND WILL NO DOUBT CAUSE A STIR AT RED HALL, WIGAN AND ST HELENS. I FOUND THE BOOK TO BE AT TIMES LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY. AT OTHER TIMES IT HAD ME SQUIRMING IN MY SEAT EMBARRASSED FOR ALL AND SUNDRY WHO HE HAS WRITTEN ABOUT. I CAN JUST IMAGINE LONGY RECALLING HIS WILD DAYS.I HOPE HIS FAMILY AND MATES ARE STILL TALKING TO HIM! I AM NOT A FAN OF ST HELENS OR INDEED SEAN LONG BUT I AM A RUGBY LEAGUE FAN AND FEEL THAT THIS BOOK IS A MUST FOR NOT ONLY THE OVAL BALL FOLLOWERS BUT SPORT FANS IN GENERAL. IT IS WRITTEN WITH HONESTY AND HUMOUR, HE DOES NOT BORE THE READER WITH LOADS OF STATS, FACTS AND FIGURES BUT AS THEY SAY IT DOES EXACTLY AS IT SAYS ON THE TIN !!

League Of Their Own 2: Warriors Down Under
League Of Their Own 2: Warriors Down Under
Dvd ~ League of Their Own II
Offered by A2Z Entertains
Price: 7.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Rather be in Blackpool than Bondai !!!, 8 Jan 2009
Having bought the previous Dvd which I thought was great, I was not disappointed with this one. The passion,sweat, blood and tears is there for all to see.
This is a great behind the scenes dvd watching the lads live and breathe rugby league. Jamie Peacock is not the most articulate of people, but this doesn't matter. This guy is outstanding and if you're going into battle, you want him leading you. He enthuses passion and pride for rugby league and his country. After seeing this DVD, there is no way that the commitment given by these lads was anything but 100%. As well as the 'fight' on the pitch they also had to 'fight' the press everyday. Not easy for these guys who are not used to being hounded and abused by the press. A few life lessons learnt!!!!
This a must for all rugby league fans!!!

Godard Don't Drink & Draw: The Art and Life of Michael Godard
Godard Don't Drink & Draw: The Art and Life of Michael Godard
by Enfantino Publishing

5.0 out of 5 stars OH MY GODARD !!!, 8 Jan 2009
This guy is a genius of our times. His work is unbelievable. His shop in Miracle Mile shops in Las Vegas (Oh My Godard) is absolutely stunning.

My son loves his work. He has even done a presentation about his life and work at college and his teacher, who incidentally had never heard of the great man, was absolutely gobsmacked.

The book showcases lots of his paintings and art, but there is only limited information about his life. The guy has had it rough and only wants us to know the bare minimum.

This book is a great buy and is a real talking point with anyone who happens to see it. Buy it, it may be the only way you cant get hold of his work, his paintings have skyrocketed in price. He is now Americas no 1 selling artist.

Standing Tall: The Tawera Nikau Story
Standing Tall: The Tawera Nikau Story
by Richard Becht

5.0 out of 5 stars One of this country's best rugby league imports., 8 Jan 2009
It's quite a while since I read this book, but I remember it well. As a Cas Tigers fan, I thought 'T' was awesome (an overused word but correctly applied here !)

Nikau was a character both on and off the field. His rugby career is well documented in this book, along with the sadness, heartache and good times.

This book is a must for all rugby league fans, as well as any sports fans. This account of his life and playing career is well written and easy to read. 'T' doesn't need to blow his own trumpet, his work on the field did that for him. It was a pleasure to watch him play and a privilege to get an insight into the guy he is off the field.

Andrew Johns: The Two of Me
Andrew Johns: The Two of Me
by Andrew Johns

5.0 out of 5 stars STAND UP FOR THE MIGHTY JOEY JOHNS, 5 May 2008
Absolutely brilliant! The love of the greatest game in the world and the passion for rugby league flows through this book along with the sadness and heartbreak. I loved watching Johns play and cannot believe what he has been through in order to give us, the fans, such fantastic memories. I'e always admired him but after reading this I think the guy is on another level. He has made many mistakes, but owns up to them and this book is written with such intensity I could not bear to put it down. Definitely the best sports biography I have ever read, this is why I have written this review. If you buy one book this decade, make it this one!