Profile for HooverDoover > Reviews

Content by HooverDoover

HooverDoover (London, United Kingdom)

Kärcher K2 Compact Home Air-Cooled Pressure Washer
Kärcher K2 Compact Home Air-Cooled Pressure Washer

3.0 out of 5 stars Kärcher Should Not Be Rewarded With Five Stars For This Power Washer, 18 Jun. 2015
It's great to have a power washer--mine was a Christmas gift and I've used it several times over the last six months and am ready to write a review on it.

The results of using the washer are fantastic. It's powerful, easy to use once everything is set up, and well worth the price. It's rewarding and fun to squirt the moss, algae, and grunge off the concrete and walls.

I find, however, that the machine is a right pain in the backside to store and set it up. When I use the Kärcher, I automatically say out loud like a mantra, "Kärcher is NOT Dyson. Kärcher is NOT Dyson." The electrical cord must be wrapped around a too-short plastic housing in order for it to be stored. In 2015 there should be a retractable cord. The industrial strength hose which conducts the water to the nozzles is made of one of the most annoying, low flexibility materials there are. There is no "place" for this hose to be neatly or conveniently wrapped or stored; it must simply wrap around the entire machine--and good luck trying to wrestle with the kinks and bends of the unruly hose. When you use the washer, you will be contending with the electrical code, the machine hose, and the garden hosepipe. It's similar to unknotting a ball of knotted knitting wool, only big. I just used the washer a few minutes ago, which prompted me to write this review. It took me about ten minutes to disconnect and wrap up everything to be able to store the washer in the shed. It should have taken about a minute.

So as far as design goes, I am shaving off two stars in the hopes that Kärcher reads these reviews and will up their game. I hope you will let them know in your reviews, too. Send Kärcher the message: We love your products! We love having these cool machines that are affordable! But you can do better! Kärcher needs a Steve Jobs type, and they would become megastars!

Ozeri CardioTech Premium Series Digital Blood Pressure Monitor with Color Alert Technology
Offered by Ozeri UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact, Economical, Useful--Good Buy, 14 April 2014
Having used the Ozeri blood pressure monitor for about a week now, I am pleased with it and can recommend it. The product does exactly what it says in its description. The wrist band is easy to attach; there really are only two buttons to depress, and the results are in hi-vis, easy-to-read digital format. The colour coding of the screens makes for easily identifying which category the blood pressure reading falls into. This is a good machine.

PMS® 200 LED Blue Solar Fairy String Lights Waterproof, choice of light effect. Ideal for Christmas, Halloween, Home & Garden outdoor decorative, 22M Super Bright
Offered by PMS®

1.0 out of 5 stars A Con, As Far As I'm Concerned., 11 Mar. 2014
I've had my suspicions concerning solar powered garden lights, yet after reading the mostly favourable reviews, I went ahead and purchased two strings of these lights. They arrived on an Octobet morning. I set them in our sunny, south-facing London garden. That evening, the lights came on and we were delighted--we played around with the various display options, and we were pleased. That was the last we saw the lights lit. They do not work, and they are expensive. Perhaps, we thought, we'll wait until the days are longer in the spring. We have had some sunny days this March, yet the lights are dead. I pulled them out the other day and threw £30 worth of solar-powered trash right into the bin. Do not be fooled--they are of a cheap make, and I'm convinced the rave reviewers are on hallucinogenic drugs.

Bosch 1005823405 Intermediate Bearing
Bosch 1005823405 Intermediate Bearing

3.0 out of 5 stars No More Road Kill, 2 Mar. 2012
Alas, Hoover eats these like peanuts. Our Jack Russell had the squeaker chewed out in five minutes, and now, 24 hours later, we have swept the last tuft of chewed skunk fluff up and tossed it in the bin. The toy itself was cute, what little we saw of it. Hoover tossed it about and played fetch for a couple of hours. But like almost every other toy, he had this one chewed to bits in no time. I don't own a dog; I own a wood chipper. The Skunk might be fine for a light chewer, but for a dedicated gnawer, this toy will only be a snack.

Oral-B Pro-Expert Whitening Toothpaste 75 ml (Pack of 3)
Oral-B Pro-Expert Whitening Toothpaste 75 ml (Pack of 3)
Offered by Greens Pharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars The Toothpaste I've Been Looking For!, 23 Sept. 2011
I read the first review and agree with everything on there--this really IS, I think, the best toothpaste I've ever used. I've only used a sample tube that came with a set of three Oral B toothbrushes, so it's early days, but I've ordered three tubes and look forward to them arriving. I've been dealing with gum problems and a whole bunch of nonsense, so I have to take very good care of my teeth, and this new Pro Expert fits the bill.

So what's so remarkable and different about . . . toothpaste? Well, the first thing I noticed is that it has a texture that is unlike most other pastes. It's not exactly gritty, and yet there some kind of hi-tech abrasive stuff in there--similiar to those modern skin scrubs with microparticles--except these, obviously, must be "edible." The paste is neither slippery, nor claggy--it just feels like some high-strength cleaner for your teeth. It tastes like . . . like . . . every adjective that toothpaste marketers use, only better. You just have to try it, which is why there are sample tubes all around. It's great!

Right now, I notice there are sales for this toothpaste at the chemists and shops on the High Street. I compared prices, and Amazon's current deal is every bit as competitive by a penny or two.

This one's well worth the 5-star rating. Well done, Oral B!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2012 10:20 PM BST