Profile for Callum A. Boa > Reviews

Etymotic Research HF5 Portable iPhone and iPod In-ear Earphones- Ruby
Etymotic Research HF5 Portable iPhone and iPod In-ear Earphones- Ruby
Offered by S&W-Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant, 25 Jun. 2010
Having spent the past week or so going through various reviews about IEMs I finally decided that these would be the best choice for me. I can definitely say that I wasn't disappointed.
On first putting them on my first thought was how far they need to be inserted, the second was how much these things isolate. I then put some music on and was instantly plunged into sheer auditory bliss. The amount of detail you can hear in music with these is nothing short of fantastic - I'm finding detail in music that my Grado sr60i's simply couldn't pick up. With some people complain about there not being enough bass with these IEMs I can only imagine that they are used to the huge bass hump found in most cheaper earphones (Sennheiser's CX series for example). A lot of people may think that this lack of bass is down to the fact that they don't have a proper seal but these IEMs don't have the bass that may be expected from others.
Basically, I'd say that these are IEMs for people who want to hear music as it is, hearing the little details at any frequency. These are definitely NOT IEMs for bassheads however.