Profile for Scott Evans > Reviews

JBL Charge Bluetooth Wireless Speaker - Grey
JBL Charge Bluetooth Wireless Speaker - Grey
Price: 96.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Loud enough to annoy the neighbours, 27 May 2014
I had planned to buy the Sony SRS BTX500 as the reviews I read suggested this has the best sound and features of the Bluetooth speakers under 100 . But I did the very unusual thing of going to a shop and looking at it and picking it up and playing with the switches. It's a monster and as portable as my bathroom. So having ruled out the Sony - what was I to choose from? There were loads - all shapes, sizes and colours - I hate choice, so I promptly left the shop and civilisation and ordered the JBL Charge. generally I am not a big fan of JBL having bought some rather ropey stuff in the past, but this is a great piece of kit. I had it playing music from my phone within 2 minutes of being out of the box. I am bass freak so good bass response is essential. The JBL Charge certainly doesn't fill the room with heavy bass, but for sub 100, weighing next to nothing and small enough to put in your pocket (a big pocket) this is a great compromise. I had a bit of issue pairing with my laptop but that was due to missing Bluetooth drivers on my Lenovo laptop which is at death's door and will soon be going to the laptop graveyard. I downloaded the Bluetooth drivers from Lenovo and set the Bluetooth speakers to the default as speakers and hey presto I am now annoying the neighbours with Duke Dumont at full volume. Cant wait to take it to Latitude and share my music with my fellow campers. This is a great piece of kit and I suspect my 16 year old son (who has already asked to borrow it) will sneak out the house and I will be back buying another one.

One thing - it wont charge my Blackberry, but I am probably the only person that has one so not a major issue.

Random Access Memories
Random Access Memories
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing - but most Daft Punk albums are, 24 Mar 2014
Daft Punk make some great songs but they never seem to make an album that follows through with the same quality. Random Access Memories is no different. From now on I will only buy DF tracks

Klapp Klapp
Klapp Klapp
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite band, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Klapp Klapp (MP3 Download)
Heard this on Radio 6 Music. Marks a change for Little Dragon and I am very much looking forward to getting the album.

IBM Lenovo Thinkpad Heatsink Fan For T61 T61p 42w2460 42w2461 42w2462 42w2463 14" Screen (UK Dispatch)
Offered by CrownTrade
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Lenovo part that arrived ahead of time, 19 Mar 2014
My laptop has been driving me mad because of the noise the fan made. I searched for a replacement fan but was put off by the very wide price range and lack of buyer feedback. The fan arrived from China, it is a genuine Lenovo part. It had the ceramic paste pre-applied. It took about 20 minutes to fit (following a YouTube video) and works perfectly. Very please

The Master [Blu-ray]
The Master [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Philip Seymour Hoffman
Price: 8.54

1.0 out of 5 stars Dismal, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Master [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
There is nothing wrong with the acting but the actors have no film to act to! The film never gets going, it has no direction, the message is so well hidden you will need a magic map to find it. There are bits of the film that are totally superfluous and some bits I didn't get at all. It seems that the original film was three times as long and was then heavily edited to make it shorter. The result is a mixed up bunch of random scenes. I wanted to stop watching half way through but pushed on until the end out of respect for the excellent cast and a formerly decent writer.............it wasn't worth it. It was dismal.

Kinps for Apple Iphone 5 5S 4200mAh External Rechargeable Spare Backup Extended Battery Charger Pack Case Cover for Iphone 5/5S -Black
Offered by AnNengJinguk
Price: 18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A festival weekend must-have accessory, 13 Aug 2013
Apart from my electric power shower and shower tent, this festival season's must-have product was the iPhone portable battery charger/backup battery. Don't bother reading the instructions they have been translated directly from Chinese so don't make any sense - but simply charge the battery pack and connect to your iPhone when its down to its single digit charge level. Kept the iPhone going all weekend - about 3 and bit charges. Feels nice, looks decent and much cheaper than original models I used on the iPhone 3 and 4.

Home [Explicit]
Home [Explicit]
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A fully formed album, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Home [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
A rarity these days to get a "album" that works as an album rather than a collection of disparate songs. Saw them live recently and they perform each song amazingly. Definitely my favourite album of the month

Average White Band
Average White Band
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want an AWB album this is the one, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Average White Band (MP3 Download)
Apart from the seminal Pick up the pieces this album has something for everyone. Work to Do and You Got it are true party tracks. Are these guys really from Scotland? Best thing to come out of Dundee!

Press On
Press On
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Retro meets tomorrow, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: Press On (MP3 Download)
Big fan of Lack of Afro and this album brings together some great retro and modern sounds. Everytime I listen to "Live at the Club" I feel I have gone back in time to a 1970s jazz den in Soho.