Profile for Tutanracoon > Reviews

Content by Tutanracoon

Tutanracoon (London)

Le Creuset Textiles Double Oven Glove - Black
Le Creuset Textiles Double Oven Glove - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Generally Happy but they're not as heat proof as they should be, 8 Feb. 2013
These are lovely to look at and generally excellent to use. However, I bought them because previous gloves have not been able to cope with the heat of le creuset casserole dishes straight from the oven, and I thought, being the same brand, that these would do the job. But, be warned, they don't! I was taken rather by surprise when the heat came through. But then again I have chosen not to go the silicon route as I don't like the feel of the material, so I probably only have myself to blame.

Energenie 30 Minute Run Down Timer Plug
Energenie 30 Minute Run Down Timer Plug

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product that puts your mind at rest, 8 Feb. 2013
Only recently discovered that such a thing existed, but have now bought several for myself and other over-anxious friends and family. We use them on the two heaters in the house that we used to regularly forget to turn off. We are 100% happy with them.

Useful 7cm wide Stretchy Head band ,Alice band.Kylie band.Ideal for holding hair back when applying or removing Make up.
Offered by London Accessories Boutique

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Rubbish, don't watse your money, 8 Feb. 2013
I bought this hairband to keep my stray strands of hair away from my baby's inquisitive little fingers. Sadly it just slides off my perfectly normal-sized head. Absolutely useless!

Quality Pink Ice Cube Tray with Lid For Easy Refill No Spill
Quality Pink Ice Cube Tray with Lid For Easy Refill No Spill
Offered by east2eden

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 8 Feb. 2013
Like the previous reviewer I am also using this tray for weaning, but I have found that if you flex it leaning it across a bowl the cubes come out quite easily. I am also happy with the slightly larger size of the cubes. Generally seems to be a very good product.

Breville VST025 Sandwich Press, Stainless Steel
Breville VST025 Sandwich Press, Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Love This! Highly Recommend, 15 Jun. 2012
This sandwich toaster is amazing. Super easy to use and easy to clean and makes incredible toasted sandwiches (and all sorts of other things, within reason). Such a far cry from the triangulating Breville from student days (which was also great for its purpose). Excellent value for money. Basically, we are very pleased with our purchase!

Duronic LS1018 Digital 50KG Capacity Luggage/Bag/Suitcase Scales with straps, bag and batteries
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product. Highly recommend, 30 May 2012
Excellent and robust.
Only possible criticism is that it weighed my luggage as a little bit lighter than the airport scales, but then I wouldn't recommend packing right to the maximum weight as I guess there could always be a problem with the callibration of the airport scales.
Other than that I absolutely loved the product. Wonderful to have peace of mind. Really easy to use.

STYL: The Early 1920s German Fashion Magazine
STYL: The Early 1920s German Fashion Magazine
by Anna Zika

3.0 out of 5 stars This book is NOT in English as stated in the description!!!, 9 Nov. 2010
The book is beautiful, but I bought it as a gift for a friend assuming it was an English translation (as it stated in the description that it was in English). Sadly it is not! The pictures are absolutely lovely and the friend decided to keep it (as I assume there isn't an English translation), but I would not have spent this much money on it had I known it was in German.

Basic Critical Theory for Photographers
Basic Critical Theory for Photographers
by Ashley la Grange

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent introduction to photographic theory, 4 Feb. 2008
This is an extremely important and interesting introduction to key theoretical texts concerning photography. La Grange presents an impartial and clear synopsis of books and articles that have had wide-reaching impact on photographic practice and theory. The book has prompted me to return to many of the original texts and therefore I assume it must inspire new readers to commit to the texts for the first time. I have not attempted any of the exercises, but as a former teacher I think that they are good starting points for deeper consideration of the texts and will engage students in further analysis of the subjects, thereby encouraging them to have greater confidence in their own opinions. I am particularly excited that La Grange has placed photography within the broader context of the arts through the inclusion of literature and poems, as this is often overlooked by art criticism and theory.