Profile for S. Langridge > Reviews

Content by S. Langridge

S. Langridge (HAILSHAM, EAST SUSSEX, ENGLAND.)

Kodak PlaySport Zx5 Full HD 1080P,  Waterproof, Dustproof and Shockproof - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Kodak PlaySport Zx5 Full HD 1080P, Waterproof, Dustproof and Shockproof - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by London Photo

1.0 out of 5 stars Ruined Holiday Video., 20 Feb 2013
It seemed to be the perfect camcorder for my holiday in the USA. I happily recorded all the highlights of the 16 day tour of the south west of America, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, San Francisco, Pheonix and San Diego to name a few places I went to. It was easy to review the recordings on the camera & I eagerly waited to see the footage on the big screen at home. When I got home I connected the camcorder to my PC and installed the software via the camera.I tried to import my recordings but on screen all it said was that "No Device Connected". No matter what I did I could not import my holiday memories on to the PC. Overnight the camera must have deleted 15 days of my holiday because the Kodak SD card only contained the last day when I reviewed it again on the camera the next day. My local Camera Centre tried to import the recordings for me, but to no avail. The shop owner had a special software that is used in the trade but to no avail. His conclusion was the SDHC card appeared to be encrypted. Then, to add insult to injury the camera seized up and would not switch off, it had a blank screen and was totally useless. I am so disappointed that I haven't got any footage of my holiday of a lifetime. I am so upset.

ABUS PS88 50ml Lubricating Spray
ABUS PS88 50ml Lubricating Spray
Offered by PVR Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 July 2012
I bought this a while ago and I am about to buy some more. It is an excellent product, great for locks obviously, but also amazing for stiff double glazed window & door hinges. Not just for my own use, Mum, Dad & my Brother all wanted to borrow it.... 5 star product!

Union Jack Queen's Jubilee Shamballa Crystal Friendship Bracelet with 4 Hematite Beads

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Quality, 7 July 2012
I am so delighted with this bracelet. Words just will not convey how amazing it is, it looks and feels like it is worth 10 times the price. Completely satisfied and in awe of it. Brilliant service form the seller too. 10/10!

Panasonic KX-TG8521EB DECT Single Digital Cordless Phone Set with Answer Machine - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars I will NEVER buy any other phone but Panasonic!, 7 Oct 2011
This is my third Panasonic phone. Not because the other ones broke but because I fancy a change after a few years! They have never given me any trouble, in my opinion they are the best brand by far, for TV's too in my experience.
I love the look of this phone, the ringtones, the clarity of hearing the caller so clearly.... I love the Screensavers, there's even a snowflake one for Christmas time, including a Jingle Bells ringtone which I have had to choose even though it's a tad early!
Easy to look in to your phone book, redial function, absolutely brilliant. I should have bought the two handset version, but no worries I have ordered the additional handset. Amazing phone.

CBeebies - The Ultimate Christmas Collection [DVD]
CBeebies - The Ultimate Christmas Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cbeebies
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 4 Jun 2011
My two year old twin nieces (and my five year old nephew) just adore this DVD. I have to wrestle it away now and again so that I can bring it out at Christmas and not have it played EVERY day!!!

Billy Connolly - An Audience With [DVD]
Billy Connolly - An Audience With [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alasdair MacMillan

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not transfer to DVD well...., 3 Jun 2011
I was very disappointed with the quality of this DVD. When it was broadcast on TV years ago it was the best piece of TV entertainment I had seen for a long time.
On the DVD the colour fades in and out, the picture is very hazy. It puts me in mind of what it must be like to watch a bootleg copy. I am definately NOT saying this is bootleg, but the quality in my opinion is very poor. It arrived in what looked like factory wrapping so as far as I am concerned it is legit, but I would not watch it again because of the poor quality.
Sorry!

BT Big Button 100 Telephone (White)
BT Big Button 100 Telephone (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars What would my Dad do without this phone?, 12 July 2009
I buy this telephone for my Dad as he is partially sighted and hard of hearing. If he needs me he just has to press one button and it reaches my landline, press another button and the telephone will reach my mobile phone! The telephone has lovely large buttons, and a flashing 1471 button, to tell you if there are any messages left for you using the 1471 service. I highly recommend this telephone.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2009 11:55 PM BST

The Santa Clause Movie Collection [DVD]
The Santa Clause Movie Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Martin Short

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS!, 18 Feb 2009
The Santa Clause Movie Collection [2007] [1994] [DVD]
This was purchased as a Christmas gift for my brother, but I do own it in fact. It is brilliant......and such a bargain. Do not hesitate to buy this collection, it is truly amazing to see, especially at Christmas time.

Samsung HT-TX35R - DVD 5.1 Home Cinema System - With HDMI
Samsung HT-TX35R - DVD 5.1 Home Cinema System - With HDMI

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!, 5 Aug 2007
I had to employ my brother to help me install this as I an not a "whizz" at these things, but once installed, OH MY GOD!
The sound is fantastic, especially if you play your DVD's in the MOVIE mode. I found it was just like being in a Cinema, except there was no popcorn..........
All my old favourite DVD's look amazing with the HDMI cable connection, thus upgrading my movies to High Definition.
I cannot tell you how thrilled I am with this system. As of yet, I have not played music CD's through it, but my jpeg photo CD's are great (though this may be due to the new telly I bought with an 8000/1 ratio).
So far, I cannot find anything REALLY negative to say about this home theatre system.
The only small gripe was that I did not bother to buy the "wireless system" at a cost of approx another £100, as the rear speakers still have to be wired to the "wireless" box, as far as we can make out, so you still land up with wires running around your room. Plus, the box has to be plugged into another electrical outlet, so what is the point of all that palava?
I'd say buy this product with confidence....

Fatty Batter: How Cricket Saved My Life (then Ruined It)
Fatty Batter: How Cricket Saved My Life (then Ruined It)
by Michael Simkins

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BOOK I'VE READ IN YEARS..., 11 May 2007
I read a small serialisation of this book in the Daily Mail. I found myself laughing out loud. So, I just had to order this book for myself from Amazon. I have been a "cricket widow", a scorer and treasurer for a small village side in East Sussex for over thirty years. My goodness, this book is spot on!

It is so funny, touching and totally absorbing. Even if cricket isn't your thing, I feel sure you would still thoroughly enjoy this book. But, if you have ever played the wonderful game of cricket, this is a must for you. You will not put it down, believe me.

I simply did not want this book to end, so do yourself a big favour and buy this book. You will love it. As a previous reviewer has said, it deserves far more than five stars..........