Profile for Gearoidc > Reviews

Content by Gearoidc

Gearoidc

Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home 12.0 (PC)
Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home 12.0 (PC)
Price: 32.51

5.0 out of 5 stars 60 second Test Run, 2 Feb 2013
I am using the Dragon software to write this review. In order to test it I will first type and then I will dictate some text from the Dragon Sidebar. I will do each for 60 seconds. I will make no corrections to either text.

Typing: "In some editions of dragon you can also use the advanced features of the my commands editor to create commands based on the VBA like scripting, mouse movements and keystrok" 30 words in 1 minute.

Dragon: "In some editions of Dragon you can also use the advanced features of the my commands editor to create commands based on VBA like scripting, mouse movements and keystrokes. Important: this tab is meant to display custom commands present in your user-defined group. If you have custom commands under other group names, these commands will not be displayed here. While creating a user profile, Dragon presents a list of dictation sources. If you are not using the default microphone plugged into the mike in Jack be sure to indicate your devices type: for instance, USB microphone or Bluetooth microph" 99 words in 1 minute.

I am not sure how useful fast typists would find this software but for someone like me who does not type quickly this is an absolutely brilliant piece of kit. My typing speed above-approximately 30 words per minute-is just about as good as I can do. If I am typing for any length of time, I soon develop stiff neck muscles and gradual loss of concentration. On the other hand, I find using Dragon to be a relatively effortless exercise.
Hugely impressed.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2014 7:38 PM BST

Adam And Paul [DVD]
Adam And Paul [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Murphy
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 14.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Bleak, Black but Brilliant., 2 Jan 2008
This review is from: Adam And Paul [DVD] (DVD)
It's a shame that a film as good as this is so little known - even in Ireland.
Bord Failte(Irish Tourism Board)won't be using it any time soon but this should be compulsory viewing in our schools.
The late Tom Murphy's performance, in particular, is tremendous. Think Ratso Rizzo(Hoffman)in Midnight Cowboy - only better.