Profile for Adam > Reviews

Content by Adam

Adam

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (Nintendo 3DS)
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by united direct limited

5.0 out of 5 stars A REAL remake!, 1 May 2015
If you played the originals like me and are still a pokemon fan this is a must buy - The game does a great job with the original story, and will take you on a huge nostalgia trip. And this isn't just because it's a remake of the game you played all those years ago, the game knows it's a remake and does flaunt this on a number of occasions, really (for me) making me admire Game freak on this masterpiece! The story is certainly worth it, and is also expanded from the originals - but I will not say anything else on that as this would be giving your spoilers.

2 disappointments for me were being able to change your character's appearance (brought in in XY) is gone, which imo is a step down, and also that there is no battle frontier or something of a similar nature. The battle maison from XY is back, and to me it is just not a very exciting end game place for battling.

These 2 things are not enough to make my lower my 5 star rating however. The game is great in it's own right, I will leave it to you readers to see why for yourself! One thing I can say for certain - there is plenty for both a newcomer to this and those who have played the originals to enjoy from this game!

Tritton AX 180: Universal Gaming Headset (PS3/Xbox 360/PC/Mac)
Tritton AX 180: Universal Gaming Headset (PS3/Xbox 360/PC/Mac)

2.0 out of 5 stars and was rather disappointed. Best way I can describe the audio is ..., 1 May 2015
Having owned 2 Trittons before this I had high expectations, and was rather disappointed. Best way I can describe the audio is as being flat. I'm unsure if the headset was faulty or not, on the numerous devices I tested it on it was the same result - but I'm getting a refund and investing in something else instead.

I can't personally recommend, but I concede it is possible I just got a faulty pair. If the audio is truly how it was for me, you are better off buying a different headset.

Titanfall (PC DVD)
Titanfall (PC DVD)
Offered by Turbotrance

3.0 out of 5 stars Overerhyped, lackluster and rushed, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Titanfall (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I bought this and played it for the first week - haven't touched it since. Why? Gameplay is this games strong point and it is very fun, but that's it. The game is lacking in EVERYTHING else. The game lacks variety, features, basics... They might promise/add some worthwhile things during its lifecycle but to ask you to buy this game and its current (in my case RELEASE DAY STATE) to be such an underwhelming game AND have the audacity to try charge full price for it is absurd. In current form I'd say this game would be pushing it to cost more than £20. Don't get me wrong its enjoyable but with what's offered its a rip off. It looks like yet another game that is going the trend of "release unfinished patch things in later". That's not always bad - unless your charging full price for said game.

Bradman Revisited
Bradman Revisited

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 12 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Bradman Revisited (Kindle Edition)
This book provides an indepth look at Bradman and his batting style. It looks specifically at his batting style compared to other batsman of his day, and today. Very interesting, and well worth a read.

Call of Duty: World at War (PC)
Call of Duty: World at War (PC)
Offered by 4GamersUK

4.0 out of 5 stars An old classic, 27 Jan. 2014
Its getting on now in age, but it is still a great deal of fun. I own this on console (xbox 360) but was sick of the cheating (god mode, no clipping etc.) and connection issues. The PC version has none of those problems, from what I've seen so far a good playerbase (playing to have fun, actually playing the objective) and of course, coming from console the PC version has a great deal of features that make it superior to the console version, such as supporting more players on servers, mods and of course dedicated servers.

If you like this game, but haven't played it on PC and don't mind doing so, I would recommend it. However bare in mind if you buy this version you will need to download a number of patches in order to have the full game (all the dlc content), but this is a minor inconvenience.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars You can teach an old dog new tricks... if only a few, 25 Nov. 2013
Having prior to this been playing Black Ops 2 for my arcade/miltary hybrid shooter fix, I found the game to feel significantly different in playstyle.

Campaign is nothing special, I found the story interesting but the actual gameplay uninspiring. Multiplayer however does feel somewhat different. Gameplay is similar to previous games, but actual engagements usually end practically as soon as they start, you die incredibly fast in this game if your assailant is accurate and using his weapon in its ideal range. Maps are absolutely huge, and encourage sniping on many (but not all) of them, which I may add requires actual sniping, not quick scoping. Game modes have been revamped, which is a love or hate thing (for me both). They are fun, but very different and with only Search and Destroy making it as the only objective game mode back from previous iterations, this is something that is a little disappointing. Playing through the various game modes you can see the target of this game though: a more casual, crazy fun experience.

If you did not like the competitive emphasis Black Ops 2 played into its multiplayer, I think you'll enjoy this offering a great deal more. I know I do. It is still competitive, but its more free flowing and doesn't feel (as of yet anyway) like a party could completely dominate and rain on your parade if you wanted to join on your own for a quick match or 2. Something I found happened too often in Black Ops 2.

Other game modes are squads, which works with the new squad mechanic (just a slightly varied create a class system) to allow you to play with your squad against bots effectively, which can be either in wave based game modes (similar, but more entertaining than MW3's survival) or with/against other people an bots in normal multiplayer game types. Finally theres Extinction, which at first glance looks and feels like an attempt at copying zombies (which it is), but it is certainly a bit deeper than just this. I cannot give much information on this though since I've only played it once so far.

One thing I almost forgotten to mention is the audio. This game has fantastic sound when played with a headset, and sounds quite realistic. I really enjoy this game with my headset on.

Overall I'd say it was worth a buy, for me things changed significantly enough for me to justify the purchase. Unlike Black Ops 2, I enjoy this quite alot, enough that It'll get a fair amount of usage. If your still unsure on it after this review, I'd recommend at least getting it in around a years time when it will likely drop in price.

Pokémon X (Nintendo 3DS)
Pokémon X (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by united direct limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Best handheld Pokemon game since R/B/Y?!, 25 Oct. 2013
I have to say this game managed to top all my expectations. And then go even further... This game has had unbelievable work put into it to make it what I would argue as perhaps the greatest Pokemon game to date!

I would write about all the changes and positives but honestly there is too much for me to put. Some brief points:

- Battles are now 3D (which also renders 3D on the 3DS). The game world has a number of 3D areas also.
- Character customization is introduced.
- A new Pokemon typing, Fairy is introduced. It significantly shakes up the battlefield for all.
- A number of improvements have been made (minor things) which significantly improve gameplay.
- Online features have been improved considerably.
- Story is long and most importantly, fun.
- The number of Pokemon available and the variety in the areas to travel through is vast.

In regards to everything this is my favorite Pokemon game since the Gameboy's generation of Pokemon games. I highly recommend this one to any Pokemon fan!

Weightless
Weightless

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Weightless (Audio CD)
I bought this having got their first album about 2-3 months prior. This album for me personally sounded quite different to the first one, but this is a huge positive. I highly recommend it.

Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
Offered by Bridge_Records

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 9 April 2013
This is a fantastic game that really immerses you as a new, young Lara forced into surviving as she and her team are ship wrecked on an island inhabited by a strange, hostile group of people.

Movement and combat in this game are both very fluid and make playing itself a joy. The environment itself also presents plenty of opportunity to explore, with a pretty large map. My main issue with this game were that combat, while seeming necessary in the beginning portions of the game near the end are still just as frequent, even as Lara has adapted and it doesn't feel in the spirit of a Tomb Raider game to be so heavy on combat... Also a small minor annoyance of mine is small scenes where you have to time button presses in order to continue with the game. Failure kills you an forces you to redo it, which to me is always a lazy and just stupid way of progressing the game.

Regardless of this though it is well worth the buy, far better than any single player experience that wasn't the likes of The Elder Scrolls of Fallout in a long time.

The game has a multiplayer as well which is worth mentioning and it is a great deal of fun, but its not as expansive as the offerings the majority of games, concentrating on the multiplayer give you these days. Single player should be your focus but the multiplayer should give you many, many hours of fun as well.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Xbox 360)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Tekken in all its glory, 9 April 2013
Being a Tekken fan its simply a must have, and it certainly hasn't disapointed in this regard. I find it a little more difficult to get into than most probably find because I actually haven't played Tekken since 5 (I have spells with the Tekken series) and if your new to it altogether you will find it very challenging. But it is fun learning the game and trying to become good at it.

I would however recommend this for more hardcore gamers over casuals any day. If you don't have patience and don't want to learn the game you wil have no joy with this one.