Profile for MMU > Reviews

Police Sincere Black Dial Watch 12547JS/02M
Police Sincere Black Dial Watch 12547JS/02M
Offered by Find Jewellery

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 17 Nov 2011
Very happy with the watch. It is very big, but the dimensions shown in the description are accurate, so no complaint there. I removed the maximum number of links possible (3 on each side) and it is still a little loose, so beware if you have thin spindle wrists.

The watch is also heavy, weighing my hand down noticeably.

The build quality seems great to me. Very solid with strong and flexible bracelet links. The picture makes the watch look dull, but in reality it is smooth shiny stainless steel.

Kahuna Black Cuff Strap Gents Watch AKUC-0001G
Kahuna Black Cuff Strap Gents Watch AKUC-0001G
Offered by BrightRetail

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, 7 Nov 2011
I was delighted with this watch for the first three months or so. Then the loops on the strap snapped - both of them. It is absurd that the strap itself is made of excellent quality thick leather, the buckle made of beautiful brushed metal, yet the loops are made very thin and tacky. I knew they would snap and lo and behold they did. What a shame.

A Kingdom Besieged (The Chaoswar Saga, Book 1) (Midkemian Trilogy 1)
A Kingdom Besieged (The Chaoswar Saga, Book 1) (Midkemian Trilogy 1)
by Raymond E. Feist

1.0 out of 5 stars Another terrible effort, 9 April 2011
If you explored the Hall of Worlds for a thousand years you will still fail to find an author as lazy as Feist. He writes the same things over and over again. The same sentences, expressions, phrases have been littering his books for the last ten years. The reason? This lazy author can not be bothered. His word processor probably has auto complete enabled to automatically turn "6 inches" to "six inches over six feet in height". I wish that was the only one, I could put up with that. But reading his mercifully short book had me face palming every ten minutes.

Why do I read his tortuous books? Because he somehow managed to write a great series when he started out (Riftwar) and I want to know how it ends. Well done Feist, I am a mug. You win.

Straight after finishing A Kingdom Besieged I picked Steven Eriksen's A Crippled God up off the shelf. I could not wait, the filth of Feist had to be washed away immediately. It was a tonic.

How To Train Your Dragon [DVD]
How To Train Your Dragon [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jay Baruchel

5.0 out of 5 stars Increadible, 31 Jan 2011
I'm 29, male, no kids - I watched this movie alone.

This is an amazing movie, the animation, character design and voice work is great. But what really pushes this movie from merely "great" to "mind blowing" is the music. There are three scenes in this movie where the music and the action combine to take my breath away every time. It has become my favourite animated movie of all time - it is a must see for everybody!

Final Fantasy IX (PS)
Final Fantasy IX (PS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best, 31 Jan 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Final Fantasy IX (PS) (Video Game)
For most people, you will find that their favourite FF game is the one they played first. Not for me. I played FF8 first, and although I love that game, and liked FF7 which I played after, FF9 is my favourite. People criticize the characters, but I say the weird and wildly different characters are what fantasy is all about. The leveling up/ability system is also great - the characters are quite rigid in their roles. You can't have any old character you want casting cure one minute then thunder the next. The music is sublime as usual, one of the better battle themes. And the lead character is chirpy for once, not a dull angst ridden bore. In short - play this game!

Aurian (Artefacts of Power)
Aurian (Artefacts of Power)
by Maggie Furey

2.0 out of 5 stars A cliched review for a cliched book, 23 Jan 2011
I actually can't believe that the author called this series "The artifacts of power". Surely if you are a fantasy author you would be embarrassed to proclaim to all the world that you have churned out a volume of stock fantasy.

Even though the whole thing is oh so predictable, I do admit I enjoyed reading it; so it gets two stars instead of one.

Bagbase Messenger bag
Bagbase Messenger bag
Price: £6.99 - £7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 9 Nov 2010
This review is from: Bagbase Messenger bag (Luggage)
This is a great bag - a good size (see dimensions in product description) and useful pockets.

The one negative I will mention is the padding on the strap is not as thick as I expected from the photo. But at least there is padding there.

I wish they would make a version which has a added feature: a briefcase style carry handle.

Buff Original Multi Function Headwear Marroc Graphite
Buff Original Multi Function Headwear Marroc Graphite
Offered by Savage Island

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 Oct 2010
This is my second Buff - the "Marroc Graphite" pattern is really nice, much nicer than it looks in the picture. I recommend it over the plain black!

Eddingtons Mini Measure Glass
Eddingtons Mini Measure Glass
Offered by Good Thymes

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described, 8 Sep 2010
I wanted something to measure milliliters. The picture and description say this is the product for me. But I received a different brand of glass without ml scales.

The glass is a good one, but it doesn't match the description!

Poison Study (MIRA)
Poison Study (MIRA)
by Maria V. Snyder

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, 1 July 2010
This review is from: Poison Study (MIRA) (Paperback)
This may well be the worst book I've ever had the misfortune of attempting to read. I was pulled in by the nice cover art...silly me!

I can't understand how this has so many positive reviews.

Page: 1 | 2