Profile for Blaz > Reviews

Content by Blaz

Blaz

HTC One Mini (M4) Wallet Flip PU Leather Case Cover, Screen Protector and Polishing Cloth + High Capacitive Touch Screen Stylus
Offered by MGT Group
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 26 April 2014
The phone fits perfectly, the cut out for the camera is in exactly the correct place. looks good and protects the phone. However the flap that secures the "wallet" looks as if it is already becoming worn and the protective film for the screen was useless - I binned it straight away. (It wash't actually a film at all, more like a sheet of acetate). However for the price paid I am not complaining and if it does indeed wear out I will replace for minimal cost.

Solar Brite Deluxe Solar Fairy Lights 120 Super Bright White LED Decorative String, choice of light effect. Ideal for Trees, Gardens, Parties & More...
Offered by The Sharper Edge Ltd - 2 to 4 day delivery
Price: 39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 21 April 2014
Bought these before and they are so good have bought some more! Would recommend to anyone, a really good buy.

Crosshatch Men's 'Scholar' Graphic Print Boxer Shorts Orange M
Crosshatch Men's 'Scholar' Graphic Print Boxer Shorts Orange M
Offered by Acquire Fashion LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and comfy, 21 April 2014
Perhaps a little closer fitting that the Photon Series, but still nice and snug without being too snug. Nice bright colour without being over the top.

Dreamscene Animal Mink Faux Fur Throw, Tiger, 200 x 240 Cm
Dreamscene Animal Mink Faux Fur Throw, Tiger, 200 x 240 Cm
Offered by Linens Limited
Price: 13.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Very soft and cosy, 5 Mar 2014
It's really for a double bed - too big for a sofa. It's pattern shows on both sides so in that sense it's reversible. it's very, very soft and warm. The colour shows a shading from an orange to a paler colour - this is a design feature rather than shading due to the lighting. It's not a thick fabric - but thick enough and it has not shed any of the fibres. All in all, a good buy.

The Beginner's Guide To Cuba
The Beginner's Guide To Cuba
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good buy, 22 Feb 2014
I'm not a purist, I simply like music. This CD seems to be a selection of some of the better Cuban music. Different styles but all with that energy and love of life that seems to typify Cuban music. I'm glass I bought this CD.

Mr. Bongo's Brazilian Beats - 8CD Boxset
Mr. Bongo's Brazilian Beats - 8CD Boxset
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A really excellent buy., 22 Feb 2014
This is a collection of a huge variety of artists and styles. There seems to be no logic in the track selection - contemporary and more traditional styles are simply cast together - but I'm so glad they are - I have listened to styles I might not otherwise have bothered with. I play this all the time - there are so many beautiful tracks on each CD (some I simply skip but they are very few). It's such a good compilation and I have a huge new appreciation for the talent shown by Brazilian artists. Some of the tracks seem bang up to date - I'm sure my son would appreciate them - and he is into Drum and Base. I can't rate this CD highly enough - it truly is one of my best buys. I'm listening now and the depth of the rhythms, the harmonies and the contrasting counter rhythms, the sudden changes in tempo and dynamics, the break into drumming…I could so go on and on. Brazilian music is, I have discovered, so rich. Treat yourself to this CD. You will not regret it at all. Just be open, its might not be what you are expecting but it simply gets under your skin and soon you find yourself thinking "I love this track" over and over again. If you are still wondering - just press the "buy" icon.

Empire: Total War Gold Edition (Mac DVD)
Empire: Total War Gold Edition (Mac DVD)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, Bored, Let Down..., 24 Feb 2013
Despite the negative reviews I had read I was always going to buy this on the strength of the name - Total War. In hindsight I should have stuck with TW Rome.
Having said that, I do enjoy the naval battles on the "Play Battle" option, and the land based battles are OK.
The main problem with the campaign game (unless I have missed something) is that you need to follow a pre-determined campaign plan. You are set objectives which you need to accomplish. There seems little scope for deviating from this plan (for instance if you are required to build a fleet and then transport troops to capture an enemy city, you have to do just that, even though your troops could take a land route and capture the city. The program seems unable to cope with the fact that you have captured a city by other means. Similarly, you cannot attack factions/nations which the game plan has decided are already your allies.
The other really tedious thing is that when you end your turn, you are treated to sitting around and watching whilst every other nation (played by the computer) has its own turn. So you see lots of little men being moved around the map, ships sailing off, diplomats doing what they do etc. Perhaps this is to keep you aware of what each nation is doing? But frankly I just want to get on with the game.

I think that the developers have taken a lot from another game - Sid Meyers Civilisation. It certainly is not Total War as I know it (think Shogun and Rome). Personally, within a day or so I was actually bored by the game. Now perhaps I just haven't given it enough time, but I think the developers have really missed an opportunity, and what could have been an awesome game, following the tried and tested (and trusted) Total War format is, at best, mediocre, and at the price for the MAC version, is not money well spent.
Oh yes, one of the other reviewers wrote about the text being hard to read. Its true, it seems the text is deliberately blurred. A small point, but another little annoyance which detracts from the game.

I'll finish there before I write anything else and totally depress you. The thing is, you love Total War don't you? You know you want this game. Despite the negative reviews you still want to buy it. That's what Total War does. But this game simply does not deliver. If I could have read my own review, I would have kept my money safely tucked away.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2013 3:56 PM BST

5x Halogen GY6.35 Capsule Light Bulb 50W 12V -
5x Halogen GY6.35 Capsule Light Bulb 50W 12V -
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK
Price: 1.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 24 Feb 2013
I found these quite easy to insert into the holder as they are not as small as some reviewers suggest. A good buy, as bright as the original supplied bulb.

Solar Brite Deluxe 50 LED Super Bright White Decorative Solar Fairy String Lights, choice of light effect. Ideal for Trees, Gardens, Festive Parties & More...
Offered by The Sharper Edge Ltd - 2 to 4 day delivery
Price: 23.95

5.0 out of 5 stars See The Light!, 13 Sep 2011
These are great lights - what I really like is that they are so white. If that sounds odd, think about how some lights have a warmth to them (like your indoor light bulbs). These are an icy white which make them seem really bright and piercing. I am very pleased with these.