Profile for JP > Reviews

Content by JP

JP (Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Extra Long 2 Meter Micro USB To USB Cable (Pack Of 5) (BOS-27U) Braided Tangle Free [Type-B] [Micro USB Cable] Free 30 Days Money Back Guarantee [18 Months Warranty]
Offered by The Ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars I will be buying more!!!, 1 Aug 2014
Absolutely delighted with this product.
The quality of the cables is top notch, I carry these in a cable organiser for use at work to power my various USB devices (tablet, wifi hotspot)
The colors make it very easy to distinguish what socket is associated with each device, and the fact that it's a 5 pack allows me to have these in the bedroom for overnight charging of our phones. THe extra lenth, whilst I don't have much need for it in work, is extremely convenient at home as you aren't leaning over towards the socket whilst charging a phone with the extremely short USB cables that seem to be landing with certain models of mobile phone.

I will be purchasing additional cables after pay day to keep one permanently with my Raspberry Pi media centre! WIll be extremely handy for travelling moving forward, as some hotel sockets do not allow for nearby stacking of charging gadgets.

Toy Story Colour Splash Partysaurus Boat
Toy Story Colour Splash Partysaurus Boat
Offered by Brian Games

5.0 out of 5 stars When the waters high, the party's fly!, 31 July 2014
My son is mad into the Toy Story Toons, with Partysaurus Rex being his favorite.
The figures are quite small, but it doesn't really impact the fun he has with them. Pair this up with the music from the cartoon, and you have a party kicking off at bath time - a great way of getting him into the bath!
Took me a minute to figure out how to get the lights going (small button on the lower deck at the back of the boat - should have read instructions), and it's quite short in terms of how long the lights keep going, but again, not a major issue.

Sigma Travel Kit - Mr. Bunny
Sigma Travel Kit - Mr. Bunny
Offered by everyCasa Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 31 July 2014
Pricey, but I guess you get what you pay for. My wife loved these as a gift, and has said they are the best brushes she has owned.

Update - October 2014
My wife is still raving about them and how good they are, so upgrading review to 5 stars

Houdini Stop
Houdini Stop
Offered by everyCasa Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars You can't put a price on caging the Kracken, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Houdini Stop (Baby Product)
This is a godsend for any parent with a trainee escapologist toddler. It's a bit pricey (reason #1 for not being a 5 star review), and the clasps are just a little too narrow to hold the straps of our Graco Nautilus Elite car seat (reason #2 for not being a 5 star review), so a little folding required to close each time. Nothing major, and would still happily buy again if required.

ASICS GEL-KAYANO 19 Running Shoes - 13
ASICS GEL-KAYANO 19 Running Shoes - 13

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed with build quality, 31 July 2014
I loved the fit and comfort of this shoe, but the padding at the rear or the shoe, around the heel, wore through extremely quickly. In less than 6 months, the material at the back of the heel deteriorated and the plastic in the heel was clearly visible rendering the shoe unwearable.

These shoes for very light recreational use, mostly worn at weekends, so I would not have expected a pair of shoes to wear out this quickly. I am not a runner, my main sport being basketball, and I routinely use the Asics Gel Foundation as my trainer of choice due to being a bad overpronator, and have never had issue with them. Each pair would end up lasting, on average, a couple of years, normally being discarded due to appearance rather than being worn out.

Very disappointed with this, as I loved the colors and the fit.
I am hoping to have them replaced with a same model but different color scheme (due to seller stock issues). I will update this review detailing my experience with the replacement shoe at a later date.

Mickey Mouse Play Around Clubhouse
Mickey Mouse Play Around Clubhouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a 2 year old, 10 Feb 2014
My son loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cartoons. He has the fire station set and enjoyed that, but I picked this up on sale last week and he absolutely loves it!
The set itself is great, very simple to put together, and my son loves the trapdoor action on top of the clubhouse.

The only issue I have is that it quite difficult to find packs of figures for these sets, you can only easily pick up figures when they come in the sets accompanying cars etc. I saw a standalone Donald Duck once in a toy shop but none other than that.

Bose ® Carrying Case for QuietComfort ® 15
Bose ® Carrying Case for QuietComfort ® 15

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the bag that comes with AE2W headphones, 6 Feb 2014
Recently purchased a pair of AE2W from Amazon.

After reading some of these reviews saying that AE2 don't fit into this case, I went to the local Bose retailer to try fitting AE2Ws into the Bose Carrying Case for QuietComfort 15, and these fit without issue, even with the bluetooth adapter attached.
I'll probably take it off to be on the safe side, but I have had no issues fitting them into this case.

Bose ® AE2w Bluetooth Headphones - Black
Bose ® AE2w Bluetooth Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding sound quality, very fast delivery, 6 Feb 2014
Bought these for use in a noisy work environment and went for these over the QC15s I wanted the freedom of wireless, and didn't like that the QC15s don't operate at all without batteries.

The AE2W work without the bluetooth adapter and can be used as regular wired AE2's.

One of my initial concerns was that I would be using an older model iPod Touch with bluetooth 2.0 as the source for my music. I called into a local Bose retailer to test this out, and concerns were unfounded. I have to admit that the sound quality is fantastic over the wireless, very impressed.
In addition to this, being able to pair up two devices at one time (iPod and Android phone) is very convenient, the iPod will pause and allow for the incoming\outgoing call - when the call ends, it automatically resumes the music. Sound quality for voice calls is also extremely good.

The headphones are very comfortable to wear for extended duration, I can wear these comfortably for 4-5 hours at a time and have no issue.

I went back to the local retailer to try fitting them into the Bose Carrying Case for QuietComfort 15, and these fit without issue, even with the bluetooth adapter attached. I'll probably take it off to be on the safe side, but I have had no issues fitting it into that case.

Just as an aside, Amazon's delivery was very quick, arrived the day before estimated delivery date. Added bonus!

Sweetbird Eggnog Syrup 1 Litre
Sweetbird Eggnog Syrup 1 Litre

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what was expected, 13 Jan 2014
I read some of the previous reviews and got extremely excited about being able to recreate a certain coffee chains seasonal specialty drink at home with my own espresso machine, but immediately after opening the bottle and taking a quick sniff, I knew this was going to be a...different experience.
First smell from the bottle smelt like alcohol. This is definitely recreating an alcoholic eggnog experience, and the latte does taste as if it was laced. In that respect, I can't say it does a bad job if that's what you are after.

I was expecting more of the sweet, coffee chain experience, so was ultimately disappointed with this syrup.

Philips QT4090/32 Black Pro Stubble Trimmer with Turbo Vacuum and Additional Stubble Comb (Packaging Varies)
Offered by AOT (VAT registered)

3.0 out of 5 stars Vacuum a bit of a gimmick, 13 Jan 2014
This trimmer is grand in handling my first efforts with a beard, I like the digital display showing the length of the trimmer and the battery life seems reasonable enough.
The vacuum is a bit disappointing though, seems a bit of a gimmick add-on as opposed to a breathtaking must-have feature. It will catch some clippings, but not enough to save me from having to give the sink a thorough clean after use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3