Profile for Mrs. Nicola A. Pengelly > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Nicola A....

Mrs. Nicola A. Pengelly "surfchic_pz" (Cornwall UK)

Truly Italian
Truly Italian
by Ursula Ferrigno

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like Italy!, 16 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Truly Italian (Paperback)
After a wonderful holiday in Italy I was very keen to cook Italian at home and create memories of our travels! As my OH is a vegetarian I didn't think that I would find a vegetarian book, but to my surprise, I found this little gem! What a wonderful book! Fantastic photography that stirred up memories of wondering around markets and scenic views; a personal introduction to the book and introductions to the recipes; the most amazing recipes that are authentic and truly Italian!

I haven't had my head out of this book since I brought it! You must try the Olive Oil and Sage Foccacia! It was my first time makign bread and I used dried yeast... It was amazing and filled my house full of lovely bread smells!

A must for true, honest Italian grub!

Wagamama: Ways With Noodles
Wagamama: Ways With Noodles
by Hugo Arnold

5.0 out of 5 stars Oodles of Noodles for Everyone!, 17 May 2006
Wow! What an amazing book! I had my first Wagamana experience on Saturday when I was in Birmigham as we don't have any in Cornwall. The restaurant has been on my "places I must eat in" list and after such wonderful food and service, I just had to buy the cookbook!

Well, it arrived yesterday and I made the Spicy Beef Noodles for Dinner and then made a noodle salad for my packed lunch for work! Roll on lunch time!

It is an amazing book with lots of information and pictures. The recipes are easy to follow and the food that you create is authentic! Some ingredients you do have to look for, but it is worth it! Especaially if you are a foodie and appreciate cooking!

This book would be good for newbies to noodles (like me)!

Buy it, learn to slurp and enjoy oodles of noodles!

:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful little book!, 8 Mar. 2006
I ordered this book last week and have not had my head out of it since! I have even taken it to work with me to read!
It is full of knowledge and information about loads of wonderfoods that benefit you in some way or another followed by recipes for the foods.
It is easy to follow, the pictures and recipes are amazing (i made the pineapple fish curry and the granola at the weekend).
It is one of those books that you will also return to for advice and inspiration! There are chapters in the book that are broken down into diet, skin, moods, energy, sex, detox, etc etc which advise you on what foods to eat.
I also have Natalies Juice book and "The Kitchen Shrink" which are both superb! A real must if you are interested in health and well being without all that nonsense of fad diets that is always about!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful and informative book!, 6 Mar. 2006
I brought this book after having purchased two of Natalies previous books "Super Juices" and "The Kitchen Shrink". This is a wonderful little book with lots of useful information and lovey recipes of which I have tried four already and I only got the book two days ago (the granola is amazing as is the pineapple fish curry!). It's one of those books that you should have on your bookshelf... I have picked it up so many times over the weekend... if you love food and want to know more about eating wonderfoods and finding out what foods are good for your skin, emotions, moods, detox etc then this is the book. It's not one of those "fad" books.... I was amazed at the wealth of information that it contained! The layout, photos and terms/references within the book make it very easy to read and follow.
Go and buy it now!

The Kitchen Shrink: Foods and Recipes for a Healthy Mind
The Kitchen Shrink: Foods and Recipes for a Healthy Mind

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful book!, 2 Mar. 2006
This book is fantastic! If you are interested in food for health then this is it! The book is well laid out into wonderful sections: Moods, PMS, Over Eating, Energy, Mind etc etc with practical advice and suggestions of what foods to eat. There is a wonderful selection of recipes with wonderful clear and crisp pictures. I have already made the Hot and Sour Soup (had that for tea last night) and have made two of the salads for my packed lunch today and I only got the book yesterday!
Natalie makes it a very personal book full of advice and knowledge, yet you do not feel that you are being over loaded with information.
It's a book that is worth being on your bookshelf and you could pick it up over and over again!
What a good buy!