Profile for Phil Evans > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
2 Seater Sofa Protector Cream 46" x 70.5" Water Resistant Quilted
2 Seater Sofa Protector Cream 46" x 70.5" Water Resistant Quilted

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product even for red wine spillage!, 22 Sep 2014
I don't have pets, but I bought this to protect my sofa during parties. I have to say, I bought the cream coloured quilt and it has survived red wine and salsa just by wiping with wet cloth the following day. Very impressed. It's slightly too small for my sofa so it doesn't seat 100% correctly so I'm scoring a 4 out of 5 since there's no option so select a slightly larger 2 seater intermediate size (the options are either 2 or 3 seater).

Ear Classic pad pack 100 pair
Ear Classic pad pack 100 pair
Offered by Rubber Soul Healthcare

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Product but poor packaging, 22 Sep 2014
These earplugs are really good and comfortable. They really do work. However they don't come in the 3M box that is shown in the posting, they are delivered loose in a plastic bag. Small issue as the price is low, but a cardboard box doesn't cost much so I expected to receive what was advertised.

Eddie O Comfy Sexy Mens Hip Briefs (Medium, Black)
Eddie O Comfy Sexy Mens Hip Briefs (Medium, Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort is King, 22 Sep 2014
Most briefs are uncomfortable causing endless discreet adjustments, so I never buy them, opting for boxers. However I caved into the pressure from my girlfriend who wanted me to start wearing more. I searched for comfy briefs, and so gave them a go. I was surprised how comfortable they are while also looking sexy. They even put Calvin Klein briefs to shame.

Samsung 840 EVO 1TB 2.5-inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB 2.5-inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge boost in performance, 22 Sep 2014
Installed into my mid 2013 MacBook Pro to replace the 5400rpm HDD and was astonished by the boost in performance. With my old drive, it would take approx 3 mins for my Mac to finished booting and launch Mail. With this SDD drive it takes 20 seconds. That's 15 times faster. Every other application I use is also incredibly speedy, such as Aperture, Logic Pro, X-Code (especially building projects and running iPhone simulator). I can't recommend it enough.

Mens Sexy Skimpy Tight Boxers / Briefs (MEDIUM, WHITE)
Mens Sexy Skimpy Tight Boxers / Briefs (MEDIUM, WHITE)
Offered by Lavender Blew

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than they look, 16 Jun 2014
These don't quite look the same as advertised. Firstly there is no brand label on the front as per the picture.. they are plain white so they look cheaper. They also come in fairly poor packaging. That doesn't usually bother me, but if you're buying them as a gift you'll need to repackage them.

On the plus side they do feel sexy to wear. They are more see-through than portrayed in the photo.

In my opinion these should be priced lower than £5

Dimplex Studio G 2.5 KW Ceramic Towel Heater
Dimplex Studio G 2.5 KW Ceramic Towel Heater

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 16 Jun 2014
I have a relatively small Studio Apartment and needed to find a heater that I could place in the corner of the room without taking up too much valuable space. I wasn't at all disappointed with this purchase, it does a good job of warming up the whole room in little time. It is capable of warming my entire Studio within 5 mins.

A couple of things can be improved. Firstly, if you power down the heater at the AC Socket, it will not remember your preferred temperature and will default to 25˚C. I would prefer if it stored the setting. Secondly, you can't set a timer to turn it on.. there is only a power down timer. Thirdly, the fans aren't quiet therefore if you're a light sleeper and need this to warm the bedroom it might keep you awake. Finally the small brand sticker near the bottom of the tower fell off after a couple of uses because the glue melted by the warmth of the heater. Simply using a different glue would solve that issue.

I'm scoring this 4 stars since the issues are only minor for me. You get a very decent heater for your money, plus it's very stylish.

VonHaus by Designer Habitat Premium Cantilever TV Wall Bracket for 32 - 65 inch LCD, LED & Plasma TV. Super-strength Load Capacity up to 75KG, 15 degree Tilt mechanism up/down, Max VESA 700x450 (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Designer Habitat

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 24 Jan 2014
This product is of very high quality. It is extremely sturdy and maintains tilted position perfectly. My initial concern was whether my wall would support the combination of this bracket's weight and my TV. Due to the extended arm, a fully extended bracket with a fairly large TV will of course impose a high stress... the product documentation advises that your wall should be capable of supporting 300kg (i.e. worst case condition with the maximum allowed 75kg TV weight and bracket arm fully extended).. how do you find out such information? I have no idea so I went ahead and gave it a go, and it's perfect, very sturdy. (My flat is a 1930's Victorian build with regular concrete block walls).

Highly recommended.

3 way Port HDMI Switch Switcher Splitter 3D 3 in1 1080p 3 HD INPUT 1 OUTPUT for PS3 / Xbox 360 (slim) / Sky HD / Freesat HD / Virgin + / Bluray player / DVD / HD Camcorder / HTPC / Laptop
Offered by ForPower(aLLreli TM)

2.0 out of 5 stars No PSU, 24 Jan 2014
The packaging content was missing the Power Supply Unit (PSU)... and since I needed the switch for an important presentation I had no time to return it and ended up purchasing a 5V PSU. The switch itself feels very cheap, but perfectly functional. I guess you get what you pay for, however I didn't with respect to the PSU.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2014 1:54 AM GMT

Pierre Cardin 2 Pair Boxer Trunk in Black or White (M, White)
Pierre Cardin 2 Pair Boxer Trunk in Black or White (M, White)
Offered by Brand Avenue Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort and Quality, 24 Jan 2014
I'm perplexed at how much some brands price up their underwear.. these are very high quality and comfortable.. comparable to any high priced branded underwear

2 Pairs Mens Haigman Designer Cotton Stretch Trunks Boxer Shorts White M